Reince Preibus has lost his fucking mind

Christ is referred to as the "new King". Priebus is only talking about the celebration of the birth of Jesus. New hope.

Oh no, he is not. He capitalized King, and referenced "this Christmas."

Ummmm, because EVERY Christmas is a celebration of Jesus and his birth, the last I heard. You feeling OK?:cuckoo:

Sorry English isn't your strong suit. Dude, the mods around here sure do show ass.

Actually, it seems that English is a second language to you. Best try and keep up,, sweetie..

I recommend only one period and one comma per usage.

You skipped out on remedial, I take it?

I do that for emphasis. 2nd Language practitioners, such as yourself, need help with the punctuation I have found.

One more time with feeling. Sunday morning, Sunday night, Wednesday night and revival meetings. Assembly of God church 30+ years.

Is this YOU?

If so, you have my sympathy. Get out while you still can.

(Beer at my place later.)

Christ is referred to as the "new King". Priebus is only talking about the celebration of the birth of Jesus. New hope.

Ummmm, because EVERY Christmas is a celebration of Jesus and his birth, the last I heard. You feeling OK?:cuckoo:

Sorry English isn't your strong suit. Dude, the mods around here sure do show ass.

Actually, it seems that English is a second language to you. Best try and keep up,, sweetie..

That's how English As A First Language is written.

Didn't you know?

Relax lefties. You are starting to freak out about everything. Nice talk on Christmas day though. Don't lefties have enough respect left for themselves to avoid using the "F" word for a single day?

One more time with feeling. Sunday morning, Sunday night, Wednesday night and revival meetings. Assembly of God church 30+ years.

So, you've heard new King many times in reference to Christ at Christmas and started this thread anyway?

I don't know much about AoG. IIRC, they are Holy Spirit focused, but surely they preach Christ as well?

That's how English As A First Language is written.

Didn't you know?

S/h/it is shit-laden.

So, are they saying Trump is like the second coming of Christ? Is he as "king" going to reign forevermore? The mad king, it would appear.

Do the service personnel know the CiC is royalty?

One wonders.

Yep, totally whacked.

The GOP has miscalculated that Trump could've been a stale cheese sandwich. Deifying him will only serve to anger the middle voter against the GOP next cycle...especially when The Blessed Savior Trump turns out to behave more like Lucifer...

Is the RNC that daft? I mean, really??!

I love the 'plausible deniability' factor of it. "Oh, we didn't mean NEW 'King'! We meant the same king, different year. No worries. Bygones."

So -- a re-telling of the reason for Christmas is SUPPOSED to be a cleverly veiled analogy to the recent election?

How would YOU summarize "what Christmas is about"?? Not just THIS YEAR -- but every year.. The story doesn't change.

If it just happens that Priebus was TRYING to make that connection -- I'd be concerned. A lot.
But I don't think he was. How about LAST YEARS Christmas message from the GOP? Did you try looking for THAT one?

RNC Message Celebrating Christmas

WASHINGTON - Republican National Committee (RNC) Chairman Reince Priebus and Co-Chair Sharon Day released the following statement celebrating Christmas:

“Merry Christmas to all! Over two millennia ago, a new hope was born into the world, a Savior who would offer the promise of salvation to all mankind. Just as the three wise men did on that night, this Christmas heralds a time to celebrate the good news of a new King. We hope Americans celebrating Christmas today will enjoy a day of festivities and a renewed closeness with family and friends.

“Even as we celebrate, we must also remember those among us who are less fortunate. Many on this day are without hope, and need the kindness and compassion of those around them. It is our prayer we will rise to meet the material, emotional, and spiritual needs of individuals all around us, and what better day is there to love our fellow man than today?

“As we open presents, enjoy Christmas dinner, and celebrate our own family traditions, we are mindful of our men and women in uniform. Many are stationed around the world today protecting our freedoms, and cannot be with their own spouses, children, parents, and siblings. We express the deepest gratitude for service that takes them away from celebrating with loved ones, and we ought to remember them in our thoughts and prayers not just on Christmas Day, but the whole year round.”

So, are they saying Trump is like the second coming of Christ? Is he as "king" going to reign forevermore? The mad king, it would appear.

Do the service personnel know the CiC is royalty?

One wonders.

Pretty much the same message every year. Couldn't find 2015, but here is 2013...

RNC Christmas Message

WASHINGTON – Republican National Committee (RNC) Chairman Reince Priebus and Co-Chairman Sharon Day share their Christmas message:

“Two millennia have passed since the holy night in Bethlehem, and today we rejoice yet again in the enduring good news of Christmas,” said Chairman Priebus. “We celebrate the humble birth of the Child who changed the world. We give thanks to the Lord who gives us hope. And we rejoice in the Savior whose message is love and peace.

“It’s my prayer that the joy of Christmas will fill our hearts and that the peace of Christ will fill our world. To all who are celebrating, I wish a Merry Christmas, blessed by the presence of family and loved ones.

Yup. No mention of the alleged New savior last year.

Edited because I left out a very important word. And of course the new King had yet to be elected.

RNC Message Celebrating Christmas

Well you missed this veiled kudos to Obama right here in the 2015 one !!! :banana:

And like the wise men who came from afar, we strive to humble ourselves in the presence of the Prince of Peace. I hope we keep the joy of Christmas in our hearts well into the New Year.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Fortunately, I am very good at using the ignore function even when it's not a board option. ;)

I am sorry to break the Christmas spirit, but a colleague brought the issue of GOP Chairman Reince Priebus' Christmas message to my attention and, even on a holiday - news is news.

The controversial part of the message reads:

"Over two millennia ago, a new hope was born into the world, a Savior who would offer the promise of salvation to all mankind. Just as the three wise men did on that night, this Christmas heralds a time to celebrate the good news of a new King."

Many on social media reacted in outrage to what they read as an equation of Donald Trump to Jesus. A few hours later CNN reported "RNC spokesman and incoming White House press secretary Sean Spicer said the reference had nothing to do with Trump. 'Christ is the King in the Christian faith.'"

I am just not sure how one would explain the word "new" in the quote.

No, Dan; I'm not sure either. In fact, thus far, no one has been able to explain the sudden addition of the post-election 'new King.'

Dan Rather - I am sorry to break the Christmas spirit, but... | Facebook

Why would Jesus be a 'new' hope? He was born 2000 years ago.

I guess you've never noticed that every year on December 25th or if you are Orthodox in January those of faith don't celebrate Christ's birthday with one big mother trucking cake with 2015 freaking candles on it.

The celebration goes back to the birth of Christ. New hope. New King. New Lord of Lords.

Basically it's a celebration of what happened that night so many years ago. Ground zero Bethlehem. When it all was new.

Wow. This is going to be a fun 8 years. You left wing lunatics are completely whacked out and Trump isn't even sworn into office yet.

:lol:

Forum List

Back