Republican Ken Buck Says Being Gay Is A Choice, And Also Like Alcoholism

You mean I can wake up tomorrow and just choose, just decide, to be homosexual?

I answered your question in the same post as when I said no need for name calling.

Yes, if you want a dick in your butt. How many times answering the same fucking question does it take for you to understand my position?

If that's your position than you are a fucking idiot. You clearly don't get the difference between engaging in a behavior and WANTING to engage in a behavior. Sure I could chose to go suck a dick. That doesn't mean I want to suck a dick.

Being gay is about the gender you are sexually attracted to. Not the sexual behavior you choose to engage in. I have asked you the same question repeatedly but you seem to keep missing one key word. I'm not asking you if you could choose to have sex with a man. For the upteenth time I'm asking if you could choose to WANT to have sex with a man. That is apparently a distinction your bigot brain doesn't get.

Lets see some science that backs up your claim.

Yes, if you want a dick in your butt. How many times answering the same fucking question does it take for you to understand my position?

If the biological responses of sexuality can be boiled down to merely a choice of which we all have the capacity, then you too have that capacity.

So prove it.

If sexuality is a choice, go look at a picture of a naked man and choose to have an erection.

Walk the talk.

If the biological responses of sexuality can be boiled down to merely a choice of which we all have the capacity, then you too have that capacity.

So prove it.

If sexuality is a choice, go look at a picture of a naked man and choose to have an erection.

Walk the talk.

I choose not to. The choice to do and the choice to not do are equal.

So prove it.

Walk the talk.

Again we are not asking what you would choose to do. We are asking how you could choose to FEEL. If you are saying you can choose to feel about a man the same way you FEEL sexually toward your wife or significant other than you are lieing to us or yourself or both.

Last edited:

So prove it.

Walk the talk.

Again we are not asking what you would choose to do. We are asking how you could choose to FEEL. If you are saying you can choose to feel about a man the same way you FEEL sexually toward your wife or significant other than you are lieing to us or yourself or both.

the keyword is "could".

the keyword is "could".

No its not. You can't. And you know you can't.

Sexuality is innately hardwired into our being. We could "choose" to not breathe also, but the physiological response would be death, or at least an automatic response to attempt to breathe again.

Sexuality is not a choice. It is not like going to McDonald's and choosing if you want a Big Mac or a McChicken. If it were, then you should be able to choose how you physiologically respond, and you could easily choose to get aroused at the sight of a naked man. Heck, it wouldn't even have to be a naked man. It could be a 500 lb 70 year old woman, or a sheep, or a tree, or a toaster. It could be anything, if you could "choose" it to be so.

But its not.

the keyword is "could".

Sexuality is innately hardwired into our being. We could "choose" to not breathe also, but the physiological response would be death, or at least an automatic response to attempt to breathe again.

Sexuality is not a choice. It is not like going to McDonald's and choosing if you want a Big Mac or a McChicken. If it were, then you should be able to choose how you physiologically respond, and you could easily choose to get aroused at the sight of a naked man. Heck, it wouldn't even have to be a naked man. It could be a 500 lb 70 year old woman, or a sheep, or a tree, or a toaster. It could be anything, if you could "choose" it to be so.

But its not.

Care to post some scientific studies?

the keyword is "could".

But its not.

We have already conducted a fairly scientific study right here. You have simply refused to participate in it by refusing to answer the question I asked. It's a very simple yes or no. Are you able CHOOSE to FEEL sexually arroused by a man? The fact that you won't give a simple yes or no suggest you know the answer. You just lack the integrity to admit it.

The fact that science has not yet definitively proven that homosexuality is biological does not mean it is not biological.

Care to choose to be aroused by a man?

Walk the talk. Show us how it is a choice.

Logic says that if there is no gay gene or proof of one...yet, then it is only logical to assume that thus far, choice is the only alternative. Unless there is a third I am not aware of? I am not saying my position is fullproof, I am saying logically it is the best I have heard.

the keyword is "could".

But its not.

An Octopus; a squid?

:redface:

The fact that science has not yet definitively proven that homosexuality is biological does not mean it is not biological.

Logic says that if there is no gay gene or proof of one...yet, then it is only logical to assume that thus far, choice is the only alternative. Unless there is a third I am not aware of? I am not saying my position is fullproof, I am saying logically it is the best I have heard.

There is no gene for fear or love or humor. Do you believe these things are also choices?

Logic my ass. What a load of shit. No scientist is going to agree that whatever there isn't a gene for is a choice. That you try to disguise your bigotry as science is disgusting and void of integrity.

