Republica attacks Obama's daughters, calling them "sluts".

Agreed... I didn't agree with this when it was done on the Bush Twins and I don't agree with it now...

Difference here now is that this is a GOP staffer... Not a journalist or pundit who either party can't control...

Also the Bush twins broke the law...
Staffer, journalist, or pundit saying it does not make it any less wrong or offensive as for the Bush girls yes they and a million other 19 year old's broke that same law and I would bet a good number of the people who attacked them for it broke the same law when they were 19. That does not make what they did right but it does put it in a little perspective.

Here's some perspective for you.

My niece got caught drinking at the same age as the bush girls. The difference was that the police arrested my niece. She had to go to court and pled guilty to the charge of drinking under age. She had to do community service for a year and not even be in the company of a person who was drinking or drunk until she was 21 years old. So if she was a designated driver for a drunk friend and got caught, she would have gone to jail. She didn't violate the conditions and when she turned 21 she was in the clear.

I would be willing to bet the same thing didn't happen to the bush girls. In fact, I'm sure it didn't. The fact that they were caught drinking more than once is confirmation of it.

That's one of my problems with what happened. Why is it that they get special treatment and my niece had to go through all that garbage because she got caught drinking under age? If the bush girls had been treated the same way as every other person under 21, I wouldn't have had a problem with it.

When I was 19 Jimmy Carter was president and the drinking age laws had not been changed to 21 years old. By the time reagan changed the laws for all the states by refusing transportation money if they didn't increase the drinking limit, I was already over 21 years old. I wasn't breaking any laws when I drank at the age of 19.

My personal belief on drinking, if a person is old enough to be sent off to sacrifice their life for our nation, they're old enough to drink.
You realize of course that had nothing to do with being the Bush girls father being a Republican if President Obama's kids tied to buy beer while being underage they would not have been arrested either.

Have you proof of that?
Common sense is all that is needed for proof of that children of the rich and powerful both Democrat and Republican always get breaks the rest of us would not.

Carter (Jimmy's Son John) served during the Vietnam War, on the salvage shipUSS Grapple (ARS-7). He received a "less than honorable" general discharge in late 1970 after he and 53 classmates were caught smoking marijuana at the Navy Nuclear Power School in Idaho Falls, Idaho.[1]

Jack Carter politician - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Daddy was going to be President.....

You realize of course that had nothing to do with being the Bush girls father being a Republican if President Obama's kids tied to buy beer while being underage they would not have been arrested either.

But why would sluttettes do that when they have Secret Service flunkies to do that for them?
The SS takes a bullet for them, it doesn't buy them beer.

So the Democrat rule is "no attacks on a politian's kids unless they are true?" Well, Chelsea was genuinely ugly, so why was saying that wrong?
Criticizing a 25 year old presidents daughter for flashing her pussy in public is not the same as calling a 15 year old girl ugly

Don't sweat it big guy. We still called Chelsea ugly when she was 25.
As is your right

And it is my right to criticize the entire Palin family for engaging in drunken brawls
Yep, and a drunk has the right to lay in the gutter and vomit on himself. Both activities deserve equal respect.

What is painfully obvious here is a lot of people have no problem with attacks like these on a politicians children as long as it's a politician they don't like or agree with.

Agreed... I didn't agree with this when it was done on the Bush Twins and I don't agree with it now...

Difference here now is that this is a GOP staffer... Not a journalist or pundit who either party can't control...

Also the Bush twins broke the law...

When the media reported the many crimes of the bush girls and extended family, the gop went nuts. They claimed that children are off limits. That people shouldn't be attacking the bush family. They did the same with the palin family.

Now they're doing what they said shouldn't be done. Or was it they just meant that it shouldn't have been done on republicans?

If they weren't hypocrites they would be saying that what this gop staffer did was wrong. Instead they're either defending it or making excuses for it.

