🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Renewables have won the race against coal

Are you INSANE?

View attachment 253097

If renewable power multiplied 10 fold in the next year, it still wouldn't touch coal.

You people.... you claim to be so scientific, so forward looking, so into technology, and then you spout off the world is going to end in 12 years, planes will be replaced by fart-less cows, and renewable power has over taken coal?????

You people are the absolute dumbest, most ignorant, myth believing flat-earthers on the planet. Good night, how stupid you people must be. No wonder the the green energy companies love you people, who make the super wealthy get tons of corporate welfare from your tax money.
Same old talking points.

FACTS. You have talking points, which are all lies.

Are you INSANE?

View attachment 253097

If renewable power multiplied 10 fold in the next year, it still wouldn't touch coal.

You people.... you claim to be so scientific, so forward looking, so into technology, and then you spout off the world is going to end in 12 years, planes will be replaced by fart-less cows, and renewable power has over taken coal?????

You people are the absolute dumbest, most ignorant, myth believing flat-earthers on the planet. Good night, how stupid you people must be. No wonder the the green energy companies love you people, who make the super wealthy get tons of corporate welfare from your tax money.
Same old talking points.
You mean the facts?

AKA getting the taxpayer to foot the bill.
To some extent, sure. And to another extent, these measures will be successful precisely because they are more economically viable, saving the average person money. By the same logic, we subsidize natural gas exploration. Are you going to complain about that, now? Or do you have some sort of ideology to present that holds natural gas as preferable to less impactful sources of energy?
We don't subsidize natural gas exploration, dumbass.
When lawmakers tear up regulations and write laws which prevent landowners from suing gas companies for poisoning the aquifers, that is a form of subsidy. Dumbass ( to use your kind of language)

How do you poison an aquifer by drilling thousands and thousands of feet below it?

Are you INSANE?

View attachment 253097

Same old talking points.
You mean the facts?
Actual facts. Not propaganda

Because it's a scam.
The environment is a scam. I agree.
Let's just end it all now.
Castle-Bravo.jpg

I live in a state with a very liberal/progressive Democrat Governor that is also a big fracking state. It is very highly regulated and monitored. They also pay huge taxes, and extraction and impact fees. The state makes a lot of money, and there have been no negative environmental issues. It has provided thousands of good paying jobs, and helped to keep domestic energy prices low. Many small towns that were depressed are now booming. It is a huge win/win.
Temporary. I live near dozens of dried up oil towns down in E Texas and NW Louisiana.
Go to Monroe or Oil City sometime and taste the tap water.

I'll bet your tap water doesn't even come from a well!

Can we all at least agree that if this were true, it would be a good thing?

Define good thing? They pollute just as much as coal and natural gas, take up far more land than gas, oil, coal or nuclear, and aren't as effective at providing energy.

Nobody talks about the toxic waste that is used in batteries and solar panels, once they reach the end of their life cycle you got to get rid of it somehow.
A fair point. But it is worth noting that those byproducts not only do not remain a threat to humans for 100s of 1000s of years (as nuke plant waste does), they also don't require as much infrastructure and effort to sequester. Nuke waste requires 'round the clock cooling and shielding. For 100s of 1000s of years. So there are hurdles to clear.
We’ve already cleared the hurdles. If you want to increase energy production to fit the needs with solar energy you’re going to have to drastically increase the waste the comes from solar. Even if we improve the lifespan of solar panels and batteries, you’re looking at getting maybe 15 years out of panels, and even less from batteries. Batteries are another story where their storage capacity degrades rapidly, every year you’ll be able to store less and less, what happens when there isn’t enough battery to fit the needs? It’s an incredible amount of matainence to keep up with. Not to forget all that toxic waste is will be compounding, every 15 years...in contrast to 80 years life span for a nuclear core, while refueling the rods (with very minimal waste products) every 8 years or so. It’s not even a contest when it comes to waste produced. This isn’t even factoring the shortcomings of solar energy, like the need for tons and tons of real estate, and the fact that it needs the sun...which isn’t always present. Best hope there isn’t a hail storm or a tornado, there goes all your energy. Nuclear built to withstand most natural disasters, granted its bad when it doesn’t, like our one example in Fukushima. Solar energy is just so friggen impractical providing the energy needs en mass, it’s a feel good concept. Sure it’s got small scale applications, but that’s about it. There so many more hurdles with solar than there is nuclear.

I live in a state with a very liberal/progressive Democrat Governor that is also a big fracking state. It is very highly regulated and monitored. They also pay huge taxes, and extraction and impact fees. The state makes a lot of money, and there have been no negative environmental issues. It has provided thousands of good paying jobs, and helped to keep domestic energy prices low. Many small towns that were depressed are now booming. It is a huge win/win.
Temporary. I live near dozens of dried up oil towns down in E Texas and NW Louisiana.

When I lived in Anaheim CA the tap water tasted like crap.

I lived in Florida for years and the water tasted like crap because it contains sulphur. You smell like rotten eggs when you get out of the shower!

I lived in Florida for years and the water tasted like crap because it contains sulphur. You smell like rotten eggs when you get out of the shower!
I heard parts of North Texas are like that.
Bottled water is a huge business in abandoned oil towns for
some reason.
176c0876-8748-47bb-9a24-faaf17622f45_d.jpg

Forum List

Back