🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Reparations???

These things are already available to all Americans of any race. You can go to trade school if you like, but pay for it yourself. If your schools are less than adequate, you can put tax levies on the ballot for more funding of your local schools. Anybody with a high school diploma and physically fit can join our military where you earn lots of benefits and can even retire by the time you're 40 with a great pension.

First you say you are not for reparations and then say when it comes time for reparations, then we can do it the smartest way. Sure sounds like you're for reparations to me.

Youth centers are all over this country, especially in lower income areas, and they didn't do any good. It's just another place to sell drugs or shoot people in the parking lot. The problem with blacks is not history, the problem with blacks are the present. Single-parent households, teenage mothers, several baby daddies, lack of involvement in their children's education are all part of what keeps them down; not what happened to their grandparents.
I don’t tend to say I’m for or against generized things. I need to look at the situation and the proposal. So when people propose reparations my first reaction is to acknowledge their reasoning for wanting them... which seems to be the point where you get combative and stall the conversation... and then I look for the best solutions which I’m general I’d support improvements to education and community programs. Show me a specific reparation or affirmative action law and I can tell you if I’m for or against it.

I think most of the time you are fighting against something that isn’t even there

What I'm fighting for is common sense.

I too ask why people would want reparations, but my answer is more down to earth: votes.

That's all this is, another Santa Claus moment where Democrat politicians promise more government goodies from the present sack while at the same time, reinforcing their past messages how you couldn't do it because you're a victim, and you have a valid excuse for being a failure. That's why you need us........Democrats; to make things equal for people just like you.
That’s a weak partisan narrative. You are trying to demean and deminish because you disagree with policy but you are not engaging in an honest way. You are attacking generalities and applying extreme viewpoints to the masses. Here is a newsflash, It is possible to be liberal, even a democrat and not support every proposed entitlement. In fact I know many Dems that really want entitlement reform. It’s a shame the republicans are too busy demonizing and not interested in trying to understand and work together to find solutions.

The only solution as far as a Democrat is concerned is doing things the Democrat way. Just look at this border fence issue.

We spend more on food stamps in one month than Trump is asking for just one time. They even let the government shutdown not to give into Trump's request. These people do not negotiate anything unless it's to screw the Republicans to the wall and have to give up very little.

Now what Democrats want entitlement reform that the Republicans are not entertaining? I never heard anything about it.
The border issue is the same as everything else, stagnant because both sides are lying and demonizing each other. Trump spent two years talking shot about the Dems and now they aren’t going to do anything to help him. He made that bed. McConnell did everything he could to block Obama, repeal Obamacare, and even block a SCOTUS nomination. So now Dems are doing the tit for tat baby games. Both sides are acting like children. When you and I talk about issues and I hear you use those tactics I can’t help but call them out

And how quickly you forget what the Democrats said about him as well even before he became President. Trump didn't use the FBI to do his opposition dirty work.....Hillary did. Typical ragging each other goes on all the time and especially during elections, so quit making excuses for the Democrats stopping Trump from everything. And what they can't stop, they get their Commie judges to do it for them.

It's the job of any representative to do the bidding of their constituents, and we wanted Commie Care stopped. When that didn't happen, we wanted it rescinded once we got power, and that didn't happen either.

I don’t tend to say I’m for or against generized things. I need to look at the situation and the proposal. So when people propose reparations my first reaction is to acknowledge their reasoning for wanting them... which seems to be the point where you get combative and stall the conversation... and then I look for the best solutions which I’m general I’d support improvements to education and community programs. Show me a specific reparation or affirmative action law and I can tell you if I’m for or against it.

I think most of the time you are fighting against something that isn’t even there

I too ask why people would want reparations, but my answer is more down to earth: votes.

That's all this is, another Santa Claus moment where Democrat politicians promise more government goodies from the present sack while at the same time, reinforcing their past messages how you couldn't do it because you're a victim, and you have a valid excuse for being a failure. That's why you need us........Democrats; to make things equal for people just like you.
That’s a weak partisan narrative. You are trying to demean and deminish because you disagree with policy but you are not engaging in an honest way. You are attacking generalities and applying extreme viewpoints to the masses. Here is a newsflash, It is possible to be liberal, even a democrat and not support every proposed entitlement. In fact I know many Dems that really want entitlement reform. It’s a shame the republicans are too busy demonizing and not interested in trying to understand and work together to find solutions.