They are the most dishonest and hypocritical people I've ever encountered.
What are the many crimes your referring to? Outside of trying to buy beer while being 19 instead of 21 I don't recall any and Bristol Palins big crime was being a pregnant teen. Yes the right is being hypocritical for doing this to the Obama children but so is the left for claiming outrage over the attacks on the Obama kids while they had no problem with it when it was a Republicans kids.

When did it become a crime to roll your eyes, look bored and wear clothes some people don't like?

It's a crime to drink alcohol under the age of 21. The bush girls were busted for that crime more than once. So yes, their crimes.

I also included the extended bush family. One bush was busted for stealing a prescription pad from a doctor and forging his name to get prescription drugs. I could list the many crimes of people in the bush family but I really don't care enough to look. If you want to know about all the crimes of members of the bush family I'm sure it's easy to find in a simple search. Just use any search engine. My preference is Bing.

I don't excuse anyone for needlessly attacking children of the president. I don't care what party you're in.

I also don't approve of special treatment for politician's kids. The way the bush girls and extended family have gotten through the years. As I said, that's my problem with the bush family. They break the law and there's no consequences. While children of people who aren't politicians have to face the fullest extent of the law.

You can fake outrage if you want but all I see is partisan hypocrisy.
It'd a misdemaenor. Are we going to make every traffic ticket some politician into a major scandal?

So the Democrat rule is "no attacks on a politian's kids unless they are true?" Well, Chelsea was genuinely ugly, so why was saying that wrong?
Criticizing a 25 year old presidents daughter for flashing her pussy in public is not the same as calling a 15 year old girl ugly

Don't sweat it big guy. We still called Chelsea ugly when she was 25.
As is your right

And it is my right to criticize the entire Palin family for engaging in drunken brawls
Yep, and a drunk has the right to lay in the gutter and vomit on himself. Both activities deserve equal respect.
I guess you can describe the Palin family that way

You know............if Sasha and Malia acted like the Bush twins did, I would expect and hope for the media to report their bad actions in breaking laws.

However........................no laws were broken, not even fashion ones. They are dressed appropriately for teenage girls, they are flashing no cleavage, and aside from looking bored, they look like most upper class teens running all over America today.

The twins broke actual laws.

The Obama children didn't do anything other than look bored.

But......................partisan idiots will always find something to bitch about, and I'm talking about both sides.

You know............if Sasha and Malia acted like the Bush twins did, I would expect and hope for the media to report their bad actions in breaking laws.

However........................no laws were broken, not even fashion ones. They are dressed appropriately for teenage girls, they are flashing no cleavage, and aside from looking bored, they look like most upper class teens running all over America today.

But......................partisan idiots will always find something to bitch about, and I'm talking about both sides.

When there is so much to criticize about the Con-man in Chief, why go after low hanging fruit?

Because it is TIT4TAT with what the MSM did to the Palin family and children.

But two things about that.

1. Two wrongs don't make a right.

2. It has been so long since 2008 that the short attention spanned Liberals, like goldfish, haven't the mental capacity to connect the two together as cause (attacking the Palin kids) and effect (attacking the Obama kids).

The TIT4TAT lesson, whatever it might have had to recommend it, is largely wasted on Libs.

Libs just see it as THE FIRST STONE THROWN, warranting THEIR retaliation next time and the vicious cycle is off and running amuck.

When there is so much to criticize about the Con-man in Chief, why go after low hanging fruit?

2. It has been so long since 2008 that the short attention spanned Liberals, like goldfish, haven't the mental capacity to connect the two together as cause (attacking the Palin kids) and effect (attacking the Obama kids).

The TIT4TAT lesson, whatever it might have had to recommend it, is largely wasted on Libs.

Libs just see it as THE FIRST STONE THROWN, warranting THEIR retaliation next time and the vicious cycle is off and running amuck.
Another conservative who struggles with equivalencies

Palins 17 year old daughter was pregnant and trying to become the poster child for abstenance........liberals were not buying it
The Obama girls rolled their eyes at a stupid turkey and conservatives are outraged

Can we go back to when Palin pardoned a turkey?

