reparations for slavery

I'm so against this as a family genealogist. Because I know for a fact not all whites were slave owners in the past , and not all blacks were slaves in the past. you ever read about the black slave owners? Did you ever read that african tribles men kidnapped their own people sold them to whites off shore. Many blacks now came from other countires were there relatives were never slaves in america or had anythiing to do with American slavery. Maybe blacks should be paying us whites. From 1530 to 1780 black africans their for bearers inslaved over 1 billion europeans ,white for over 250 years. THats 50 years longer then blacks were in slaved in america. How many of us are related to them? We can not do that because so everyone in slaved everyone in the past. It was an excepted practice in anciet times you know in many countires. Should we all go broke to make others happy? Should we go against at lae of the land that say no can be hold repsponsable for one a relative did in the past, and non one can get awarded for what happend doe something done to a relative in the past. I have done my research eight branches, both sides of my family . Not one slave holder in the bunch,. Hard working middle class religious folks, many who have been in this country sence the colones and the civil war. I know who I am and I owe no one nothing. I would love too see everyone in american sit down do your family reaserch learn who you are and were you come from/. Discover something about yourself . Instead of demanding reparations for what you think you know.!
Well, they just want some money for nothing that involved them.
1. Lazy.
2. They won't really get that much, if they do get reparations (they are probably crazy to think that they'll get millions each), it would just be a one time stipend.
3. Lousy money management. Once they got their one time stipend, they'd just quickly burn through it and start whining again, holding out empty pockets.
The whole thing is a waste of time that could be better spent actually sitting down, studying hard and once in the real world, gradually working their way up the workforce ladder.
They just want Michael Jordan shows money. We all know that !

Nobody in my family owned a slave and I've never met a slave. Very few people owned slaves. Only those who were rich enough to own a plantation. The common people never owned slaves.

Who wants to pay someone living today for what happened 150 years ago?None of them were alive then and they sure aren't slaves now.

Reparations?? A load of horse shit.

Nobody in my family owned a slave and I've never met a slave. Very few people owned slaves. Only those who were rich enough to own a plantation. The common people never owned slaves.

Who wants to pay someone living today for what happened 150 years ago?None of them were alive then and they sure aren't slaves now.

Reparations?? A load of horse shit.
black people today should be proud of how far they have come and what is now does at all compare to the slave days od two hundred years ago. We need to learn to apprecite what we have today. They are totaly spiting on everything thier forbeareds achieve and everyone that achieved it with them. Ther are so many ungfreatfull people in this world.

If you believe you deserve reparations for something that never happened to you...explain that to me again with facts and not emotional rhetoric. You DO know what facts are, I hope.
If reparations should be paid, they should be paid by Democrats as they were the ones that owned the slaves and benefitted from their use.

Working People are hoarding gas, living paycheck to paycheck - reparations ain’t happenin’ anytime soon.

You can call the stimulus checks reparations and move on.
We have thrown money at the inner city for 60 years. It hasn't worked and it won't work.
If your talking about welfare and social services , well everyone whose income is below a certain level will receive the same benefits. It really is not an inner city thing or trailer park thing or rural area thing. It is a cost of living thing and opportunity thing.

You can call the stimulus checks reparations and move on.
We have thrown money at the inner city for 60 years. It hasn't worked and it won't work.
If your talking about welfare and social services , well everyone whose income is below a certain level will receive the same benefits. It really is not an inner city thing or trailer park thing or rural area thing. It is a cost of living thing and opportunity thing.
So why did all these idiotsvote in this egg head for preident who hired all our taxes.

I'm so against this as a family genealogist. Because I know for a fact not all whites were slave owners in the past , and not all blacks were slaves in the past. you ever read about the black slave owners? Did you ever read that african tribles men kidnapped their own people sold them to whites off shore. Many blacks now came from other countires were there relatives were never slaves in america or had anythiing to do with American slavery. Maybe blacks should be paying us whites. From 1530 to 1780 black africans their for bearers inslaved over 1 billion europeans ,white for over 250 years. THats 50 years longer then blacks were in slaved in america. How many of us are related to them? We can not do that because so everyone in slaved everyone in the past. It was an excepted practice in anciet times you know in many countires. Should we all go broke to make others happy? Should we go against at lae of the land that say no can be hold repsponsable for one a relative did in the past, and non one can get awarded for what happend doe something done to a relative in the past. I have done my research eight branches, both sides of my family . Not one slave holder in the bunch,. Hard working middle class religious folks, many who have been in this country sence the colones and the civil war. I know who I am and I owe no one nothing. I would love too see everyone in american sit down do your family reaserch learn who you are and were you come from/. Discover something about yourself . Instead of demanding reparations for what you think you know.!
Blacks have been paid many trillions in welfare
. They don’t deserve a penny

Blacks have been paid many trillions in welfare
. They don’t deserve a penny
true.

One thing we could do? Disband the democrat party, the party founded by slave owners, that tried to expand slavery into new states, started the Civil War to protect slavery and fought the Civil Rights movement to prevent Blacks from getting equal rights......take the assets of the democrat party and give it to the descendants of slaves.......

"Slavery" is a talking point for democrat Black failure. No other enslaved group besides democrat Blacks ever failed to excel after being freed.

Forum List

Back