The only solution as far as a Democrat is concerned is doing things the Democrat way. Just look at this border fence issue.

We spend more on food stamps in one month than Trump is asking for just one time. They even let the government shutdown not to give into Trump's request. These people do not negotiate anything unless it's to screw the Republicans to the wall and have to give up very little.

Now what Democrats want entitlement reform that the Republicans are not entertaining? I never heard anything about it.
The border issue is the same as everything else, stagnant because both sides are lying and demonizing each other. Trump spent two years talking shot about the Dems and now they aren’t going to do anything to help him. He made that bed. McConnell did everything he could to block Obama, repeal Obamacare, and even block a SCOTUS nomination. So now Dems are doing the tit for tat baby games. Both sides are acting like children. When you and I talk about issues and I hear you use those tactics I can’t help but call them out

And how quickly you forget what the Democrats said about him as well even before he became President. Trump didn't use the FBI to do his opposition dirty work.....Hillary did. Typical ragging each other goes on all the time and especially during elections, so quit making excuses for the Democrats stopping Trump from everything. And what they can't stop, they get their Commie judges to do it for them.

It's the job of any representative to do the bidding of their constituents, and we wanted Commie Care stopped. When that didn't happen, we wanted it rescinded once we got power, and that didn't happen either.
Hillary didn’t use the FBI against Trump. Hillary got screwed by the FBI just before the election. Jesus man, you slurped up way too much koolaid. Stick to the facts

Hillary didn’t use the FBI against Trump. Hillary got screwed by the FBI just before the election. Jesus man, you slurped up way too much koolaid. Stick to the facts

You want to talk about facts? Very well.

Did the FBI present opposition research obtained by a foreign ex-agent who got his information from the Russian government to a FISA judge, yes or no?

Did the FBI destroy Huma's computer which not only contained classified information that Hillary was not supposed to send, but who's husband used that very same computer to send nude pictures of himself to strangers, yes or no?

Did James Comey tell Lynch that she should not proceed with charges against Hil-Liar, yes or no?

Did the FBI agent who (through text) reveal his bias against Trump not interview Hillary about her server?

Did the other FBI agent he was sending texts to also have a bias against President Trump? Yes or no.

No, it wasn't Hillary personally, but it was all part of a cabal which she was the main driver of.

Did the FBI present opposition research obtained by a foreign ex-agent who got his information from the Russian government to a FISA judge, yes or no?

Did the FBI destroy Huma's computer which not only contained classified information that Hillary was not supposed to send, but who's husband used that very same computer to send nude pictures of himself to strangers, yes or no?

Did James Comey tell Lynch that she should not proceed with charges against Hil-Liar, yes or no?

Did the FBI agent who (through text) reveal his bias against Trump not interview Hillary about her server?

Did the other FBI agent he was sending texts to also have a bias against President Trump? Yes or no.

No, it wasn't Hillary personally, but it was all part of a cabal which she was the main driver of.
Let’s stick to one at a time shall we?

“Did the FBI present opposition research obtained by a foreign ex-agent who got his information from the Russian government to a FISA judge, yes or no?”

Yes. Some of the dossier was intel gained from contacts Steele had with Russia.

That’s not illegal. What point are you trying to prove and what does this have to do with the topic at hand? You just barfed up a bunch of tired right wing talking points Ray. That’s not going to work here

“Did the FBI present opposition research obtained by a foreign ex-agent who got his information from the Russian government to a FISA judge, yes or no?”

That’s not illegal. What point are you trying to prove and what does this have to do with the topic at hand? You just barfed up a bunch of tired right wing talking points Ray. That’s not going to work here

The point was simply this: The FBI was weaponized against Trump. DumBama and his minions used every available government resource to defeat a political enemy. They used the FBI, the DOJ, the FISA courts. Prior to that, they used the IRS to deny tax breaks to conservative groups.

Let me ask: what if Republicans did the same thing to Democrats?

The point was simply this: The FBI was weaponized against Trump. DumBama and his minions used every available government resource to defeat a political enemy. They used the FBI, the DOJ, the FISA courts. Prior to that, they used the IRS to deny tax breaks to conservative groups.

