Religious conservatives will never abandon Trump

Again, look up any post by JoeB, I just responded to one 5 minutes ago.

He said threads started by, not posts... Sorry you don't get simple instructions.

The Democrats aren’t even close to being a democratic organization. The deck is stacked with superdelegates. Watch how they control their own party members and imagine what they do with control of the government.

The Superdelegate rule was put in there so they didn't have a repeat of what happened in 1972, where they nominated a nut and lost 49 states. After the Trump Debacle plays out, the GOP will do the same.

Worthless post is worthless

Superdelegates are undemocratic,. lol.

Superdelegates seem modeled after the electoral college.

No, because The Electoral College doesn't include people not part of the voting process.

Superdelegates aren't part of the voting process?
You know Republicans have Superdelegates too...

Superdelegates make up seven percent of the Republican nominating delegation, but they don’t have the same "untethered" status that Democratic superdelegates do.

Following the prolonged 2012 nomination of Mitt Romney, the Republican Party decided to instate new convention guidelines. One of these guidelines mandated that all superdelegates vote for the candidate who won their state in the primary.
What are superdelegates? (And, yes, Republicans have them, too)

“Lifelong republicans say!”

You just cant break free of your programming can you? The appeal to authority must always be to Republicans or Christians.
Deep down you know what you are.

He said threads started by, not posts... Sorry you don't get simple instructions.

The Democrats aren’t even close to being a democratic organization. The deck is stacked with superdelegates. Watch how they control their own party members and imagine what they do with control of the government.

The Superdelegate rule was put in there so they didn't have a repeat of what happened in 1972, where they nominated a nut and lost 49 states. After the Trump Debacle plays out, the GOP will do the same.

No, because The Electoral College doesn't include people not part of the voting process.

Superdelegates make up seven percent of the Republican nominating delegation, but they don’t have the same "untethered" status that Democratic superdelegates do.

Following the prolonged 2012 nomination of Mitt Romney, the Republican Party decided to instate new convention guidelines. One of these guidelines mandated that all superdelegates vote for the candidate who won their state in the primary.

So basically they are just extra votes.

The tethering is what makes the difference. It gives an air of elitism to the Dem primary.

The tethering is what makes the difference. It gives an air of elitism to the Dem primary.

Not even close. Democrats give politicians and special interest groups voting power. Democrat voters can’t outvote the superdelegates...who range from NAACP to union officials to congressmen to party officials. As JoeB131 said...they are there in case the voters don’t make the “right” decision.
By definition all superdelegates are unpledged.

“Unpledged delegates exist really to make sure that party leaders and elected officials don't have to be in a position where they are running against grass-roots activists.”
Debbie w (((Schultz))) DNC chair
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ake-tapper-to-debbie-wasserman-schultz-video/

Democrats fear any power rising from the bottom.

Last edited:
What I want is government to follow the Constitution. Free exercise is a Constitutional Right, and just because you pathologically hate religious people, it doesn't mean you or government gets to ignore that.

Constitution isn't an issue here. You don't get to ignore laws for bullshit religious excuses. Otherwise, I want to cut out my former boss's heart and offer it as a sacrifice to Quetzalcoatl!!! Don't go oppressing my religion with your silly homicide laws!

You want to apply laws that were designed to fight systemic discrimination and apply them to individual rare episodes of crises of conscience.

Your crisis isn't my problem. If you are having a crisis, there's a simple solution. Go find something else to do for a living. I didn't cut out my bosses' heart, even though he was a true asshole. I just found something else to do for a living. If you really hate gay people because you are a latent homosexual fighting down your sexual urges, don't come up with some bullshit religious excuse because you can't stand to see someone else being happy.

Preventing Murder is a compelling government interest. Pretty sad you had to go that route to make your "point"

A person should not be forced to give up their dream over a single transaction. Sorry, but their butthurt doesn't a federal or state case make.

If their dream includes discriminating against "sinners", then they need to find a better dream. If your dream requires you to break the law and refuse service to the class of people you don't like, then this isn't religion, and you can't make this claim, and really you should not open a business where you cannot serve everyone who comes through the door, based on your belief system.

Only in one specific case, and the guy in Colorado also doesn't do things like Halloween cakes, and dildo cakes.

The law shouldn't be going after this guy in the first place. This is a case of butthurt vs. butthurt, and the government shouldn't be involved.

Contracted services are not Public Accomodations.

But he does do wedding cakes and there is no difference in the cake for a straight wedding, a gay wedding or an interracial wedding.

