Republican lawyer. We must try and curtail college students from voting.

I support some of the things Republicans pretend to support. A balanced budget and addressing the deficit.

I support some of the things Republicans do support. I'm pro-life and I support the 2nd Amendment.

Things like this among other actions are why I can not vote Republican.

A top Republican lawyer told donors at a Republican National Committee (RNC) retreat last weekend that conservatives should work to limit voting on college campuses.

Cleta Mitchell, a GOP lawyer who assisted former President Trump in his efforts to overturn the 2020 election, called on Saturday for Republicans to “combat” efforts to turnout college voters — a group that significantly tilts Democratic.

Top Republican lawyer tells donors conservatives should work to limit voting on college campuses

Voting should be one of our most sacred rights. We should be working to make voting easier for all, not harder for those some don't want voting.

You understand that that is not the party platform right? You understand that you quoted the opinion of one guy right? You are at east that intelligent right? Right?

Baby boomers vote Republican. They're such a large voting group, they dominate electoral considerations and have for decades.

What's their solution for the problems they've created? Hack entitlement spending for anyone less than 55 so that they never have to face the consequences of their long history of screwing over the rest of us.

I've been paying into Social Security and Medicare since 1965 and still do. I'm going to be 75 in a few months. Cry me a river, kid.

You understand that that is not the party platform right? You understand that you quoted the opinion of one guy right? You are at east that intelligent right? Right?

It was an opinion of one person. I agree with it. Political parties unfortunately do the opposite of their platforms all the time.

I'm a baby boomer. I do no such thing.

I'm not sure where you are going.
Surely you didn't think that I was saying every Baby Boomer votes Republican? Cmon, let's use some common sense.

I'm saying that DBA thinks young people are too stupid to vote but the voting history of older people fails to demonstrate wisdom.

In truth, every generation is going to vote to protect themselves. Baby Boomers are scared that younger generations will take away their goodies because the younger people are the ones that are going to have to pay for them.

I've been paying into Social Security and Medicare since 1965 and still do. I'm going to be 75 in a few months. Cry me a river, kid.
Social security and Medicare are bankrupt. The taxes you paid for them since 1965 were used to subsidize the government spending so that your income tax could be artificially lower, not that you could balance the discretionary budget either.

You guys are the ones who expect free shit.

Wait what? You agree that college kids shouldn't be allowed to vote? Isn't that the opposite of your OP?

I said no such thing. I agreed that those who have screwed the country up so badly shouldn't be relied upon to make policy in any way any longer.

Debt is usually done v GDP...

It makes sense... The higher your GDP the debt means less...

So if you GDP increases faster than your debt then you have effectively reduced your debt to GDP ratio...

There is also the passing of the poisoned ball... Bush2 did that to Obama, Obama got an Economy in Free Fall..

View attachment 779834

But another way is to look at Deficit... How much are they actually borrowing...
GOP Presidents have increased bororrowing and Democrats have reduced it... I understand you saying borrowing is bad, but would you vote for the one increasing it or reducing it...

IT is totally unrealistic to stop borrowing over night. The US economy would crash and GDP would collapse... This would effectively increase the Dbt to GDP ratio, meaning US would owe more..

GOP Presidents have increased bororrowing and Democrats have reduced it...

Which Democrat President borrowed less at the end of his term than at the beginning?

Social security and Medicare are bankrupt. The taxes you paid for them since 1965 were used to subsidize the government spending so that your income tax could be artificially lower, not that you could balance the discretionary budget either.

The taxes you paid for them since 1965 were used to subsidize the government spending

That's awful!
What should they have done with Social Security tax receipts?

Bullshit. Go cry into your pillow.

The taxes you paid for them since 1965 were used to subsidize the government spending

That's awful!
What should they have done with Social Security tax receipts?
Invested.

At the very least they could have balanced the budget. Instead they cut taxes over and over again telling themselves that the cuts would "pay for themselves" which was a fair tale.

Forum List

Back