Republican drive to end social programs UNCONSTITUTIONAL

The general government of the United States should... absorb and swallow up the state governments.

--Robert Yates

well its a good thing this guys ideas never came true

You must be blind they have been coming true for A long time now. Slowly but surely the power of the states has been absorbed by the Fed. Until today when for all practical purposes we might as well not have states anymore.

What tyranny, little man?

You haven't followed have you?

The soft tyranny in which THIS government has become.

NEXT QUESTION.

Social conditions in my community haven't destroyed my hope. But, that may be because I've accumulated enormous wealth being a rugged individualist, practicing the Protestant work ethic and pretending I actually believe all that stuff about American Exceptional-ism.

Maybe you've lost hope because you're just a loser who spends way too much time whining like a sissy and blaming the government for your failure to achieve great financial success.

And bully for YOU in your endeavours. I still retain work built of my own accord, and see what the Government has done to stand in the way causing what we see before us.

And If I were you? I'd be very careful of the sissy remarks. And tell me? YOU speak of my failure...

Do you know to what you speak or is this a rouse of sorts to set me off?

I see the latter since you don't know me from ADAM. Therefore? Your remarks are inconsequential and sophmoric at best.

Odd he saw it coming huh?
Smart men those founders of ours:clap2:

Jefferson never had to deal with the social problems and injustices that came with industrialization.

No...but he sure as HELL had to deal with tyranny...didn't he? And what social problems did that present in the matter of individual Liberty?

Same thing. Different circumstance...Different time.

There's nothing NEW under the Sun where tyrannies and despotism reside, nor in the course of humanity since they learned to walk erect.

Last edited:
Jefferson never had to deal with the social problems and injustices that came with industrialization.

No...but he sure as HELL had to deal with tyranny.
Jefferson didn't get the Transcontinental Railroad built.

It took a big government to build a big railroad.

Only by Land Grants.

The material and people came privately. And it was for the promotion of Commerce...and thus the General Welfare of those involved directly or indirectly.

Precisely what they should be doing.

So what's your point?

You haven't followed have you?

The soft tyranny in which THIS government has become.

NEXT QUESTION.

Social conditions in my community haven't destroyed my hope. But, that may be because I've accumulated enormous wealth being a rugged individualist, practicing the Protestant work ethic and pretending I actually believe all that stuff about American Exceptional-ism.

Maybe you've lost hope because you're just a loser who spends way too much time whining like a sissy and blaming the government for your failure to achieve great financial success.

And bully for YOU in your endeavours. I still retain work built of my own accord, and see what the Government has done to stand in the way causing what we see before us.
The government didn't stand in my way. I've accumulated enormous wealth in a system you claim is over regulated.

And If I were you? I'd be very careful of the sissy remarks. And tell me? YOU speak of my failure...

I see the latter since you don't know me from ADAM. Therefore? Your remarks are inconsequential and sophmoric at best.
You sound like one of those middle age white tea beggar guys who never achieved any success and blames it all on the government.

No...but he sure as HELL had to deal with tyranny.

Only by Land Grants.

The material and people came privately. And it was for the promotion of Commerce...and thus the General Welfare of those involved directly or indirectly.

So what's your point?

Free enterprise didn't get the job done. But, big government did. A big nation needs a big government.

The government didn't stand in my way. I've accumulated enormous wealth in a system you claim is over regulated.
Good for YOU. I applaud you.

You sound like one of those middle age white tea beggar guys who never achieved any success and blames it all on the government.

/Discussion.

Only by Land Grants.

So what's your point?

Free enterprise didn't get the job done. But, big government did. A big nation needs a big government.

No they don't. Government produces nothing. They would be ZERO without the individual or business.

Last edited:
Comparing railroads to entitlement programs:eusa_eh: The country was still young, government provided the land grants but it also brought us some stains in our history too from the Chinese connection to Jesse James and others fighting the railroads /government concerning their land grabbing.

Jefferson Davis also played a role when he was Secretary of War, backroom deals were cut, crony capitalism in it's infancy and the result is the clusterfuck that we call government today.

I've yet to see an anarchist in this thread, there is something between that and the "Red Square Utopia" that so many here seem to embrace.

Last edited:
Comparing railroads to entitlement programs:eusa_eh: The country was still young, government provided the land grants but it also brought us some stains in our history too from the Chinese connection to Jesse James and others fighting the railroads /government in their land grabbing.

Jefferson Davis also played a role when he was Secretary of War, backroom deals were cut, crony capitalism in it's infancy and the result is the clusterfuck that we call government today.

I've yet to see an anarchist in this thread, there is something between that and the "Red Square Utopia" that so many here seem to embrace.

Isn't that something John? I'm still reeling from the nonsense exspoused by Jagger. He's trying to justify Big Government thinking the people do nothing without their sayso...or at least that's what he seems to want.

Only by Land Grants.

So what's your point?

No they don't. Government produces nothing. They would be ZERO without the individual or business.

Yep the plain fact is Government can not do a thing with out the Private sector to fund it.

And exactly how has Big government gotten the job done? You call this job well done?

Forum List

Back