Republican lawyer. We must try and curtail college students from voting.

The country's infrastructure, the market.

Anything.

But at a bare minimum, they should have been able to balance the budget.

The country's infrastructure, the market.

Leftists don't want it invested in the market.

But at a bare minimum, they should have been able to balance the budget.

They should have used Social Security receipts to balance the budget?
How would that have worked?

They should have used Social Security receipts to balance the budget?
How would that have worked?
They used social security receipts to fund the discretionary budget to keep their income taxes lower and they still couldn't close the gap.

Remember Al Gore being ridiculed for a social security lock box? He was right.

Basically every negative trend we are dealing with started in the Reagan era.

We stopped caring about society and started caring only about ourselves. We are facing the repercussions of that.
To me, in my experience I saw it in the mid-90s but I don’t blame politicians.

What? You idiots keep telling us that it's republicans who are going to cut Social Security and Medicare. Are you confused?
Republians only want to cut social security and medicare for people under 55 because they want to protect you morons from the consequences of your actions and screw over the rest of us.

No, you blame just Republicans, so far, correct me if I’m wrong.
Meh, there's blame to go around, but it was clearly Republicans leading the charge in the magical thinking department. Democrats have been consistently offering solutions but never enacted.

They used social security receipts to fund the discretionary budget to keep their income taxes lower and they still couldn't close the gap.

Remember Al Gore being ridiculed for a social security lock box? He was right.

They put the extra receipts into government bonds. Leftists wouldn't let them
be invested in the market. Yes, the government spends way too much.

Remember Al Gore being ridiculed for a social security lock box?

He was ridiculed because he's an idiot.
Putting T-Bills into a "lock box" doesn't help Social Security
or reduce government spending by a single dollar.

They put the extra receipts into government bonds. Leftists wouldn't let them
be invested in the market. Yes, the government spends way too much.

Remember Al Gore being ridiculed for a social security lock box?

He was ridiculed because he's an idiot.
Putting T-Bills into a "lock box" doesn't help Social Security
or reduce government spending by a single dollar.
Oh please. Intragovernment debt is a small fraction of gross debt.

It makes sense we cut taxes and acquire debt during recessions to stimulate the economy, but the logical conclusion is you raise taxes during economic expansion to pay down the debt.

When it comes to Republicans, we cut taxes in recessions. We also cut taxes during economic expansions. That's magical thinking.

Republians only want to cut social security and medicare for people under 55 because they want to protect you morons from the consequences of your actions and screw over the rest of us.
Bullshit. Are you drunk?

It makes sense we cut taxes and acquire debt during recessions to stimulate the economy, but the logical conclusion is you raise taxes during economic expansion to pay down the debt.

When it comes to Republicans, we cut taxes in recessions. We also cut taxes during economic expansions. That's magical thinking.

How small?

but the logical conclusion is you raise taxes during economic expansion to pay down the debt.

Or cut spending.

When it comes to Democrats, we increase spending in recessions. We also increase spending during economic expansions. That's magical thinking.

During economic expansion it makes sense to cut spending and raise taxes but neither party wants that.

How small?

but the logical conclusion is you raise taxes during economic expansion to pay down the debt.

Or cut spending.

When it comes to Democrats, we increase spending in recessions. We also increase spending during economic expansions. That's magical thinking.
It's about 20%.

They don't want to cut spending, and when they did cut spending, they did so in a way that wouldn't affect them. That's why our infrastructure sucks.

I disagree. Voting should not be As Easy As Possible. Voting should be reasonably easy, but restrictions should be in place that ensure voting integrity.
and there are, that is why we do not, and never had, widespread voter fraud.

Forum List

Back