Report: Bergdahl To Be Charged With Desertion

Edgetho

Platinum Member
Mar 27, 2012
Why so long?

Politics? :dunno::rofl:

BREAKING: Bowe Bergdahl Says He Will Be Charged With Desertion…"
531637110-550x366.jpg

There should be no doubt whatsoever Obama knew Bergdahl deserted when he agreed to swap him for five senior Taliban commanders.

Via WaPo:

Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl, the U.S. soldier who was recovered in Afghanistan last spring after five years in captivity, faces charges of desertion and misbehavior before the enemy, according to his lawyer.

Eugene Fidell, Bergdahl’s attorney, told The Washington Post that his client was handed a charge sheet on Tuesday. Army officials announced they will provide an update in his case at 3:30 p.m. at Fort Bragg, N.C., but declined to discuss new developments ahead of the news conference.

Bergdahl, 28, went missing from his base in Paktika province on June 30, 2009, and is believed to have grown disillusioned with the U.S. military’s mission in Afghanistan. He was held captive in Pakistan by the Haqqani network, an insurgent group allied with the Taliban, until a deal brokered through the government of Qatar was reached last year.

It gives me hope that at least one American Institution hasn't been corrupted by the most corrupt political party in the History of all Mankind.

Took some balls for the Army Generals to stand and be counted.

the Lying Cocksucker in Chief WILL have his revenge. Count on it.

Just ask Senator Menendez

That Obama released 5 high ranking Taliban for this guy is a friggin nightmare. This was another instance that Obama bypassed Congress and rushed to do a deal with the enemy.

Obama is a walking foreign affairs disaster.

Obama should be charged with treason for negotiating with terrorist for a known deserter. They knew way before now he was a deserter ..

Isn't the idea supposed to be that we never leave behind a military member? Even if he is going to face criminal charges - it's done under our system.

Where do you get that idea from? Marvel or DC Comics?

We left behind hundreds of defectors and deserters in the Korean and Viet Nam Wars.

A deserter is, by definition, no longer part of the group

Another monster screwup by the idiot in our white house. This should be the lead story on the evening news but i bet it won't even be mentioned.

Isn't the idea supposed to be that we never leave behind a military member? Even if he is going to face criminal charges - it's done under our system.

Where do you get that idea from? Marvel or DC Comics?

We left behind hundreds of defectors and deserters in the Korean and Viet Nam Wars.

A deserter is, by definition, no longer part of the group

Do you leave behind prisoners of war? Isn't that what he was considered even though he eventually faces desertion charges?

Obama should be charged with treason for negotiating with terrorist for a known deserter. They knew way before now he was a deserter ..

I doubt they knew. If they had, they would have realized this story would blow up in their face. Obozo is a moron and he didn't do his homework on this guy.

Another monster screwup by the idiot in our white house. This should be the lead story on the evening news but i bet it won't even be mentioned.

It will get mentioned..... Then summarily forgotten

I doubt they knew. If they had, they would have realized this story would blow up in their face. Obozo is a moron and he didn't do his homework on this guy.

Seems like they lie a lot and aren't truthful about a lot of issues. Obama and friends seem to be dishonest people.

Absolutely not.Hundreds of deserters of WWII, Korea,Vietnam were left behind. There was a book, I can't remember the name, of a colony of American and British deserters in Paris after WWII that thrived for years. There are still deserters in North Korea and Vietnam. We don't bring deserters home unless it's to convict.

Do you leave behind prisoners of war? Isn't that what he was considered even though he eventually faces desertion charges?

You're quibbling.... Everybody knew he deserted. The Liar in Chief gave away the store to get him back NOT because he wanted him back, but because he wants to empty Gitmo.

That would be like trading Erwin Rommel, Alfred Jodl, Heinrich Himmler and von Rundstedt for Eddie Slovik.

Forum List

Back