How many times do we have to explain this.... This wasn't the MSM doing this, it is a Republican High level staffer.

I asked again to make it straight:
So you have a link to a Democratic staffer who criticized Bush, Palin, and Romney children for what they are wearing?

Not everyone in the press is joining in on the opportunity to torment the heretic. The New York Times reporter Jonathan Weisman observed that the fabricated nature of the outrage surrounding these remarks is betrayed by the obscurity of the individual who made them.

"Never has a no-name staffer to a no-name congressman gotten so much press. C'mon folks. It's Stephen Fincher's flak Republican staffer apologizes for criticizing Obama s daughters

— Jonathan Weisman (@jonathanweisman) November 30, 2014"

Obscure GOP staffer s Facebook criticism of Obama daughters becomes a media obsession Hot Air

:lol:

How many times do we have to explain this.... This wasn't the MSM doing this, it is a Republican High level staffer.

So you have a link to a Democratic staffer who criticized Bush, Palin, and Romney children for what they are wearing?

It's a nobody who works for a nobody Congressman who put her thoughts on Facebook.

I don't believe the term 'Slut' was ever used. So the OP is of course lying again. He expressed how he didn't feel their attire was very classy. But personally, i feel his criticism wasn't a very classy move. Next time, he should just keep it to himself.

That being said, it was very tame compared to the awful insults Democrats used to hurl at the Bush daughters. They often actually used terms like 'Slut' and 'Whore' when referring to Bush's daughters. So Democrats can spare us the faux outrage. No one's buying it.

Of course that word was never used. You only have a Republican staffer criticizing about the Obama girls and suggest they dress more appropriately for their age, especially for the production they hold. Does the left except criticism well? Apparently not.

I think the girls caught Mom's "bitchy resting face" disease. They were pulling some awesome BRF looks.

Maybe just maybe Obama will think twice about trotting his daughters out for a photo op that they obviously weren't in to.

I was a tad upset at first that they couldn't pull this off for their Dad and pretend to be happy.

But looking at it from the girls point of view I'd be po'd too. Most kids their age don't want to be seen with their parents let alone with a turkey in the same picture as them.

:lmao:

What are you trying to say?

That one was okay and one isn't?

Pfft.

Go home.

You fail.

:D

I think the girls caught Mom's "bitchy resting face" disease. They were pulling some awesome BRF looks.

Maybe just maybe Obama will think twice about trotting his daughters out for a photo op that they obviously weren't in to.

I was a tad upset at first that they couldn't pull this off for their Dad and pretend to be happy.

But looking at it from the girls point of view I'd be po'd too. Most kids their age don't want to be seen with their parents let alone with a turkey in the same picture as them.

:lmao:

I hope Obama has the guts to end the stupid pardon a turkey ceremony next year

It has jumped the shark

Another conservative who struggles with equivalencies

Palins 17 year old daughter was pregnant and trying to become the poster child for abstenance........liberals were not buying it
The Obama girls rolled their eyes at a stupid turkey and conservatives are outraged

Can we go back to when Palin pardoned a turkey?

Gee, I don't remember PALIN pardoning a turkey. But her running mate surely did!

All this indignation from our USMB Team Obama is hysterical. These posters are the same ones who tell us incessantly how it's ok to go after Palin's children because she used them as props.

Hey what's good for the goose.......

Re: clothing. I'd like to see the girls get a stylist. They could do so much for young American designers because the girls whether they like it or not :) are in the public eye.

I thought it was really cool of Michelle when she promoted American designers and I think the girls could take it a step farther.

Re: clothing. I'd like to see the girls get a stylist. They could do so much for young American designers because the girls whether they like it or not :) are in the public eye.

I thought it was really cool of Michelle when she promoted American designers and I think the girls could take it a step farther.
Do you think they dress trampy?

Forum List

Back