Republican congressman shows his ass

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
Congressman Castigates Park Ranger For The Memorial Closure He Voted For

But Mark Segraves, reporting for NBC News' Washington affiliate, managed to capture the howler highlight of the Great World War II Memorial Bleat-n-Repeat -- Rep. Randy Neugebauer's (R-Tex.) Wednesday confrontation of a poor park ranger on the scene -- who was doing nothing more than her job -- blaming her for the closure he voted for and telling her that she should be ashamed of herself.

How the hell does he even justify such a reaction??

We truly live in Bizarroworld.

Could you gain any insight into why he thinks she should be ashamed of herself?

At this point, I'm assuming transference.

The military has a long established tradition of not having to follow illegal, or in this case immoral orders. I assume the same kind of thing exist among any established authority figures and groups. Thats my guess anyhow.

That does not change the fact that he looks like a gumpy gus for taking out his frustrations on a lowly mindless dupe in the grand kabooki theatre of Obama's White House.

We truly live in Bizarroworld.

Could you gain any insight into why he thinks she should be ashamed of herself?

At this point, I'm assuming transference.

Sure. He doesn't actually think that; he's mouthing the script his yahoo fringe handlers have fed him. He didn't bother to think it through. When the crowd jumped on him for his oafishness it dawned on him that he fucked up and he slithers away. And I bet he didn't run that line again elsewhere.

I think the guy in the crowd was too kind. I would have lurched up and said "You lie!" Then I would have reminded the Critter that he works for us, not the other way around.

She handled things very well. Personally, I likely would have backhanded him. I've never done that, nor been to jail before - but the time would seem right.

But Mark Segraves, reporting for NBC News' Washington affiliate, managed to capture the howler highlight of the Great World War II Memorial Bleat-n-Repeat -- Rep. Randy Neugebauer's (R-Tex.) Wednesday confrontation of a poor park ranger on the scene -- who was doing nothing more than her job -- blaming her for the closure he voted for and telling her that she should be ashamed of herself.

First of all, Congress never voted to shut anything down. The House passed several spending bills, the Democraps in the Senate refuse to pass them. The fact that Democrats won't negotiate anything means no compromise can be made, and the result is a shutdown.

Also, if a Park Ranger or a guard is on duty then why does a monument have to be closed? It takes more effort to block access to such sites than it does to just let people walk through them and just make sure no damage is done to the property.

The House has the authority to fund or defund whatever they wish.

The Republicans won the majority of the House the last election. GET OVER IT.

First of all, Congress never voted to shut anything down. The House passed several spending bills, the Democraps in the Senate refuse to pass them. The fact that Democrats won't negotiate anything means no compromise can be made, and the result is a shutdown.

Also, if a Park Ranger or a guard is on duty then why does a monument have to be closed? It takes more effort to block access to such sites than it does to just let people walk through them and just make sure no damage is done to the property.

Lotta words to impart no answer at all.

Is "How the hell does he even justify such a reaction??" some kind of complex question?

Last edited:

Is "How the hell does he even justify such a reaction??" some kind of complex question?

I answered the question above but I'll respond to this one as well. It does not justify the reaction. It justifies the frustration but the congress critter should not have made it personal. He goofed there. Still, mountain/mole hill.

It is when you've got your handy-dandy F*E*C*A*L (Fox Echo Chamber Angry Listener) propaganda script in hand. He has a lot of information to relay, generally having nothing to do with the subject.

For more information, see: Michele Bachmann.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFilFCQS2fk]HEATED: CNN Wolf Blitzer Goes After Michele Bachmann Over ObamaCare - YouTube[/ame]

The Republicans made a conscious decision to try to blackmail away the ACA.

They failed.

This is on them.

Everybody knows it - and you all continually trying to point the finger is laughable at best.

I answered the question above but I'll respond to this one as well. It does not justify the reaction. It justifies the frustration but the congress critter should not have made it personal. He goofed there. Still, mountain/mole hill.

Ummm.... that's not even your post, dood. Says "theHawk" on my screen. :cuckoo:

I was correcting the false information in the OP.

No one has "voted for" a government shutdown.

I agree that he shouldn't be exchanging with one of the guards/park rangers, they are just following their marching orders. The orders come from the Obama administration and they should be ashamed of themselves for the closures. They are clearly going overboard trying to outrage people by blamming the closures on Republicans. And guess what, you Obama knob slobberers fell for it.

It's a direct quote of the headline.

But if that's the hill you want to die on, fine. They didn't vote for it.

They're just responsible for it.

Polls: Republicans Blamed for Government Shutdown

The political chaos in Washington over funding the federal government seems to be stirring the public, says Quinnipiac pollster Peter Brown.

