Report: Lois Lerner's Hard Drive Has Been "Thrown Away"

Yes. No doubt.

A company of size will ALWAYS back up a hard drive before cleaning it.

For a multitude of reasons....from IP law to HRIS law...not to mention personal law suits.

We archived all data on every hard drive with every employee....for protection.

Sallow is taking the "cooked spaghetti" approach to explaining the whole email situation. he flings all the excuses up against the wall, and tries to see what sticks.

No excuses here, matey.

I am well acquainted with this as this is the field I work in.

You guys seem to have movie fantasies about IT.

Like we got Holo GUIs that pop up that you can manipulate with your hands. Or servers have pulsating cool blue LEDs and look like space ships.

In real life?

It's much different.

No, we expect a government agency to back up all files and emails that fall under its domain. We backup to a disk/tape every 2 weeks, and none of those get destroyed.

I back up my email quarterly to the server, as per company policy. The IRS doesn't have a policy to do the same?

Sallow is taking the "cooked spaghetti" approach to explaining the whole email situation. he flings all the excuses up against the wall, and tries to see what sticks.

No excuses here, matey.

Like we got Holo GUIs that pop up that you can manipulate with your hands. Or servers have pulsating cool blue LEDs and look like space ships.

In real life?

It's much different.

No, we expect a government agency to back up all files and emails that fall under its domain. We backup to a disk/tape every 2 weeks, and none of those get destroyed.

I back up my email quarterly to the server, as per company policy. The IRS doesn't have a policy to do the same?
Fact is? Government agencies are REQUIRED to back up, and many of the backups are stored offsite.

Yes. No doubt.

For a multitude of reasons....from IP law to HRIS law...not to mention personal law suits.

We archived all data on every hard drive with every employee....for protection.

No excuses here, matey.

In real life?

It's much different.

Funny thing.....I don't think servers have pulsating blue lights...never even implied it does. You seem to need to claim I did....but I didn't.

I know what a server is...what it looks like....how much it costs.....and most important....WHAT IT DOES.

How does it do it? I have not a clue.

But what it does?

I needed to know. I had to have some incorporated into my business.

And one of the benefits of a server (ONE OF MANY)?

YOU NEVER HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT A PC CRASHING AND LOSING ALL OF THE DATA.......unless it was data complied offline....

AND EMAILS ARE NOT OFFLINE

Anyone in the IT world knows that e-mails are not stored on a hard drive alone. How stupid. I think this is a GOP witch hunt, but technically there has got to be copes of her e-mail out there.

Sallow....still wont address my questions about the servers.

All you did was imply that people think servers have cool lights

But wont show me how much you know about servers.

Wont answer my question.

Childish.

No excuses here, matey.

In real life?

It's much different.

Funny thing.....I don't think servers have pulsating blue lights...never even implied it does. You seem to need to claim I did....but I didn't.

I know what a server is...what it looks like....how much it costs.....and most important....WHAT IT DOES.

How does it do it? I have not a clue.

But what it does?

I needed to know. I had to have some incorporated into my business.

And one of the benefits of a server (ONE OF MANY)?

YOU NEVER HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT A PC CRASHING AND LOSING ALL OF THE DATA.......unless it was data complied offline....

AND EMAILS ARE NOT OFFLINE
"Pulsating COOL Blue LED's":lol:

I think he saw those on the latest drug trip...Sallow is LYING.

Anyone in the IT world knows that e-mails are not stored on a hard drive alone. How stupid. I think this is a GOP witch hunt, but technically there has got to be copes of her e-mail out there.

Unless someone has been systemically deleting any incriminating emails, which is the point of all this.

Unless someone has been systemically deleting any incriminating emails, which is the point of all this.

Whether or not there have been felonies committed...and I believe there are a plethora of them...and this does lead directly to the Whitehouse which the IRS is trying to protect...and why Lerner pleaded the 5th.

outgoing server
incoming server
network server

There are at least 2 servers it is saved on for outgoing and incoming

Now...you say it is a GOP witch hunt....

So I must ask....

If the emails for Lois Lerner were missing for 2 of the most pertinent years......how was the inspector appointed by the President able to determine that no laws were broken in a matter of a few days?

Now, recall.....Lerner was the subject of the investigation....and 2009-2011 were 2 of the 3years being investigated...

Why were the findings..."no criminal activity; no charges will be brought" as opposed to "incomplete findings due to missing data"?

I think you, Jarhead, and a few others are catching Sallow in another LIE.

Ah yes.

Tommy the gubmint IT expert who knows nothing about IT.

:lol:

ahhh...but you still wont answer the question about servers.

You simply responded by asking a question..."then why did they ask for her lap top"

So save some face here....

Do you truly believe that the IRS does not work off a server that saves the data?

