Report: Bergdahl To Be Charged With Desertion

Do you leave behind prisoners of war? Isn't that what he was considered even though he eventually faces desertion charges?

You're quibbling.... Everybody knew he deserted. The Liar in Chief gave away the store to get him back NOT because he wanted him back, but because he wants to empty Gitmo.

That would be like trading Erwin Rommel, Alfred Jodl, Heinrich Himmler and von Rundstedt for Eddie Slovik.

I'm not arguing he did nor did not desert.

I'm not arguing he did nor did not desert.

what_is_facepalm_50ff9ebd25187.jpg

Why so long?

Politics? :dunno::rofl:

BREAKING: Bowe Bergdahl Says He Will Be Charged With Desertion…"
531637110-550x366.jpg

There should be no doubt whatsoever Obama knew Bergdahl deserted when he agreed to swap him for five senior Taliban commanders.

Via WaPo:

Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl, the U.S. soldier who was recovered in Afghanistan last spring after five years in captivity, faces charges of desertion and misbehavior before the enemy, according to his lawyer.

Eugene Fidell, Bergdahl’s attorney, told The Washington Post that his client was handed a charge sheet on Tuesday. Army officials announced they will provide an update in his case at 3:30 p.m. at Fort Bragg, N.C., but declined to discuss new developments ahead of the news conference.

Bergdahl, 28, went missing from his base in Paktika province on June 30, 2009, and is believed to have grown disillusioned with the U.S. military’s mission in Afghanistan. He was held captive in Pakistan by the Haqqani network, an insurgent group allied with the Taliban, until a deal brokered through the government of Qatar was reached last year.

LOL! CLEARER CASE OF TREASON HAS NEVER BEEN COMMITTED. POOR BENEDICT ARNOLD IS SPINNING IN HIS GRAVE!

Military to charge Bergdahl with desertion - CNN.com
Washington (CNN)Military officials are set to charge Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl with desertion and misbehavior before the enemy for leaving his post in Afghanistan before being captured and held captive for five years, according to Bergdahl's attorney and a congressional source.

Hey, Obama - can we have our terrorists back?

The Right was complaining just as much before, when he wasn't charged. Can't say I'm surprised.

Washington (CNN)Military officials are set to charge Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl with desertion and misbehavior before the enemy for leaving his post in Afghanistan before being captured and held captive for five years, according to Bergdahl's attorney and a congressional source.

Good stuff. Pussy went AWOL and got caught by the enemy.

If he deserted, he'll face the charges and be convicted. I don't much care one way or the other. I assumed we always did what we could to get a military member imprisoned out first - and then if he's guilty of something, charge him.

Perhaps, but there is a risk/reward scenario to everything in this life.

If an heroic General were captured and being tortured by some bad guys, we might send in Delta Force even if there's less than a 50% chance of all their survival.

For a scumbag like Bergdahl? I'd offer them a Happy Meal and a Goat.

Maybe not even the Goat, they'd just sexually abuse it anyway

Good stuff. Pussy went AWOL and got caught by the enemy.
He didn't get caught. He found the group he intended to join.

This is some ditzy kid who made a terrible mistake which cost the lives of his fellow soldiers. There isn't much doubt about that.

He should be charged and likely convicted, getting time served in Afghanistan.

The real idiot here is Obama who made an obscenely stupid deal in letting 5 very dangerous men go to fight again in a matter of months. This is the same man who is entrusted to make a deal with Iran.

Forum List

Back