“Americans don’t like shutting down the government. Even Americans who don’t like Obamacare don’t like shutting down the government,” says Brown.

Brown’s latest poll found that 72 percent of Americans oppose the government shutdown and a growing number put most of the blame on Republicans in Congress.

“Politics is a zero-sum game. If it’s good for one side, it’s bad for the other, and right now it’s bad for the Republicans and good for the Democrats,” says Brown.

But Brown and other analysts see a deeper, more troubling impact of the political dysfunction in Washington.

Americans seem to be losing faith in the ability of the political parties and the government to function, says analyst Charlie Cook.

“They may end up blaming Republicans more than Democrats and more than the president. But historically when you have these kinds of showdowns everybody looks bad,” says Cook.

U.S. voters are already cynical. And Peter Brown says a lengthy government shutdown would lead to even greater disillusion among the public.

“The government can’t seem to get done what they think needs to get done. Whether they are for or against this program or that, they would like to see something positive come out of Washington. And in their view they are not seeing it.”

Brown adds that frustration will likely grow as the shutdown continues.

It is when you've got your handy-dandy F*E*C*A*L (Fox Echo Chamber Angry Listener) propaganda script in hand. He has a lot of information to relay, generally having nothing to do with the subject.

For more information, see: Michele Bachmann.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFilFCQS2fk]HEATED: CNN Wolf Blitzer Goes After Michele Bachmann Over ObamaCare - YouTube[/ame]

Ah yes, he was flinging the same kind of red herring Neugeberger was.

Funny how they think a non-answer makes the question go away.

They failed.

This is on them.

Everybody knows it - and you all continually trying to point the finger is laughable at best.

Its within their authority to defund ACA.

We simply don't have the money to even fund it. But you liberals just don't care. Borrow another trillion to pay for it.

You still can't admit that the Republicans won the House last election, and that they have the constitutional authority to fund whatever they want. Not that you progressives give a damn about the Constitution or fiscal responsibility.

And oh by the way, the House passed a bill to fund the national parks but your Dem buddies refused to pass it---funding ACA with a trillion more dollars in debt is more important to them.

Ummm.... that's not even your post, dood. Says "theHawk" on my screen. :cuckoo:

Not your post either dude. But I guess it's easier to ignore points that you can't refute.

They failed.

This is on them.

Its within their authority to defund ACA.

We simply don't have the money to even fund it. But you liberals just don't care. Borrow another trillion to pay for it.

You still can't admit that the Republicans won the House last election, and that they have the constitutional authority to fund whatever they want. Not that you progressives give a damn about the Constitution or fiscal responsibility.

And oh by the way, the House passed a bill to fund the national parks but your Dem buddies refused to pass it---funding ACA with a trillion more dollars in debt is more important to them.

If it were 'within their authority,' they would have done so already. They can't, so they are attempting blackmail.

It's a direct quote of the headline.

But if that's the hill you want to die on, fine. They didn't vote for it.

They're just responsible for it.

Polls: Republicans Blamed for Government Shutdown

The political chaos in Washington over funding the federal government seems to be stirring the public, says Quinnipiac pollster Peter Brown.

“Americans don’t like shutting down the government. Even Americans who don’t like Obamacare don’t like shutting down the government,” says Brown.

Brown’s latest poll found that 72 percent of Americans oppose the government shutdown and a growing number put most of the blame on Republicans in Congress.

“Politics is a zero-sum game. If it’s good for one side, it’s bad for the other, and right now it’s bad for the Republicans and good for the Democrats,” says Brown.

But Brown and other analysts see a deeper, more troubling impact of the political dysfunction in Washington.

Americans seem to be losing faith in the ability of the political parties and the government to function, says analyst Charlie Cook.

“They may end up blaming Republicans more than Democrats and more than the president. But historically when you have these kinds of showdowns everybody looks bad,” says Cook.

U.S. voters are already cynical. And Peter Brown says a lengthy government shutdown would lead to even greater disillusion among the public.

“The government can’t seem to get done what they think needs to get done. Whether they are for or against this program or that, they would like to see something positive come out of Washington. And in their view they are not seeing it.”

Brown adds that frustration will likely grow as the shutdown continues.

So a poll blamming Republicans proves....what again? Who cares what some poll says about who is most responsible for a shutdown?

I agree Republicans are responsible for the shutdown, they are the only people acting responsibly. If they had acted like the Democrats, like a bunch of spoiled brats who want their credit card limit raised without paying any of it off, then they'd be responsible for more reckless spending and driving our debt up trillions more.

What your precious polls don't ask is whether or not people think shutting the government down is a bad or good thing.

Why don't your friends in the media run polls like "Is raising the debt another trillion good for America?" Of course the answer probably wouldn't help your progressive agenda, so just stick to the MSNBC talking points.

Forum List

Back