The Republicans did do similar stuff. The Benghazi investigation lasted how many years? It was politicized to holy high hell. And the FBI literally came out with damning public statements about an email server investigation that killed the Democratic nominees presidential campaign. Just think about that for a second. Your talking points pale in comparison. And the fact that the FBI came out in a damaging way against Clinton and not Trump even though they were investigating him debunks your deep state anti trump agenda conspiracy.

The Republicans did do similar stuff. The Benghazi investigation lasted how many years? It was politicized to holy high hell. And the FBI literally came out with damning public statements about an email server investigation that killed the Democratic nominees presidential campaign. Just think about that for a second. Your talking points pale in comparison. And the fact that the FBI came out in a damaging way against Clinton and not Trump even though they were investigating him debunks your deep state anti trump agenda conspiracy.

The only reason Hillary isn't behind bars is because of Comey. You know, telling an AG how to do her job? She should have never even been allowed to run for President.

There was actually evidence that something was wrong with Benghazi. Nobody was sent to help those people out. The Ambassador requested more security which he never got. Several people died a torturous death. Yeah, I would say that warrants an investigation.

And what have we got with Trump? He made a joke about Russia having her emails in a debate. That was it.

The only reason Hillary isn't behind bars is because of Comey. You know, telling an AG how to do her job? She should have never even been allowed to run for President.

There was actually evidence that something was wrong with Benghazi. Nobody was sent to help those people out. The Ambassador requested more security which he never got. Several people died a torturous death. Yeah, I would say that warrants an investigation.

And what have we got with Trump? He made a joke about Russia having her emails in a debate. That was it.
Now you are dismissing everything I just said and going to the lock her up argument, something Trump ran on and then did nothing about once he took control. It was a Con and you fell for it. What a joke. I can’t argue with stupidity. Grow up Ray.

Now you are dismissing everything I just said and going to the lock her up argument, something Trump ran on and then did nothing about once he took control. It was a Con and you fell for it. What a joke. I can’t argue with stupidity. Grow up Ray.

I said nothing about what Trump claimed. Hillary broke several laws and the AG by Comey's orders did nothing. She didn't even recuse herself after her private meeting with Bill Clinton. Imagine if a Republican did the same types of things and got away with it.

I said nothing about what Trump claimed. Hillary broke several laws and the AG by Comey's orders did nothing. She didn't even recuse herself after her private meeting with Bill Clinton. Imagine if a Republican did the same types of things and got away with it.
You are playing off Trumps talking points that have been parroted by conservative media. You didn’t conduct the investigation, you ha met seen the intelligence, you are ignorant to the facts. But you believe a con man and his media puppets. I’m not that gullible, sorry

He is dismissing everything you said because you are a hack and nothing more.

View attachment 247558

Perhaps it's time to rid ourselves of a few government funded programs. Programs such as Affirmative Action and other things meant to supposedly make reparations to specific minority groups are pretty vague in my humble opinion. The blacks site that it's reparations for slavery and things that happened to violate their civil rights since that time. However today is not then and since then there have been a large number of new immigrants who have no justification to claim such reparations just because they happen to be from Africa and elsewhere.

In what way do the American people owe "reparations" or Affirmative Action to people who immigrated here after the Civil War, much less after the Civil Rights Acts of the 50's and 60's, just because a person has dark skin?

If these programs are meant as reparations and such then the person applying for said programs should have to prove that their families were citizens of the United States during those times.

Additionally if there are immigrants who have used these programs then they should be required to return said money to the United States with interest.

*****SMILE*****

:)

I said in another post, that since it was Democrats who owned slave, Democrats that fought to keep them slave, and Democrats after slavery was abolished, terrorized the ex-slaves, that it should be every Democrat Voter who should be taxed $1000 a year to pay for the reparations to those who were descendants were slave, but also the descendants of the white soldiers that fought to free the slaves. If that doesnt get the fucking moronic Democrats to shut up about reparations I dont know what would.

He is dismissing everything you said because you are a hack and nothing more.
If I’m a hack then it would be easy to beat my arguments with facts and logic. Those who avoid, dismiss, distract and insult just show they got nothing. Thanks for playing though.

You are playing off Trumps talking points that have been parroted by conservative media. You didn’t conduct the investigation, you ha met seen the intelligence, you are ignorant to the facts. But you believe a con man and his media puppets. I’m not that gullible, sorry

You have no idea if I'm playing off anything. You are just making assumptions.

What I seen was a disgrace of a country during the DumBama/ Hillary scandals. Trump wasn't even running at the time. Then I compare it to things like this sham investigation that's been going on for over two years, and it's a night and day difference.

