Religion and Politics

Tantheman32

Rookie
Mar 14, 2013
There needs to be a bigger look at our political system in its relationship with religion. Over 70 billion dollars goes un collected by our government from religious profits. We need to look at religion at what it truly is, a business. We make our political candidates religion an actual factor when we go to the voting polls this is a thing that is un constitutional. Our founders made separation of church and state a law for a reason but it is being over looked because it benefits those in power. We have laws against things that are just un morale against religious views which is completely absurd. people that have different religions or non at all are suffering because the people in charge are of the major religion and only want the votes of those believers. In the time of crisis that our political system is in we need to see what is setting it back and how we can progress.

Too many people get confused by the meaning of separation of church and state. It doesn't mean those who serve in government cannot have religious beliefs. It doesn't even mean they can't bring their beliefs to the table in the way they govern. What it does mean is that the government cannot set up and or support one religion or church over another. There can be no church like the Church of England that is promoted by the government.

There needs to be a bigger look at our political system in its relationship with religion. Over 70 billion dollars goes un collected by our government from religious profits. We need to look at religion at what it truly is, a business. We make our political candidates religion an actual factor when we go to the voting polls this is a thing that is un constitutional. Our founders made separation of church and state a law for a reason but it is being over looked because it benefits those in power. We have laws against things that are just un morale against religious views which is completely absurd. people that have different religions or non at all are suffering because the people in charge are of the major religion and only want the votes of those believers. In the time of crisis that our political system is in we need to see what is setting it back and how we can progress.

I'm cool with taxing churches.

Are you cool with the Pope donating money to the candidates he likes?

If not, you're a hypocrite.

Foreign heads of states contributing to American presidential elections seems pretty far removed from a nation's internal revenue regulations.

The problem of religion does not require more laws, just more reason (and perhaps education).

Foreign heads of states contributing to American presidential elections seems pretty far removed from a nation's internal revenue regulations.

The problem of religion does not require more laws, just more reason (and perhaps education).

Who said anything about Foreign HEADS of STATES or discussed a NATIONS REVENUE??

Did you post this in the wrong thread or are you just very confused this morning?

1. They're not profits, they're donations.
2. Making a political candidate's relgion an issue when you vote is NOT unconstitutional, try actually reading the Constitution.
3. The separation is to keep govt out of relgion, NOT religion out of govt.
4. Our laws are based on the Judeo/Christian principles our Founders believed in.
5. Doesn't matter what religion people have now, what matters is the beliefs of the ones who founded this nation, who built this nation and who wrote our Constitution.

Read the post before his, idiot.

I did MORON! ...and no foreign head of state was mentioned --- and neither was revenue...

Donations to poltical campaigns are NOT revenue and the POPE is no foreign head of state...

but thanks for playing!!!

The Roman Catholic Pope is the chief of state of the Vatican. I thought that was common knowledge.

And what is the name of the US service that involves itself in federal taxes?

Last edited:

Not really.

But I was just making a point, a point that the Pope could tell each church to donate money to the candidate he wants them to support, and since the pope is infallible, they will do so w/o queation

Have you considered what they do for people through charity?
What makes you think government can help people with that money better than what the Churches, of all faiths, do?

I would like to see every deduction for every person, charity, and company done away with, but since we are stuck in the real world, I have more faith in the church to do the right thing with my money than I do the government.

Have you considered what they do for people through charity?
What makes you think government can help people with that money better than what the Churches, of all faiths, do?

I would like to see every deduction for every person, charity, and company done away with, but since we are stuck in the real world, I have more faith in the church to do the right thing with my money than I do the government.
Churches are some of the worst places to donate money to for helping people.

The cost of operating their system eats up most of it.

Not really.

But I was just making a point, a point that the Pope could tell each church to donate money to the candidate he wants them to support, and since the pope is infallible, they will do so w/o queation

Yes, I was thinking direct aid from the outside. I think that religions should probably be prevented from contributing to political parties and candidates (separation od church and state works both ways).

Not really.

Yes, I was thinking direct aid from the outside. I think that religions should probably be prevented from contributing to political parties and candidates (separation od church and state works both ways).

So to please you, we all need to turn off our good sense, our ethics, our moral compass, before we involve ourselves in Politics??? :lol: Isn't that the problem with Politics in the first place? :cuckoo:

You sound bothered.

Not really.

So to please you, we all need to turn off our good sense, our ethics, our moral compass, before we involve ourselves in Politics??? :lol: Isn't that the problem with Politics in the first place? :cuckoo:

You sound bothered.

Is this willful misunderstanding or just the ordinary kind?

People are certainly entitled to act according to their internal codes (in fact, it is the ONLY thing they can do).

What is being talked about is official organizations actively promoting an agenda.

You KNOW of a Pope who'd donated to a Presidential-candidate???????

Not to mention that Jesus freaks run one of the biggest scams in the history of mankind. There's not a word in the new testament about building a church but god wrote the specifications to Noah about exact dimentsions of the ark.

Right now the churches in the world own more real property than any other entity except governments themselves. All this accumulation of holdings has taken place while literally billions have starved or suffered from mal nutrition. I've read the new testament no less than ten times and it seems to me that the little thing about taking care of the poor has gone by the wayside. People drop in one time a week and put something into the plate and leave feeling good about themselves and pay no more attention for the next six days. The money they leave goes to expensive buildings, unusual building additions like spires, carpeting, oak or mahagony pews, stained glass, expensive musical instruments and sound systems, religious retreats, youth programs for their own congregation, a cut for their denomination or convention headquarters,.....if anything makes it to the poor it's a fucking miracle.

Yes......they shoud be taxed exactly like any other American business...check it out:

002.jpg

Last edited:

4. Our laws are based on the Judeo/Christian principles our Founders believed in.

"Christianity neither is, nor ever was a part of the common law."

- Thomas Jefferson, February 10, 1814

:eusa_whistle:

No

Do you?

No

Do you?

Regardless of what a pope does they live in a castle with hundreds of billions of dollars worth of gold, silver, fine art, artifacts, books, etc. at their command. That's the biggest farce of all...the Christian church was all but dead in about 350AD when the Roman emperor Canstantine was himself converted and VOILA!!! all the rules for the new church were set then...by him. He even selected the dates for Christmas and Easter by proselytizing(sic) pagan holidays which were already gathering huge crowds to their celebrations.

Forum List

Back