Report: DOJ Readies Assange Prosecution

They just broke the news he is indicted.
indicted for what?

For exposing secret U.S. information. He published previously cables that gave the names of undercover operatives and their locations putting their lives in danger.
He didn't "expose" it. Someone else did. All he did is make it easily accessible on the internet. Furthermore, he's not an American, and he's not in America, so how is he subject to U.S. espionage laws?

He exposed it by making it public. It is no different than if a U.S. news outlet got secret information that would put American lives in danger, and they print it without asking the U.S. government first if they can print it. You need to learn the laws.

indicted for what?

For exposing secret U.S. information. He published previously cables that gave the names of undercover operatives and their locations putting their lives in danger.
He didn't "expose" it. Someone else did. All he did is make it easily accessible on the internet. Furthermore, he's not an American, and he's not in America, so how is he subject to U.S. espionage laws?

He exposed it by making it public. It is no different than if a U.S. news outlet got secret information that would put American lives in danger, and they print it without asking the U.S. government first if they can print it. You need to learn the laws.
To the best of my knowledge, that isn't against the law. Furthermore, Assange isn't an American. If some guy in Japan published classified American documents that someone gave him, has he committed a crime? I don't think so.

Unwitting agent would not put up the denials Assange has.
No matter what they do or say, it always proves they are guilty of whatever the snowflakes accuse them of.

Ok maybe YOU can explain why Assange would vehemently deny that it was Russians if he was simply unwitting.
DId you miss the part where I said it was probable that he WAS a Russian asset?

....WTF? ADD kicking in again?

The question is not whether he was an asset for Russians (he absolutely was). The question is if he was a witting or unwitting asset to Russians.
The term "asset" is meaningless in this context. There's no crime of "being an asset" listed in the criminal code.

Dumbass the consequence is that if Assange was a witting agent he participated in a WIRE FRAUD CONSPIRACY.

Link?

They just announced it on MSNBC through a Washington Post report.

And the charges are?

I've already said in this thread. He exposed secret information that put American lives in danger.
Which isn't a crime unless you stole the documents yourself from the U.S. Government. That isn't what happened here.

No matter what they do or say, it always proves they are guilty of whatever the snowflakes accuse them of.

Ok maybe YOU can explain why Assange would vehemently deny that it was Russians if he was simply unwitting.

The question is not whether he was an asset for Russians (he absolutely was). The question is if he was a witting or unwitting asset to Russians.
The term "asset" is meaningless in this context. There's no crime of "being an asset" listed in the criminal code.

Dumbass the consequence is that if Assange was a witting agent he participated in a WIRE FRAUD CONSPIRACY.
ROFL. Anytime you make a phone call they accuse you of wire fraud. It's a meaningless charge.

What was he a "witting agent" of, publishing a document that someone gave to him? That isn't a crime, the last time I checked.

indicted for what?

To the best of my knowledge, that isn't against the law. Furthermore, Assange isn't an American. If some guy in Japan published classified American documents that someone gave him, has he committed a crime? I don't think so.

...but you don't know shit, so why would it matter?

Link?

And the charges are?

I've already said in this thread. He exposed secret information that put American lives in danger.

So did the clinton bitch, don't see her being prosecuted. But the Supreme Court has ruled information has no value, so possessing it or releasing it, just like the US media did, is not a crime. They would have to prove Assange actually stole it, I don't think they can do that.

indicted for what?

...but you don't know shit, so why would it matter?
ROFL! I'll take that as a concession.

ROFL. Anytime you make a phone call they accuse you of wire fraud. It's a meaningless charge.

...just wow. Ignorance through the roof.

Seriously, just stop.

When considering all factors, prosecutors may ask judges to impose terms well in excess of 30 years for fraud offenses.

What is the Prison Sentence for Wire Fraud? - Federal Prison Consultant

indicted for what?

To the best of YOUR knowledge? :abgg2q.jpg::abgg2q.jpg::abgg2q.jpg::abgg2q.jpg:

Now that is a hoot!

Yes, it is illegal.

Can Journalists Go To Jail For Printing Classified Information? - America's Future Foundation

Link?

And the charges are?

Which isn't a crime unless you stole the documents yourself from the U.S. Government. That isn't what happened here.

Wrong. You need to stick to what you are good at, and that most certainly isn't anything involving law.

...just wow. Ignorance through the roof.

Seriously, just stop.

When considering all factors, prosecutors may ask judges to impose terms well in excess of 30 years for fraud offenses.

What is the Prison Sentence for Wire Fraud? - Federal Prison Consultant
Why would I stop pointing out your stupid and wrong claims? What does fraud have to do with anything Assange did? Who did he defraud?

indicted for what?

Now that is a hoot!

Yes, it is illegal.

Can Journalists Go To Jail For Printing Classified Information? - America's Future Foundation
That's about revealing sources, not classified information, you fucking dumbass.

And the charges are?

Wrong. You need to stick to what you are good at, and that most certainly isn't anything involving law.
Apparently I missed the post where you proved you are right.

The case against Assange was built by Obama's corrupt DOJ, no?

This should be ..interesting.

DOJ did a lot of bad stuff during the Obama years.

Not sure if necessary gvt agency or not.
Well i guess the corrupt Trump DOJ decided to pursue it?? :rolleyes:

Fair enough point. :)

The common theme seems to be corrupt DOJ. I'd like that addressed.

I guess all the US media outlets that published them would be guilty of the same, when should we expect to see their indictments?

Now that is a hoot!

Yes, it is illegal.

That's about revealing sources, not classified information, you fucking dumbass.

It involves printing classified information... you need to read the whole fucking thing genius.

Now that is a hoot!

Yes, it is illegal.

It involves printing classified information... you need to read the whole fucking thing genius.
Yes, the reporter refused to give up the name of the person who printed classified information. That person probably violated the Espionage Act, but the reporter didn't.

Forum List

Back