Accord to the LAW contracted services ARE public accommodations. You bitching about the law with every breath you take does ZERO to change the law.

Does constantly whining about PA laws at least make you feel better? There has to be some benefit to you over your bake the cake obsession...

Seriously, what is your beef? Superdelegates have not effected any primary. They didn't "rig" any election. The popular vote winner has taken the top spot in democrats' primaries. Why is the method how a party, you will never vote for, chooses their candidate for the general election of ANY concern to you?

What I want is government to follow the Constitution. Free exercise is a Constitutional Right, and just because you pathologically hate religious people, it doesn't mean you or government gets to ignore that.

Constitution isn't an issue here. You don't get to ignore laws for bullshit religious excuses. Otherwise, I want to cut out my former boss's heart and offer it as a sacrifice to Quetzalcoatl!!! Don't go oppressing my religion with your silly homicide laws!

You want to apply laws that were designed to fight systemic discrimination and apply them to individual rare episodes of crises of conscience.

Your crisis isn't my problem. If you are having a crisis, there's a simple solution. Go find something else to do for a living. I didn't cut out my bosses' heart, even though he was a true asshole. I just found something else to do for a living. If you really hate gay people because you are a latent homosexual fighting down your sexual urges, don't come up with some bullshit religious excuse because you can't stand to see someone else being happy.

Preventing Murder is a compelling government interest. Pretty sad you had to go that route to make your "point"

A person should not be forced to give up their dream over a single transaction. Sorry, but their butthurt doesn't a federal or state case make.

If their dream includes discriminating against "sinners", then they need to find a better dream. If your dream requires you to break the law and refuse service to the class of people you don't like, then this isn't religion, and you can't make this claim, and really you should not open a business where you cannot serve everyone who comes through the door, based on your belief system.

Only in one specific case, and the guy in Colorado also doesn't do things like Halloween cakes, and dildo cakes.

The law shouldn't be going after this guy in the first place. This is a case of butthurt vs. butthurt, and the government shouldn't be involved.

But he does do wedding cakes and there is no difference in the cake for a straight wedding, a gay wedding or an interracial wedding.

Accord to the LAW contracted services ARE public accommodations. You bitching about the law with every breath you take does ZERO to change the law.

Does constantly whining about PA laws at least make you feel better? There has to be some benefit to you over your bake the cake obsession...

According to his moral code, via his right to free exercise, he does see a difference. Since this is not a true Public Accommodation, PA laws shouldn't apply. Plus this is a contracted, non-essential, easily replicated good or service. In this case, the right of the individual outweighs the right of the State to assure commerce.

The law is being wrongly applied, laws to fight systemic discrimination are being used for witch hunts.

I am on the side of maximum freedom for the most people. You are on the side of punishing anyone that doesn't accept and bow down to your lifestyle, and the best part you are a gutless twat about it by using the government to do your fighting.

Seriously, what is your beef? Superdelegates have not effected any primary. They didn't "rig" any election. The popular vote winner has taken the top spot in democrats' primaries. Why is the method how a party, you will never vote for, chooses their candidate for the general election of ANY concern to you?

I just like pointing out how undemocratic the Democrats are.

That they mistrust their own party members so much that they have to rig the game a bit in case they get an outcome the party aristocracy doesn't like.

According to his moral code, via his right to free exercise, he does see a difference. Since this is not a true Public Accommodation, PA laws shouldn't apply. Plus this is a contracted, non-essential, easily replicated good or service. In this case, the right of the individual outweighs the right of the State to assure commerce.

The law is being wrongly applied, laws to fight systemic discrimination are being used for witch hunts.

I am on the side of maximum freedom for the most people. You are on the side of punishing anyone that doesn't accept and bow down to your lifestyle, and the best part you are a gutless twat about it by using the government to do your fighting.

Yes, we know how you feel about the laws. You have many deep feelings about the law. It is your white whale. Well Ahab, that whale isn't going anywhere as long as you're just obsessing from your couch.

That they mistrust their own party members so much that they have to rig the game a bit in case they get an outcome the party aristocracy doesn't like.

Except they aren't since Superdelegates have not effected a single primary. Bernie, the non democrat, didn't have anything stolen from him. He lost the POPULAR VOTE and did not win...unlike Donnie Small Hands.

Yes, we know how you feel about the laws. You have many deep feelings about the law. It is your white whale. Well Ahab, that whale isn't going anywhere as long as you're just obsessing from your couch.