It's just like the Scooter Libby case. All this talk about how he put this agent at risk, all this talk about how people like him are traitors and should be imprisoned for life. When they found out that Libby had nothing to do with it, they still convicted him on other charges that took place during the investigation just like what's happening now.

The guy who did leak the info on Plame? Nothing happened to him. He didn't even pay a ticket because Armitage was liked by people in both parties.

Why would they hound and try to convict somebody of a crime if it was such a terrible thing, and not even question the other when he was the real leaker?

It's not about criminal acts, it's about torturing and removing political foes.

Here's your reparations and this is what all candidates (other than Castor) have proposed

What we SHOULD be doing is making sure that

A. Voting rights are sacrosanct.

B.Education is funded properly

C/ Low interest/no interest loans and grants are available for start up businesses

And those things should be done across the board. Not based on race but they MUST be done.

And sadly Republicans are either actively against those things or simply not interested.

Do that and "reparations" have been addressed and everyone is better off.

What I seen was a disgrace of a country during the DumBama/ Hillary scandals. Trump wasn't even running at the time. Then I compare it to things like this sham investigation that's been going on for over two years, and it's a night and day difference.

It's just like the Scooter Libby case. All this talk about how he put this agent at risk, all this talk about how people like him are traitors and should be imprisoned for life. When they found out that Libby had nothing to do with it, they still convicted him on other charges that took place during the investigation just like what's happening now.

The guy who did leak the info on Plame? Nothing happened to him. He didn't even pay a ticket because Armitage was liked by people in both parties.

Why would they hound and try to convict somebody of a crime if it was such a terrible thing, and not even question the other when he was the real leaker?

Yes I understand that’s the narrative that they are spoon feeding you. You are being gullible for falling for it. You can do better than that Ray. You simply don’t have the intel to know what you claim to know. So stop pretending

Yes I understand that’s the narrative that they are spoon feeding you. You are being gullible for falling for it. You can do better than that Ray. You simply don’t have the intel to know what you claim to know. So stop pretending

I have the same intel as everybody else, and therefore like everybody else, am entitled to an opinion.

I have the same intel as everybody else, and therefore like everybody else, am entitled to an opinion.
Fair statement, as long as it is acknowledged that you don’t have all the intel and what you state is opinion. I find it curious that you take the same opinion as the partisan conservative media and not what our intelligence agencies ( those who have seen the intel) have stated and determined. It gets even sillier when Trumps own appointed directors make statements that contradict your narrative. But if you still feel like your following informed logic then fine, you just look like a partisan puppet from my eyes.

View attachment 247558

Perhaps it's time to rid ourselves of a few government funded programs. Programs such as Affirmative Action and other things meant to supposedly make reparations to specific minority groups are pretty vague in my humble opinion. The blacks site that it's reparations for slavery and things that happened to violate their civil rights since that time. However today is not then and since then there have been a large number of new immigrants who have no justification to claim such reparations just because they happen to be from Africa and elsewhere.

In what way do the American people owe "reparations" or Affirmative Action to people who immigrated here after the Civil War, much less after the Civil Rights Acts of the 50's and 60's, just because a person has dark skin?

If these programs are meant as reparations and such then the person applying for said programs should have to prove that their families were citizens of the United States during those times.

Additionally if there are immigrants who have used these programs then they should be required to return said money to the United States with interest.

*****SMILE*****

:)

Actually when you factor in the mass immigration waves after the Civil War few people today are descended from pre-Civil War slave owning people, and throw in black slave owners and dealers as common among freedmen as well. they got their 'reparations' during 'Reconstruction'; those that missed out merely need to get it back from the black politicians who sold it off before they got their share. Al Sharpton and Maxine Waters hold some of it now.

Krazy Kamala Harris, who said in an interview she would support reparations for African-Americans, explained: “We had over 200 years of slavery. We had almost a century of Jim Crow. We had legal discrimination and segregation, now we have de facto discrimination and segregation... (cont.)

“We have to acknowledge that. And we have to all acknowledge that people have not started out on the same base and people have not had equal access to success and we need to deal with that and we need to adjust for that and course correct for that. That’s what I’m in favor of.”

Kamala Harris is a descendant of slave owners; she can start giving her share away right away.

Bet she doesn't give up a dime.

Forum List

Back