Remember when Sarah Palin was mocked for predicting Russia would invade Ukraine?

In terms of of what insight she gained from Russia's actions at that time. Couric later asked her why that qualified as foreign policy credentials and Palin answered, it certainly does.
agreed

In terms of of what insight she gained from Russia's actions at that time. Couric later asked her why that qualified as foreign policy credentials and Palin answered, it certainly does.

Couric asked her what newspapers she reads and Palin replied…..All of them

u
You just said she had no experience with any such deals.

So what were her foreign policy credentials?
i never claimed she made any deals directly with Russian…

i said she had to deal with them, as they were neighbors

At the time, Palin was looked at as an outlier in the Republican Party

Since then, the party has been flooded by those seeking to say the dumbest thing

Greene, Boebert, Gaetz, Gossar, Hawthorne

No wonder Palin wants to get back into politics. She will fit right in.

u

i never claimed she made any deals directly with Russian…

i said she had to deal with them, as they were neighbors

There are no Russian representatives in the edge of Siberia that she could have been able to deal with.
The closest she could have come would be if a Russian fishing boat got lost or something.
Russia is not a neighbor to Alaska, as the areas where they are close, are totally uninhabited.
Where people live is almost 1000 miles a part.

beringstrait.png

That was so funny

Conservatives calling “What newspapers do you read” as a “gotcha” question

Actually is was a "gotcha" question because if she listed any right wing publications, she would look narrow.
If she listed any left wing publication, she would be advertising for them.

Obama did not try to make up some bogus foreign policy experience with Russia
Was what she said untrue? The press was beating her up for her lack of experience and letting Obama slide on his. BTW who was right about Russia? Obama or Palin? She was the of a Governor of a state that bordered Russia. Do Governors of southern border states get some bon e fides regarding their experience on that subject? She had more "relevant experience" than President Obama did at the time he was elected. I don't think that means she would have been a better President than he was but acting like she was some inexperienced twit and Obama was some seasoned elder statesman at that time is just contrary to the facts. Frankly Im not sure why we fret over people's "experience" as I dont think there's another job that gives you the requisite experience to be the POTUS anyway, and when we've elected people who supposedly do have the experience I dont know that it's turned out much better than when we havent. Reagan was a Governor. (good) So was Carter (bad). Obama didnt really have any experience (Pretty good) . Clinton was a Governor, (good) so was Bush junior (MEH depends on who you talk to) . Bush Senior had a ton of past Government experience include being VP (he didnt do well as President). Biden was a Senator and VP basically his entire adult life (He's generally been a train wreck). Trump again no experience (He's either the second coming of the Messiah or the Antichrist depending on who you're talking to and everywhere in between).

Was what she said untrue?
She was not mocked because what she said was untrue, but because what she said was stupid

Two uninhabited islands that are within sight of each other is not foreign policy experience

Putin flying over Alaska when he enters US airspace is not foreign policy experience

Actually is was a "gotcha" question because if she listed any right wing publications, she would look narrow.
If she listed any left wing publication, she would be advertising for them.
It turned out to be a “gotcha” question because it revealed that Palin does not actually read the news.
She showed that again and again with her lack of knowledge of national and international issues.

The typical USMB poster of either side understands more about national politics and global issues than Palin did in 2008

She was not mocked because what she said was untrue, but because what she said was stupid

Two uninhabited islands that are within sight of each other is not foreign policy experience

Putin flying over Alaska when he enters US airspace is not foreign policy experience
She was mocked as being a dumb ass long before that but ok. The press went after her as a moron early and often. I dont know why McCain picked her as a running mate, not that I think it would have made much difference who he picked.

Pepperidge Farms remembers.

"Russia might invade Ukraine if Obama wins, Palin warns"​

October 22, 2008, 1:09 PM

Speaking Tuesday at a rally in a Reno, Nevada, Republican vice-presidential nominee Sarah Palin had a little fun with her counterpart on the Democratic ticket, thanking Joe Biden for warning Barack Obama’s supporters to “gird your loins” for an international crisis if the Illinois senator wins.
Palin helpfully offered four scenarios for such a crisis, one of which was this strange one:

Russia might invade Ukraine if Obama wins, Palin warns
So she was dead ass wrong. Thanks.

She was mocked as being a dumb ass long before that but ok. The press went after her as a moron early and often. I dont know why McCain picked her as a running mate, not that I think it would have made much difference who he picked.
She had a certain charisma with conservatives but had lived in a bubble in Alaska and understood little of history, politics, national or international events.

Like I said, the typical USMB poster knows much more than Palin did

She had a certain charisma with conservatives but had lived in a bubble in Alaska and understood little of history, politics, national or international events.

Like I said, the typical USMB poster knows much more than Palin did
and she apparently knew much more then Obama and Xiden

and she apparently knew much more then Obama and Xiden
Now you are making shit up

Both Obama and Biden were more well read on National and International issues. They actually kept up on current events…..something Palin was clueless about

Now you are making shit up

Both Obama and Biden were more well read on National and International issues. They actually kept up on current events…..something Palin was clueless about
No, she was 100 percent right about Russia invading Ukraine if Obama and Xiden won....she was 100 percent correct.

Forum List

Back