Religous Freedom is so dead

Yes, so why can't we all fund the schools of our choice.

You wouldn't want to be forced to fund religious schools teaching things you don't believe in.

Why should other people be forced to fund public schools teaching things they don't believe in.

Why can't we have free choice instead of forcing people to fund things, and then FIGHTING
when we don't agree what to fund or not to fund in the public schools. How do we keep the schools neutral
if they are going to be publicly funded. the minute this "agenda" creeps in that people say is no longer
universal and neutral, why can't we accept and work WITH that. why exclude them and them blame them.

Can you see the bias here?

If you don't want your child going to a public school, then you need to pay the funds and send them to a private school, a school of your choice. No one is stopping you.

So why is it wrong to practice your faith in a school? And when was it your place to tell other parents how to school their children?

Do you know who funds public schools?

Taxpayers, who else? The very same person you are commanding to put his children in private school is the same person having his tax dollars put toward public education.

And those taxpayers are made up of many different religions and denominations, or no religion at all, are they not?

Yes. Your point?

They all put their money into the coffers, thus their religious beliefs (or non belief) deserve equal tolerance in our public schools.

How are you being suppressed in following your religious beliefs?
Has anyone ever told you that you cannot practice your faith.
Do you attend a weekly religious service?
Can you practice your religion in your own home?
Can you show any emblem that shows you have a certain faith?
Just a few questions.

I'm trying to understand why it's alright to freely exercise one's religion (in schools) on that day but no other

Have you ever considered a private religious school?
Why?
Congress is forbidden from passing any laws that would impede me from exercising my religion.
If we have to resort to only attending private schools, why is my President encouraging all students to exercise their freedom?

If you don't want your child going to a public school, then you need to pay the funds and send them to a private school, a school of your choice. No one is stopping you.

So why is it wrong to practice your faith in a school? And when was it your place to tell other parents how to school their children?

Taxpayers, who else? The very same person you are commanding to put his children in private school is the same person having his tax dollars put toward public education.

And those taxpayers are made up of many different religions and denominations, or no religion at all, are they not?

Are you offering to let us opt out of failed public schools and the public school taxes? :eusa_clap:

Sure, lets all live in an uncivilized, uneducated, third world shithole. :rolleyes:

No, that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that if you want your child hanging religious banners, praying to a particular God, you should consider a private religious school of your choosing, or take your religious practice and do it on your own time.

I've never looked for an atheist organization that does charity.

What an irony.

Why would I? I'm Unitarian, we do plenty to help the community.
I've never looked for an atheist organization that does charity.

What an irony.
You know what? I did Google atheist charies last night.
Number one result was a site that has a list. They listed a staggering THREE organizations.... lol
Where have I advocated schools to cater to any particular religion?
Freedom to exercise one's religion applies to every religion and should not dictate when or where someone should be allowed to pray.
Your suggestions that kids should only pray before or after school or go to private schools is exactly the unfair restrictions placed on our freedom to exercise religion.
What part of NO LAW is so difficult to grasp?

So, in these "public" schools, do you want to pull out the "prayer rugs" and pray to Muhammad?

persianprayerrug.jpg

Pull out the Buddhist statues?

Buddha-Statues-Meanings.jpg

Celebrate Hanukkah?

Hanukkah-Jewish-Holiday-5.jpg

Let the atheists read poetry?

Or is it just your God you want everyone praying to?

You and your family should practice your religion on your own time. School is a place for children to get an education.

If you don't like it, send your child to a religious school of your choice.
Failed Reading Comp 101,huh?
ALL religions. Yes.
Thank you for defaulting to the implied "Christians only care about Christianity" lame-ass rebuttal

When are the children going to have time for Reading Comp 101 is the better question.
You're the one suggesting unfettered accommodations.
I haven't suggested allowing any and all activity to the point of distracting from lessons. But it isn't necessary to stifle all activity, either.
You really should contact our President. He's the one encouraging kids to exercise their religious freedoms at school.

You're not suggesting other accommodations because you only want children praying to "your" God. You only want "your" God recognized.

Religious education is YOUR responsibility.
I'm not suggesting other accommodations because I don't know all of the ones that would have to be made. That doesn't mean I think that none should be made.
But thanks again for the familiar "all or nothing" argument

Just a few questions.

I'm trying to understand why it's alright to freely exercise one's religion (in schools) on that day but no other

Why?
Congress is forbidden from passing any laws that would impede me from exercising my religion.
If we have to resort to only attending private schools, why is my President encouraging all students to exercise their freedom?
Do you need to scroll back and catch up?
I can wait......

Not me, personally.
But, yes, religious expression is being suppressed constantly

You need to catch up. Again, where has it been stated that anyone, including you, cannot practice your faith.
ku-xlarge.gif

Just a few questions.

Why?
I can wait......

Not me, personally.

Just a few questions.

Why?
I can wait......

Not me, personally.

You're the oppressed majority. LOL!

Are you offering to let us opt out of failed public schools and the public school taxes? :eusa_clap:

Can we also opt out of road taxes we don't drive on? What about all the other tax-funded stuff we don't personally use - or want...?

Hey its you libs who are always yapping about how much money per student is spent on public education, logically if send 3 kids to private school you don't need the public school tax money for those three kids...right? What are you doing with my money pocketing it as a bonus?

Sure, lets all live in an uncivilized, uneducated, third world shithole. :rolleyes:

No, that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that if you want your child hanging religious banners, praying to a particular God, you should consider a private religious school of your choosing, or take your religious practice and do it on your own time.

