Remember, Trump / DeSantis is likely to be a 12 year ticket so to speak…. DeSantis / ______ may only be an 8 year ticket….right?

Trump can’t win
84 million voted against him

DeSantis doesn’t have the Trump baggage
60b94n.jpg

Beware the early push candidates...........they may be from the Swamp just cleaned up.

They do this all the time.............Be Cautious.

Trump's already been in office for four years.

And if he was in office 6 more years...........
Then Desantis was in office for 10 years..............
Then thats 16 years.

------------------------------------------------------------

Can a US president serve more than 8 years?

Passed by Congress in 1947, and ratified by the states on February 27, 1951, the Twenty-Second Amendment limits an elected president to two terms in office, a total of eight years. However, it is possible for an individual to serve up to ten years as president.

And if he was in office 6 more years...........
Then Desantis was in office for 10 years..............
Then thats 16 years.

------------------------------------------------------------

Can a US president serve more than 8 years?

Passed by Congress in 1947, and ratified by the states on February 27, 1951, the Twenty-Second Amendment limits an elected president to two terms in office, a total of eight years. However, it is possible for an individual to serve up to ten years as president.

That was passed as a stop-gap to prevent what FDR did, which was serve three terms. There is the possibility of a President serving two terms, and then running as Vice President for another candidate, but that's debatable. According to Wikipedia:

"The practical applicability of this distinction has not been tested, as no twice-elected president has ever been nominated for the vice presidency. While Hillary Clinton once suggested she considered former President Bill Clinton as her running mate,[28] the constitutional question remains unresolved.[1]"

Twenty-second Amendment to the United States Constitution - Wikipedia

My amazing 20 year old daughter just made that valuable point….I tend to agree with her. Your thoughts?

As much as everyone either loves and worships Donald Trump or despises the man I for one cannot understand why my fellow republicans are so myopic for Trump over every other possibility; it is almost as if no other republican candidate existed before or after Trump. This tunnel vision for one man and one man only will be key in the American political right's continued defeat in the nation's ongoing cultural and ideological war.

Without the illegal mail in ballots. You cannot win.

Well if that is the case

With Kamala Harris certifying the Electoral Votes, you can’t win

I am positive she will find a reason to discard the EVs from Texas and Florida

Well if that is the case

With Kamala Harris certifying the Electoral Votes, you can’t win

I am positive she will find a reason to discard the EVs from Texas and Florida
Lol, the election will be a landslide towards Trump. No worries. Anyway, we own the Supreme Court now. Kamala is out numbered.

Forum List

Back