True logic suggests a whole slew of variables that produce one's sexual orientation. There would probably be a pretty decent list of possibilities from least logical to most that determine ones sexual orientation. But at the bottom of the list would be that it's choice. It is not logical that being gay is a choice since I can't choose to feel attracted to a man. The fact that you won't admit the same suggests you know this.

It is also not logical that there would be one gene controlling it. More likely there would be many that have to meet many combination parameters in order to result in a person being gay.

But its not.

We have already conducted a fairly scientific study right here. You have simply refused to participate in it by refusing to answer the question I asked. It's a very simple yes or no. Are you able CHOOSE to FEEL sexually arroused by a man? The fact that you won't give a simple yes or no suggest you know the answer. You just lack the integrity to admit it.

i have said "yes" more than 50 times to your question.

Logic my ass. What a load of shit. No scientist is going to agree that whatever there isn't a gene for is a choice. That you try to disguise your bigotry as science is disgusting and void of integrity.

True logic suggests a whole slew of variables that produce one's sexual orientation. There would probably be a pretty decent list of possibilities from least logical to most that determine ones sexual orientation. But at the bottom of the list would be that it's choice. It is not logical that being gay is a choice since I can't choose to feel attracted to a man. The fact that you won't admit the same suggests you know this.

It is also not logical that there would be one gene controlling it. More likely there would be many that have to meet many combination parameters in order to result in a person being gay.

a slew of external variables that weigh into a choice, exactly. a young woman can be exposed to lesbian behavior and get curious, and find out she likes it, thats a choice. you can choose to be attracted to a man if you were constantly told that penises are desirable growing up, yes? I am sorry but you're choosing to ignore reality, as is most others who disagree.

It is most likely a genetic mutation, as there is no help for the species as a whole for a dick to be placed into a dude's anal cavity. People who think that is natural are just delusional. There is nothing wrong with it at all, but it is not natural.

Last edited:

a slew of external variables that weigh into a choice, exactly. a young woman can be exposed to lesbian behavior and get curious, and find out she likes it, thats a choice. you can choose to be attracted to a man if you were constantly told that penises are desirable growing up, yes? I am sorry but you're choosing to ignore reality, as is most others who disagree.

It is most likely a genetic mutation, as there is no help for the species as a whole for a dick to be placed into a dude's anal cavity. People who think that is natural are just delusional. There is nothing wrong with it at all, but it is not natural.

Got news for you Little Pee (no, you don't advocate liberty, you just whizz all over everything that doesn't agree with you)...........it's not a "choice" as much as you'd think.

How do I know? Personal experience. I'd met a girl who was a lesbian, and when she told me, I said that it was no problem, because I'm not biased. We spent a lot of time hanging out, shooting pool and riding Harleys, and one day we were talking about sex.

She then asked me if I would be willing to sleep with her, because she was curious as to whether or not she could go straight. We spent a couple of hours discussing it. Why? Because she was a good friend, and I didn't want to sour our friendship.

Well, we ended up getting naked and jumping into bed. The foreplay was good, and everything was going okay up until the moment of penetration. She then froze up and said that something didn't feel right, and she wanted to stop.

A few months later, she wanted to try it again, but the result was the same.

Got news for you.........she "chose" to try to be straight, but was unable to do so.

No. It's not a choice.

That would be called BI-sexuality smart guy and also not a choice. Much as you would like gay or straight to be black or white, it isn't. Your scenarios are totally unrealistic. No one teaches you that women are attractive. Don't you remember being a little kid in your early teens and suddently finding girls attractive? Did someone just slip you a memo? Did your parents pull aside and think it was time to tell you 'okay son, you're old enough that we can tell you to start liking girls.'?

I don't see any claiming it's natural. If by natural you mean normal then you're right. By definition of the fact that occurs straightness occurrs more often than not then yes homosexuality is abnormal or unnatural. Why that means it's worthwhile for the like of you and Sunni to be bigots about it I'm not sure.

i have said "yes" more than 50 times to your question.

Liberty, There are few things more important in life than knowing who you are. That is having the ability to be objectively introspective. Know your own flaws, strengths, personality, etc. Not who think you are or what you would like to be, but just who you are. It is helpful to know how others see you. As they say perception is reality.

What's my point? If you really truly believe you have the ability to choose to FEEL sexually attracted to a man maybe you need to worry less about gay people and us and start focusing a little more on yourself. If you think you could choose to get a boner over some guy then the possibility exists that you yourself aren't straight at all. At least not all the way.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back