Republican Debate #1

At least Chris is living in the real world on this:

Christie says that immigration policy is about enforcing the law and making sure that people are not in the country while others are waiting to enter legally. He accuses China of sending chemicals to drug cartels that create fentanyl and says stopping them is a priority. - NYT
The only thing Christie lives in is a doughnut shop…

Trump will be the nominee and you will piss your pants.
Jesus Lordy I pray the Orange anti-Christ is.

The only pissin’ I will be doin, is pissin’ on the Grand Old Party’s grave.

The only way Trump can win is if Putin has a geopolitical move to help him with a bloody and scary October surprise.

I didn’t, but since you did was much time spent godsplainin for white Republican evangelicals crusade to force full term gestation on all women living in their Christian Nation of America?

Thanks.
It was pretty terrible alright. The only notable debate on the issue was over Pence’s promise to fight for a national law against abortion, which Nikki Haley opposed energetically (though later backtracking). It was one of the ways she stood out and actually looked most “presidential” and capable of appealing to a non-Republican audience.

See: Mike Pence, Nikki Haley spar over a Federal abortion ban at RNC debate

I was wondering that too. What the fuck? Thanks for making this.

Vivek has a garbage ideology like any republican but he’s proving himself to be magnetic. He might have the charisma to boost his polls. God knows republican voters are suckers for charisma.

DeSantis really isn’t doing bad either. He comes across forceful and composed. He’ll see a poll bump for sure.

Pence comes across defensive.

The rest are at different levels of “meh”.
You mean like slick Willy and Obama?

I was wondering that too. What the fuck? Thanks for making this.

Vivek has a garbage ideology like any republican but he’s proving himself to be magnetic. He might have the charisma to boost his polls. God knows republican voters are suckers for charisma.

DeSantis really isn’t doing bad either. He comes across forceful and composed. He’ll see a poll bump for sure.

Pence comes across defensive.

The rest are at different levels of “meh”.
Shifty Eye Ramaswamy has the charisma of a TV preacher. He tells them Goobers exactly what they wanna hear. He made enough whacky statements to get media coverage.

The only notable debate on the issue was over Pence’s promise to fight for a national law against abortion, which Nikki Haley opposed energetically (though later backtracking). It was one of the ways she stood out and actually looked most “presidential” and capable of appealing to a non-Republican audience.

See: Mike Pence, Nikki Haley spar over a Federal abortion ban at RNC debate

Thanks I watched the video. I’ve been predicting Mike Pence will rise in a potential surprise win at the end in the GOP primary.

It seems everybody on the stage helped him with that.

I don’t know if there’s any specific polling from white evangelical Trump die hards, but it looks to me that either Nikki Haley or Mike Pence could win them over with abortion politics.

I’ve been listening to extreme right wing religion American family radio (Jenna Ellis has a show) and it’s becoming somewhat an observable trend that the “saving baby fetus” cult has finally been knocked on their ass by the recent special election in Ohio knowing what is to come.

They will I have a 24 week ban in red state Ohio which is exactly the way it was under RvW..

I suspect Pence who was picked to earn evangelicals votes in 2015, is very deep in communication with the white evangelical community leaders to find what they will stomach living in baby, killing America, which they cannot tolerate.

A 15 week abortion, ban nationally in reality will not save baby fetus from being electively killed because 93% of all abortions are performed before the 16th week. The remainder are mostly wanted pregnancies or something goes wrong and abortion is a sad and painful option for the mother.

Pence is very cagey politically calling for a 15 week national abortion ban because there is a chance that the women’s rights movement can kind of deal somewhere in between 15 weeks and 24 weeks if all states guarantee that right.

So we will see what comes, but however goes the white evangelical “ saving baby fetus” cult it will be the religious right who decides who the Republican nominee will be.

Pence came right out and said it’s not only a state rights issue it’s a moral issue which really surprised me. I think that will resound with the evangelicals given their states rights shellacking’s that they have taken since DOBBS. They know they can’t argue a moral issue under the wings of the antichrist Trump.

I think it’s gonna be Pence defying the current odds against him. Iowa is a solid white run evangelical state.

Morning Joe is on this 15 week ban right now 9:18 Am

Last edited:
Thanks I watched the video. I’ve been predicting Mike Pence will rise in a potential surprise win at the end in the GOP primary.

It seems everybody on the stage helped him with that.

I don’t know if there’s any specific polling from white evangelical Trump die hards, but it looks to me that either Nikki Haley or Mike Pence could win them over with abortion politics.

I’ve been listening to extreme right wing religion American family radio (Jenna Ellis has a show) and it’s becoming somewhat an observable trend that the “saving baby fetus” cult has finally been knocked on their ass by the recent special election in Ohio knowing what is to come.

They will I have a 24 week ban in red state Ohio which is exactly the way it was under RvW..

I suspect Pence who was picked to earn evangelicals votes in 2015, is very deep in deep communication with the white evangelical community leaders to find what they will stomach living in baby, killing America, which they cannot tolerate.

A 15 week abortion, ban nationally in reality will not save baby fetus from being electively killed because 93% of all abortions are performed before the 16th week. The remainder are mostly wanted pregnancies or something goes wrong and abortion is a sad and painful option for the mother.

Pence is very cagey politically calling for a 15 week national abortion ban because there is a chance that the women’s rights movement can kind of deal somewhere in between 15 weeks and 24 weeks if all states guarantee that right.

So we will see what comes, but however goes the white evangelical “ saving baby fetus” cult it will be the religious right who decides who the Republican nominee will be.

Pence came right out and said it’s not only a state rights issue it’s a moral issue which really surprised me. I think that will resound with the evangelicals given their states rights shellacking’s that they have taken since DOBBS. They know they can’t argue a moral issue under the wings of the antichrist Trump.

I Think it’s gonna be Pence defying the current odds against him. Iowa is a solid white run evangelical state.

I’m curious about a separate matter you may know about. I recently heard that among young evangelicals “saving the planet” ecological consciousness is strong and growing. Do you know if there is much truth in this?

I’m curious about a separate matter you may know about. I recently heard that among young evangelicals “saving the planet” ecological consciousness is strong and growing. Do you know if there is much truth in this?
I haven’t looked into that much, but watching AFR they don’t come out and say it but the heat wave and all the fires and all the ecological disasters this summer had the “elders” trying to normalize it. Yesterday there was a show I guess taking place in Mississippi where it’s been hotter than hell. They just kind of said we’re in the south you got expect it run your air conditioners and praise Jesus for that and then they complain that Biden ran the cost of freon up. Funniest part was at the end of that little discussion. They pointed out to their listeners that they’re going through nothing in Mississippi like they’re going through in Texas. They know how to handle this in Texas. I took this to be a message that “they got real Christians in Texas, so shut up praise Jesus and stop complaining God is just testing you.

But I’ve also heard for a long time that the reason young people are dropping out of Christianity is because right wing politics being in climate denial.

There is definitely a triple whammy hitting the religious right. Abortion freedom. Voter freedom. God sending this summer of heat and fires and smoke when the front runner in the GOP primary is hit with over 90 federal charges. Crimes against democracy; Crimes against national security; Crimes of the grifting nature.

The heat surely is on.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back