Report: Bergdahl To Be Charged With Desertion

If he deserted, he'll face the charges and be convicted. I don't much care one way or the other. I assumed we always did what we could to get a military member imprisoned out first - and then if he's guilty of something, charge him.

Perhaps, but there is a risk/reward scenario to everything in this life.

If an heroic General were captured and being tortured by some bad guys, we might send in Delta Force even if there's less than a 50% chance of all their survival.

For a scumbag like Bergdahl? I'd offer them a Happy Meal and a Goat.

Maybe not even the Goat, they'd just sexually abuse it anyway

Ya, but how would you know for sure he was a deserter until you charged and tried him?

Obama should have done like we did in Nam.....Leave him there with his new friends instead of inviting him to the White House and shaking his hand.

Isn't the idea supposed to be that we never leave behind a military member? Even if he is going to face criminal charges - it's done under our system.

Where do you get that idea from? Marvel or DC Comics?

We left behind hundreds of defectors and deserters in the Korean and Viet Nam Wars.

A deserter is, by definition, no longer part of the group

Do you leave behind prisoners of war? Isn't that what he was considered even though he eventually faces desertion charges?
He deserted to the enemy. WHich part of that do you not get?

Isn't the idea supposed to be that we never leave behind a military member? Even if he is going to face criminal charges - it's done under our system.

Where do you get that idea from? Marvel or DC Comics?

We left behind hundreds of defectors and deserters in the Korean and Viet Nam Wars.

A deserter is, by definition, no longer part of the group

Do you leave behind prisoners of war? Isn't that what he was considered even though he eventually faces desertion charges?
He deserted to the enemy. WHich part of that do you not get?

See my above post.

This is some ditzy kid who made a terrible mistake which cost the lives of his fellow soldiers. There isn't much doubt about that.

He should be charged and likely convicted, getting time served in Afghanistan.

The real idiot here is Obama who made an obscenely stupid deal in letting 5 very dangerous men go to fight again in a matter of months. This is the same man who is entrusted to make a deal with Iran.

slam dunk :)

If he deserted, he'll face the charges and be convicted. I don't much care one way or the other. I assumed we always did what we could to get a military member imprisoned out first - and then if he's guilty of something, charge him.

If an heroic General were captured and being tortured by some bad guys, we might send in Delta Force even if there's less than a 50% chance of all their survival.

Ya, but how would you know for sure he was a deserter until you charged and tried him?
The overwhelming evidence at tje the time was he deserted. Policy isnt decided on the same criteria as criminal law cases.

Given the effectiveness of our intelligence apparatus, I think they already knew before they attempted to get him back.
They had virtually all the evidence they needed. The only thing they didnt have was Bergdahl's own account of what happened. And Im not certain they didnt have that either.

How do you know that until he's charged and tried?

Domestic_goat_kid_in_capeweed.jpg

So.....this President has been revealed....again.....as the exactly what the Right has been telling his supporters for over six years: incompetent, incorrect, a tireless blunderer.

He gave six Taliban leaders a get-out-of-jail free' card.....and America got a deserter whose malfeasance cost the lives of at least six patriotic warriors.

Even though his White House pressured the Pentagon not to do so......

"Bowe Bergdahl Charged With Desertion,...

President Obama called it a "good day" when Bergdahl was freed, but critics, including some high-ranking Republicans, loudly denounced the deal, likening it to negotiating with terrorists. Also, lawmakers complained that Congress had not been consulted about the exchange, as they said the law requires.

After Bergdahl's dramatic return to the U.S., the Army launched an investigation into whether the soldier willfully left his post in Afghanistan before he was taken by the Taliban in 2009, as some Afghan war veterans alleged.

That investigation was concluded last October and was forwarded to senior Army leaders at the Pentagon who then designated Army Forces Command to determine whether he should face punishment. The Army is expected to formally announce Bergdahl's fate later today."
Bowe Bergdahl Charged With Desertion Lawyer Says - ABC News

Was this a stupid and illegal move by the President......

....or one more piece of evidence of a pro-Islamist administration?

You know.

And know this: the mills of the gods grind slowly...but they grind exceedingly fine.

The overwhelming evidence at tje the time was he deserted. Policy isnt decided on the same criteria as criminal law cases.

there hasn't been any evidence yet because there hasn't been a trial yet.

either way, he shouldn't have been left for the scum to kill.

And misbehavior with the enemy. Does that mean traitorous behavior leading to danger to our soldiers from what he gave the enemy?

I'm surprised they are close to an announcement.
It looked like they were sitting on this waiting for Obama to leave office.

I wonder if the WH will backtrack on this guy serving with "honor and distinction" line.

I would love to see Susan Rice address reporters questions now regarding this admin 'hero'.

It's not like he's going to escape trial for what he's done if he's a deserter, and if so - it should be done by our military.

Forum List

Back