Single women
Blacks
Gays
Teachers
Hispanics
Asians
Non-Christians
Union workers

Is there anyone the Republicans haven't driven off?

the dramatics with the lies are something to behold..

You only have to look at the percentages of these demographics who vote Republican to see that the party is doomed

Luckily, they still have you in their corner

All stories on the Republicans’ “youth vote” troubles mention that Reagan handily won young voters in 1984. Though back then, the youth vote was people (mostly white people) born in the 1950s and early 1960s, whose only adult experience with a Democratic president was Jimmy Carter. (Our current young people are much more likely to remember the relative prosperity of the Clinton years, and, more important, everything about the Bush years.) 1984 and 1988 were the only election cycles since the voting age was lowered to 18 that Republicans won young voters. The GOP has been on a steady decline with voters under 30 since 1988. Not coincidentally, voters under 30 are much more likely to be non-white now than in 1984 or 1988.

It is a bit interesting that these calls for change in how the party presents itself are coming from the College Republicans, traditionally one of the party’s most proudly assholish wings. College Republicans across the country think a great way to get people excited for Republicans is by holding “affirmative action bake sales.” College Republicans bred Lee Atwater and Karl Rove.

College Republicans? plan for GOP rebranding: Seem tolerant! - Salon.com

Who did young people vote for in 2010?

Midterms don't count.

LOL

Seriously?

Yeah. Seriously. Let's review, shall we?

1982- Democrats made serious gains in the HOuse. Oh. Wait. Reagan was still President. He invaded Grenada, did whatever the fuck he wanted in Nicaragua, and still got his tax cuts for rich people. Oh. And he got re-elected in 1984 with 49 states.

OOOOKAY.

1994- Republicans made serious gains in the House and Senate. Oh. Wait. Clinton was still president. Republicans tried to shut down the government and had to cave. Oh, yeah. And he got re-elected.

OOOOOkay.

2006. Democrats retook both houses of Congress, because people were pissed about the War in Iraq. Oh. Wait. Bush was still President. (Or at least Cheney told him he was.) He didn't end the war in Iraq, he fucking ESCALATED it.

Sorry, man. Midterms don't count as much as you want to think they do.

Well, the GOP has lost all the young women, and they vote more than the young men, so that's that, turn out the lights, the party's over.

So the GOP runs presidential candidates that commit multiple sex crimes, that want to abolish abortion, that want to stop birth control like it's 1929 (!!!), senatorial candidates plural that think rape is pretty cool, and GOP legislators that fantasize forcing women to undergo sexual manipulation with special invasive intravaginal sonogram devices that they hope will torture them into not having abortions after all. Boy, I'll bet that really turns on those GOP state legislators.

All this is as sexually creepy as anything I've ever seen in politics in my entire life, and that even includes Bill Clinton. The GOP HATES women.

And then they are surprised they've lost young women voters?? Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh.

The GOP is a party of sexual abusers. No woman of any age should have anything to do with them, IMO. I was a lifelong Republican till 2006, but I had to give them up entirely. I'm waiting for Libertarians or someone sane to come along, until then I've decided democracy is just indecent. R-rated.

Well, we used to have Republicans in Oregon that created many good things and were respected across the political spectrum. People like Governor McCall. Some of the recent GOP candidates for governor here are now serving time for fraud and tax evasion. We need a respected opposition party. The present GOP is not that at all.

They have a major problem & its doing the bidding of the koch's & adelsons of the world. Welfare for the already wealthy.

The first step in fixing a problem is admitting that you have one.

And most of the Republicans that are left will admit that they have not been conservative enough, that they haven't excluded enough people yet. They think that by showing their hatred toward everyone that disagrees with them, that is the way to draw in more supporters to their cause. Of course, there are some intelligent Republicans out there who have seen the writing on the wall and understand how that attitude has destroyed the Republican Party, but most aren't listening to these smart Republicans. That is why come 2016, Chris Christie won't be a serious threat for the nomination. Republicans will nominate some right wing ultra-conservative who will see Hillary win in a landslide.

Conservatism doesnt exclude people. It invites people of all demographics to join in the cause of liberty.

Progressives are the ones who break people into groups and try to divide them. We conservatives invite people to embrace the cause of liberty as individuals not groups.

Hillary Clinton will never be President.

The cause of liberty? Please. Giving a very broad generalization here, there are three types of people today. There are those who want as little government as possible, unless of course it has to do with one or their moral issues. Then there are those who are looking for a free ride, although this is a very small group. Last of all, there are those who are not for or against government, but what they want is government that works. Being for as little government as possible does not sell here, and it is the reason Republicans are losing the war. It used to be that Republicans understood that government was necessary, but they wanted it to be somewhat limited yet effective. Today's Republican Party just wants it limited, period. And that is the reason Hillary will be the next POTUS.

Don't know that I agree with that, auditor007, if Christie addresses that very point and touts his experience and success with harnessing government effectively.

All stories on the Republicans’ “youth vote” troubles mention that Reagan handily won young voters in 1984. Though back then, the youth vote was people (mostly white people) born in the 1950s and early 1960s, whose only adult experience with a Democratic president was Jimmy Carter. (Our current young people are much more likely to remember the relative prosperity of the Clinton years, and, more important, everything about the Bush years.) 1984 and 1988 were the only election cycles since the voting age was lowered to 18 that Republicans won young voters. The GOP has been on a steady decline with voters under 30 since 1988. Not coincidentally, voters under 30 are much more likely to be non-white now than in 1984 or 1988.

It is a bit interesting that these calls for change in how the party presents itself are coming from the College Republicans, traditionally one of the party’s most proudly assholish wings. College Republicans across the country think a great way to get people excited for Republicans is by holding “affirmative action bake sales.” College Republicans bred Lee Atwater and Karl Rove.

Doesn't salon have some racist emails to dig up and post about, or something on Beck?..

they think this plan is tolerant....lol

Doesn't salon have some racist emails to dig up and post about, or something on Beck?..

I don't want the GOP to listen. I want them to stick with people like you. Believe me most Dems want this. One party system if the other party is the Tea Party I say.

I don't want the GOP to listen. I want them to stick with people like you. Believe me most Dems want this. One party system if the other party is the Tea Party I say.

lol, whatever
believe you the Dems want this..grow up

Last edited:

lol, whatever

No, do not believe me. Just keep letting Rush tell you that you are gaining more and more everyday. Same with FOX "paid Lairs". Just like you sat in your favorite chair on November 6th with the champagne and party hat. The result will be the same.

lol, whatever

No, do not believe me. Just keep letting Rush tell you that you are gaining more and more everyday. Same with FOX "paid Lairs". Just like you sat in your favorite chair on November 6th with the champagne and party hat. The result will be the same.

LOL, I don't listen Rush, so you need some new talking points
grow up and quit being a parrot

lol, whatever

That's what they all say:eusa_hand:

That's what they all say:eusa_hand:

You're right. "Keep listening to Rush" IS what they all say, and yet doofuses like you continue to parrot it, erroneously believing it's brilliant and incisive.

Forum List

Back