When you have nothing left to defend your position, you argue about the argument,

Thanks for admitting your defeat. Now go play in traffic.

Except they aren't since Superdelegates have not effected a single primary. Bernie, the non democrat, didn't have anything stolen from him. He lost the POPULAR VOTE and did not win...unlike Donnie Small Hands.

How many of those votes happened after the primaries were already "Decided" via the process, which includes superdelegates?

They may not approve of his life, but unlike the democrats, he will not go after what is important in THEIR lives. Democrats offer nothing to Evangelicals except more attacks on their beliefs and lives.

Voting for a thrice-married, twice divorced man known for extramarital affairs, cavorting with Playboy models, vulgar talk, and an itchy Twitter trigger finger — to say nothing of the accusations of racism and sexual harassment or worse against Trump — certainly opens socially conservative Christians up to charges of hypocrisy. It also arguably makes it harder to reach other Americans, including young people, with their religious missions, or work with fellow Christians in communities of color.

But these consequences pale in comparison to voting for a party that stands opposed to the issues nearest to conservative Christians' hearts. As conservative Christian commentator Erick Erickson put it, the Democratic Party "offers me no home and is deeply hostile to people of faith. The president has shown himself to not share my faith convictions any more than the other side, but the president has shown he is willing to defend my faith convictions and is supportive of them."

Erickson didn't vote for Trump in 2016, but announced earlier this month that he plans to do so in 2020. Republican Utah Sen. Mike Lee was one of the most steadfast "Never Trump" social conservatives. He too has said he will endorse Trump in 2020.

If you are anti abortion you will vote for any republican. At some point they may ask why abortion is still legal.

Probably because it’s a necessary evil.

They may not approve of his life, but unlike the democrats, he will not go after what is important in THEIR lives. Democrats offer nothing to Evangelicals except more attacks on their beliefs and lives.

Voting for a thrice-married, twice divorced man known for extramarital affairs, cavorting with Playboy models, vulgar talk, and an itchy Twitter trigger finger — to say nothing of the accusations of racism and sexual harassment or worse against Trump — certainly opens socially conservative Christians up to charges of hypocrisy. It also arguably makes it harder to reach other Americans, including young people, with their religious missions, or work with fellow Christians in communities of color.

But these consequences pale in comparison to voting for a party that stands opposed to the issues nearest to conservative Christians' hearts. As conservative Christian commentator Erick Erickson put it, the Democratic Party "offers me no home and is deeply hostile to people of faith. The president has shown himself to not share my faith convictions any more than the other side, but the president has shown he is willing to defend my faith convictions and is supportive of them."

Erickson didn't vote for Trump in 2016, but announced earlier this month that he plans to do so in 2020. Republican Utah Sen. Mike Lee was one of the most steadfast "Never Trump" social conservatives. He too has said he will endorse Trump in 2020.

If you are anti abortion you will vote for any republican. At some point they may ask why abortion is still legal.

Yes! And when you get to the point of asking that question you become a Trump voter.

The "Electoral College" is undemocratic. Gerrymandering is undemocratic. Removing voters names fromo the register without comfirming their status is undemocratic.

The entire nominating process of both parties is entirely undemocratic. You have a candidate who got 15% of the votes winning ALL of the delegates from a state. That's not democracy. That's idiocy on the hoof.

I think most of them would be OK with overturning Roe and returning the fight to the States.

I think most of them would be OK with overturning Roe and returning the fight to the States.
Good point. Then we can decide on a state level if we want it or not. I suspect Michigan would go blue

The "Electoral College" is undemocratic. Gerrymandering is undemocratic. Removing voters names fromo the register without comfirming their status is undemocratic.

The entire nominating process of both parties is entirely undemocratic. You have a candidate who got 15% of the votes winning ALL of the delegates from a state. That's not democracy. That's idiocy on the hoof.

Since we are a Constitutional Republic, I have no issue with the EC being undemocratic.

Good point. Then we can decide on a state level if we want it or not. I suspect Michigan would go blue

It would separate it from National Politics.

Even Republicans in NY would realize they couldn't ban abortion, and voters wouldn't be beholden to it as a national issue.

Red States will ban abortion just like before Roe v Wade

Women in those states vote Republican. Let them live with the repercussions

Red States will ban abortion just like before Roe v Wade

Women in those states vote Republican. Let them live with the repercussions
And amazon can move its operation to an anti abortion state to avoid paying taxes, and pay these flat earthers below minimum wage. Win win

Forum List

Back