Republican Ken Buck Says Being Gay Is A Choice, And Also Like Alcoholism

Just like the 911 hijacker's, they where born with the determination to slam jets into buildings, that wasn't a choice.....

All of our actions are as a result of our choices. Especially when we decide to kill people. We have a free will!!

I fully believe the choice of homosexual activity detrimental to the mission of the military.
Key word being "believe". Your "belief" is not supported by any facts or evidence.

25 countries have lifted their bans without detriment to the mission. There was no loss of moral or unit cohesion. There was no mass exodus. There were no huge increase of homophobic attacks. None of the "chicken little" scenarios occurred.

Our troops have been serving in theater with their openly gay troops for years now. Has the sky fallen yet?

The 25 countries that the gays keep bring up.

Have Not fought in any major wars since they allowed homos in their military.

So in essence, allowing perverts to openly serve is untested.

I fully believe the choice of homosexual activity detrimental to the mission of the military.
Key word being "believe". Your "belief" is not supported by any facts or evidence.

25 countries have lifted their bans without detriment to the mission. There was no loss of moral or unit cohesion. There was no mass exodus. There were no huge increase of homophobic attacks. None of the "chicken little" scenarios occurred.

Our troops have been serving in theater with their openly gay troops for years now. Has the sky fallen yet?

Except.. your belief and my belief have a large difference... I am from the military, I have experience with how morale, cohesion, behaviors, and other things effect the effectiveness of a military unit...

Your belief is not supported by fact or evidence.. mine is supported by experience

There IS NO GAY GENE. It is a lifestyle choice, for fucks sake use your thinking caps.

Hey Sunnidiot........the 25 countries that allow gays to serve openly are NATO countries.

NATO troops and the coalition for the Iraq/Afghanistan war ring a bell?

Fuck, you are stupid.........

LOL, Iraq and Afghanistan never were much of a war.

And definitely not a major war.

More like a giant cluster f*ck :lol:

They've fought in the same conflicts we have. Canada, Australia, Great Britain, Israel, France...all fighting alongside our troops in Iraq and Afghanistan. Guess that makes you wrong again, Mr. Poe.

Except.. your belief and my belief have a large difference... I am from the military, I have experience with how morale, cohesion, behaviors, and other things effect the effectiveness of a military unit...

Your belief is not supported by fact or evidence.. mine is supported by experience
So is mine. 20 years and retired. Your opinion is just that, an opinion and it is not supported by any facts, just your own homophobic feelings. All those other militaries, in countries with cultures similar to our own, said the same exact things when their countries were lifting their bans. None of their feelings were true either.

I have great faith that, just as when our country desegregated despite the overwhelming public opinion against it, our professional military will be just fine when the gay ban is lifted.

There IS NO GAY GENE. It is a lifestyle choice, for fucks sake use your thinking caps.

Nobody said there IS a "gay gene". What there is, however, is plenty of empirical evidence that points to a genetic predisposition. The only "choice" in acting upon your natural inclinations.

Do you find yourself equally attracted to both men and women but "chose" only one?

Tell that to the parents of that kid buried a few miles from here in Sutallee National Cemetery. We knew him, my son played sports with and against him as a youth.
You are a sorry ass excuse for a veteran. No respect for his fellow warriors.
The last time I saw something like you I flushed it.

So is mine. 20 years and retired. Your opinion is just that, an opinion and it is not supported by any facts, just your own homophobic feelings. All those other militaries, in countries with cultures similar to our own, said the same exact things when their countries were lifting their bans. None of their feelings were true either.

I have great faith that, just as when our country desegregated despite the overwhelming public opinion against it, our professional military will be just fine when the gay ban is lifted.

Mine is also supported by 20 years experience. Joined in '82, saw DADT come into being in '94 and retired in 2002.

I became aware of serving with gay members while on my first ship in '83. Paul was probably one of the better sailors around, and did his job well. So was the data processing technician who was also gay.

Nope.........during the days BEFORE DADT, if a person said they were gay, they were gone in 24-48 hours. After DADT, the process took significantly longer (they had to convene boards), yet the same witch hunt was going on.

In the 20 years that I've served, I've known several gay servicemembers, and all of them were just as good, if not better, than their straight counterparts.

Why? Simple.......the military is all about attention to detail, and gays, due to the way they've had to grow up, understood attention to detail and did it very well.

And no, never during those 20 years did I see a gay servicemember try to take advantage of someone. However, I HAVE seen many male supervisors try to take advantage of lower ranking females.

Repeal DADT, it's an archaic rule that has no business in today's military.

If gays want to serve, let 'em serve.

Tell that to the parents of that kid buried a few miles from here in Sutallee National Cemetery. We knew him, my son played sports with and against him as a youth.
You are a sorry ass excuse for a veteran. No respect for his fellow warriors.
The last time I saw something like you I flushed it.
Just because I am saying that Iraq and Aghanistain are not major wars like WWII, Korea, and Vietnam.

Doesn't mean that soldiers don't get killed.

But compared to my war, Vietnam; the two current wars are just a one sided minor military exercise with some casualities :cool:

You right wingers are hilarious. I told you you're racist and homophobes and sexist and you are always calling me a liar. Then you prove you ARE those things. Hilarious!

Republican Party 90% white and mostly Christian.

Only 6% of scientists are Republican and only 9% call themselves "conservative".

Personally, I think that last two numbers are vastly over inflated.

You're such a twat..

That's all you had to say!... :rofl:

:)

peace...

A great word, says it all.:lol:

Mine is also supported by 20 years experience. Joined in '82, saw DADT come into being in '94 and retired in 2002.

I became aware of serving with gay members while on my first ship in '83. Paul was probably one of the better sailors around, and did his job well. So was the data processing technician who was also gay.

Nope.........during the days BEFORE DADT, if a person said they were gay, they were gone in 24-48 hours. After DADT, the process took significantly longer (they had to convene boards), yet the same witch hunt was going on.

In the 20 years that I've served, I've known several gay servicemembers, and all of them were just as good, if not better, than their straight counterparts.

Why? Simple.......the military is all about attention to detail, and gays, due to the way they've had to grow up, understood attention to detail and did it very well.

And no, never during those 20 years did I see a gay servicemember try to take advantage of someone. However, I HAVE seen many male supervisors try to take advantage of lower ranking females.

Repeal DADT, it's an archaic rule that has no business in today's military.

If gays want to serve, let 'em serve.

Hey Skooter, did you know these guys?:lol::lol:[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InBXu-iY7cw"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InBXu-iY7cw[/ame]

Use yours you uneducated bigot. Lack of a gene for behavior x does not equate to behavior x being a choice.

I ask AGAIN. If what you say is true and being gay is a choice then the answer to my next question should be yes. Not yes but or a dodge of some type, simply yes.

Can YOU choose to be arroussed by a man?

Use yours you uneducated bigot. Lack of a gene for behavior x does not equate to behavior x being a choice.

I ask AGAIN. If what you say is true and being gay is a choice then the answer to my next question should be yes. Not yes but or a dodge of some type, simply yes.

you can do whatever gotcha you want but the answer is clearly yes. For liberals who tout themselves as educated and people of science, you sure do hate science on this one don't you?

you can do whatever gotcha you want but the answer is clearly yes. For liberals who tout themselves as educated and people of science, you sure do hate science on this one don't you?

You didn't answer his question.

If homosexuality is a choice, then anyone can choose to be aroused by the same sex. Right?

Forum List

Back