LMAO as predicted ^^^ you libs talk out of both sides of your mouths. If we pull 2,000 kids out of public schools in a district and instead educate them in private schools then you don't need the tax money to educate those 2,000 kids, your costs went down, we should get to keep our money and use it to pay for the private school. Instead you libs refuse to remove your vamp fangs from our wallets. I really wonder what you are doing with the money we are paying to educate those 2,000 students. You obviously don't need to hire teachers to teach them. Where did our money go? Did you just pocket it as a bonus for doing nothing?

You need to catch up. Again, where has it been stated that anyone, including you, cannot practice your faith.
ku-xlarge.gif

Just a few questions.

Why?
I can wait......

Not me, personally.
Allow me to follow suite with answering questions with questions.
Are you saying that religious freedom isn't being stifled?

Can we also opt out of road taxes we don't drive on? What about all the other tax-funded stuff we don't personally use - or want...?

Hey its you libs who are always yapping about how much money per student is spent on public education, logically if send 3 kids to private school you don't need the public school tax money for those three kids...right? What are you doing with my money pocketing it as a bonus?

Can you please tell us which "libs are always yapping about how much money per student is spend on public education"? Per my recollection - that "yapping" usually comes from NaziCons.

Can you please tell us which "libs are always yapping about how much money per student is spend on public education"? Per my recollection - that "yapping" usually comes from NaziCons.

Get real lib its the teachers unions rallying cry every damn time they ask for an increase. Poor us look at how much (fill in the blank) district is spending per student. Do it for the kids, books, computers, the building is falling down. Then the teachers union stampedes to the trough and diverts all the money to salaries, benefits, and pensions for themselves.

If it were up to me, that money would be used to improve school districts in low income areas. Unfortunately, 3 kids going to a private school isn't going to do it.

Where would you like the money to go?

that it's been relegated to a once-a-year holiday.

Religious Freedom Day
Each year, the President declares January 16th to be Religious Freedom Day, and calls upon Americans to "observe this day through appropriate events and activities in homes, schools, and places of worship."

:eusa_shhh:
Happy Fauxrage!

The recognition of National Religious Freedom Day was first proclaimed by President George H.W. Bush and first commemorated on January 16, 1993. This national observance was the brainchild of board and staff of the First Freedom Center, who petitioned federal and state governments to pay homage to the critical importance that religious liberty plays in the lives of Americans and people worldwide. January 16 was chosen because it was on that date in 1786 that Thomas Jefferson’s revolutionary Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom was enacted by the Virginia General Assembly. This stirring document, ushered through the legislature by the tactical brilliance of James Madison, provided the ideological basis for the religion clauses of the First Amendment.

National Religious Freedom Day ndash First Freedom Center

If it were up to me, that money would be used to improve school districts in low income areas. Unfortunately, 3 kids going to a private school isn't going to do it.

Where would you like the money to go?

I would pour untold wealth into low income school districts. I'd cut a check today AND I would feel good about doing so. I would feel like I was accomplishing something noble and good for society. But I know my money will never reach the students, the teachers union will pocket it like the do now and be right back asking for more next year citing the same lies they did the year before, e.g. its for the kids, its for books, its for computers, its for building maintenance blah blah. I have listened to that crap for decades, decades.

The problem is the public education system has been corrupted. Who corrupted it? Yes government corrupted it, shocker. /sarcasm

Get real lib its the teachers unions rallying cry every damn time they ask for an increase. Poor us look at how much (fill in the blank) district is spending per student. Do it for the kids, books, computers, the building is falling down. Then the teachers union stampedes to the trough and diverts all the money to salaries, benefits, and pensions for themselves.

How dare they make a living! Why are you attacking the Middle Class?

You do realize that the poor red states, where teachers are paid the least, are where we have some of the worst school districts in the country?

The ranking, from the personal finance site Wallethub, outlines the best and worst states for K-12 education, given the connection between one's education and future earning potential. The ranking was based on 12 factors, including student dropout rate, pupil/teacher ratio, test scores, rates of bullying and school safety measures.

The top scorers were New Jersey, Massachusetts, Vermont, New Hampshire and then Kansas. The site dubbed the areas with the worst school systems as Nevada, Louisiana, Alabama, Mississippi and, lastly, the District of Columbia.

LMAO as predicted ^^^ you libs talk out of both sides of your mouths. If we pull 2,000 kids out of public schools in a district and instead educate them in private schools then you don't need the tax money to educate those 2,000 kids, your costs went down, we should get to keep our money and use it to pay for the private school. Instead you libs refuse to remove your vamp fangs from our wallets. I really wonder what you are doing with the money we are paying to educate those 2,000 students. You obviously don't need to hire teachers to teach them. Where did our money go? Did you just pocket it as a bonus for doing nothing?

And what do you expect will happen to the children of low income families who can't afford private schools?

Good thing we're not leaving this up to the (cough, cough) Christian right to decide. We would be living in a 3rd world shithole. If you think the income gap is wide now, wait till we offer no education to the poor kids.

Sorry, but paying taxes is patriotic, and it's the price you pay to avoid living in a shithole.

With an emphatic Yes. I am making that statement.
No one has ever told me what to believe and what not to believe.
No one has made me stop believing or following a "faith."
Without a doubt this answers your question.
Now answer those that I poised to those that think they cannot worship as they choose.
Without forcing your beliefs into an unwanted situation.
images

ku-xlarge.gif

Just a few questions.

Why?
I can wait......

Not me, personally.
Allow me to follow suite with answering questions with questions.
Are you saying that religious freedom isn't being stifled?

Forum List

Back