I "truly" believe they are over worked and under provisioned.

I've been to some gubmint offices and their IT was something like 20 years out of date.

That was 15 years ago.

Recently, I had to go to a police station because I had some identity theft problem. They had ONE laptop with a sign over it that said "Sign in and Sign out, do not use for more then 20 minutes."

That's a New York Precinct in Brooklyn.

Ah yes.

Tommy the gubmint IT expert who knows nothing about IT.

You simply responded by asking a question..."then why did they ask for her lap top"

Do you truly believe that the IRS does not work off a server that saves the data?

I've been to some gubmint offices and their IT was something like 20 years out of date.

That was 15 years ago.

Recently, I had to go to a police station because I had some identity theft problem. They had ONE laptop with a sign over it that said "Sign in and Sign out, do not use for more then 20 minutes."

lmao...

nice back peddling.

Give it a rest.

That was 15 years ago.

lmao...

nice back peddling.

Give it a rest.
'Dreamworld'.:lol:

outgoing server
incoming server
network server

So I must ask....

If the emails for Lois Lerner were missing for 2 of the most pertinent years......how was the inspector appointed by the President able to determine that no laws were broken in a matter of a few days?

Now, recall.....Lerner was the subject of the investigation....and 2009-2011 were 2 of the 3years being investigated...

Why were the findings..."no criminal activity; no charges will be brought" as opposed to "incomplete findings due to missing data"?

"Network" server?

Really?

There are network devices. Mainly consisting of routers and switches. And they generally don't save anything. You might be thinking of a DNS server..but those are used for lookups.

Mail servers are where emails are stored.

And I am pretty sure, since they got over 64,000 emails, they checked those.

Where do these people get such crazy ideas? And why do they expect any normal person not to bust out laughing upon hearing them?

You know what happens at the megacorp I work for when they replace computers?

They tell you ahead of time to upload any files you want to save to the network drives. And then they take away that old computer and simply wipe the hard drive. Back it up? Why? It's not IT's job to make sure you're documenting your work properly.

You know what happens when someone leaves? Unless circumstances were extraordinary, they just wipe the hard drive. And they don't back it up. Because they're not paranoid kooks imagining nefarious conspiracies.

The conspiracy crowd here is hilariously unaware of how the real world operates. They actually think it's normal policy for IT to save every hopelessly broken hard drive. It was an ex-hard-drive, so of course it was trashed. Hoarding junk is for the mentally ill, not the IT department.

That was 15 years ago.

lmao...

nice back peddling.

Give it a rest.

Back peddling what?

I've actually done jobs for government facilities, like the Suffolk County Health Department.

You?

Where do these people get such crazy ideas? And why do they expect any normal person not to bust out laughing upon hearing them?

You know what happens at the megacorp I work for when they replace computers?

They tell you ahead of time to upload any files you want to save to the network drives. And then they take away that old computer and simply wipe the hard drive. Back it up? Why? It's not IT's job to make sure you're documenting your work properly.

You know what happens when someone leaves? Unless circumstances were extraordinary, they just wipe the hard drive. And they don't back it up. Because they're not paranoid kooks imagining nefarious conspiracies.

The conspiracy crowd here is hilariously unaware of how the real world operates. They actually think it's normal policy for IT to save every hopelessly broken hard drive. It was an ex-hard-drive, so of course it was trashed. Hoarding junk is for the mentally ill, not the IT department.

Which reminds me of a funny story.

I use to wear a suit every day to work.

Then, I got the job of taking down the old PCs from the shelves, wiping the Hard Drives and getting them ready to donate to schools.

They were really dusty and disgusting. I nearly ruined the suit.

I went to my supervisor and let him know, I wasn't wearing any more suits.

:D

outgoing server
incoming server
network server

So I must ask....

"Network" server?

Really?

There are network devices. Mainly consisting of routers and switches. And they generally don't save anything. You might be thinking of a DNS server..but those are used for lookups.

Mail servers are where emails are stored.

And I am pretty sure, since they got over 64,000 emails, they checked those.

yes.

Network server. Now I know you are fucking lying through your teeth.

My company had a network server. All employees saved their data on the server. This was not the incoming or outgoing server, but it, of course communicated with those servers...this was a server for internal company data.

All employees had several applications...and every application was directed to save the data on the server.

As for the 64,000 emails. If you think that is a large number of emails for a 3 year period, then you have never been in IT as you claim.

And like I said earlier...I can give you 600K emails of the over 1 million on my server (which I still have but don't use anymore)....and you would not see a single email between my clients and my employees.

64K emails is nothing.

And congress did not take them. They were given them. Easily could have been cherry picked.

Know your facts.

Have the leftist fanatics explained yet, how six other people's emails from the same period, could have vanished when Lois Lerner's desktop computer crashed?

Forum List

Back