Republican lawyer. We must try and curtail college students from voting.

and there are, that is why we do not, and never had, widespread voter fraud.
You remind me of the bartender that doesn't card his customer's that says his bar doesn't have an underage drinker problem.

If voting is made too easy by not having a system of ensuring voter integrity, then the system will not detect much of the voter fraud if it occurs. States that mass mail voter ballets to the voters on their voter rolls create much opportunity for voter fraud that has both a low probability of being detected and in many cases a low risk to perpetrators even if it is detected.

Suppose Bill and Mary are a couple. Bill picks up Mary's ballot and fills it out to his liking and gets Mary to sign it. Then he mails both his ballot and Mary's ballot in. Bill and Mary have just commented voter fraud. Perhaps Mary didn't really care about voting and would not have shown up at the poll to vote in person. Mary just gave Bill two votes. This type of voter fraud will never be detected. With some elections being decided by less than 1/2 a percentage point, this can make a difference because it won't be just Bill and Mary doing this.

This is just one example of how voting fraud can occur without being detected. With billions of dollars being spent on elections, if people can devise ways to work the system, they will.

You remind me of the bartender that doesn't card his customer's that says his bar doesn't have an underage drinker problem.

If voting is made too easy by not having a system of ensuring voter integrity, then the system will not detect much of the voter fraud if it occurs. States that mass mail voter ballets to the voters on their voter rolls create much opportunity for voter fraud that has both a low probability of being detected and in many cases a low risk to perpetrators even if it is detected.

Suppose Bill and Mary are a couple. Bill picks up Mary's ballot and fills it out to his liking and gets Mary to sign it. Then he mails both his ballot and Mary's ballot in. Bill and Mary have just commented voter fraud. Perhaps Mary didn't really care about voting and would not have shown up at the poll to vote in person. Mary just gave Bill two votes. This type of voter fraud will never be detected. With some elections being decided by less than 1/2 a percentage point, this can make a difference because it won't be just Bill and Mary doing this.

This is just one example of how voting fraud can occur without being detected. With billions of dollars being spent on elections, if people can devise ways to work the system, they will.

Billions of dollars being spent on elections is a way to cheat.

Suppose Bill and Mary are a couple. Bill picks up Mary's ballot and fill it out to his liking and gets Mary to sign it. Then he mails both his ballot and Mary's ballot in. Bill and Mary have just commented voter fraud. Perhaps Mary didn't really care about voting and would not have shown up at the poll to vote in person. Mary just gave Bill two votes. This type of voter fraud will never be detected. With some elections being decided by less than 1/2 a percentage point, this can make a difference because it won't be just Bill and Mary doing this.

I have listened to this voter fraud thing since the 1980's and still, to this day, conservatives have never demonstrated there really is significant voter fraud. So, like so many other RW things, I will believe it when I see it. You guys are simply trying to fix a nonexistent problem by restricting people from voting that will probably vote against your side. It is really transparent attempt to restrict the vote since your party is losing the demographics.

I have listened to this voter fraud thing since the 1980's and still, to this day, conservatives have never demonstrated there really is significant voter fraud. So, like so many other RW things, I will believe it when I see it. You guys are simply trying to fix a nonexistent problem by restricting people from voting that will probably vote against your side. It is really transparent attempt to restrict the vote since your party is losing the demographics.
Damn! Of course if the system is not set up to detect the voter fraud..... then it will go undetected. I gave you a simple example of how it could happen..... UNDETECTED. So once again... you are like the bartender that denies an underage drinking problem that doesn't card his customers.

Damn! Of course if the system is not set up to detect the voter fraud..... then it will go undetected. I gave you a simple example of how it could happen..... UNDETECTED. So once again... you are like the bartender that denies an underage drinking problem that doesn't card his customers.
Again, how it could happen.

I don't see the problem. I think we should be able to vote on line.
I don't. It's too easy to corrupt the process.

Voting is ridiculously easy as it is why do you people whine so much about it?

I don't. It's too easy to corrupt the process.

Voting is ridiculously easy as it is why do you people whine so much about it?
Who is you people? I think all Americans who can legally vote should be encouraged to. If there is some real voter fraud it should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law, if not, don't try to restrict others voting.

Who is you people? I think all Americans who can legally vote should be encouraged to. If there is some real voter fraud it should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law, if not, don't try to restrict others voting.
You people who are whining about how hard it is to cast a vote.

It's not very difficult.

And if yo want to stop fraud you require voting in person and the showing of an ID

It's not very difficult.

And if yo want to stop fraud you require voting in person and the showing of an ID

Again, there is no proof there is any fraud of any account.

It's not very difficult.

Sure, remember when the Donald formed a committee to track down the voter fraud because he was butt hurt after Hillary beat him in the popular vote? What came of that? There is no widespread voter fraud.

Sure, remember when the Donald formed a committee to track down the voter fraud because he was butt hurt after Hillary beat him in the popular vote? What came of that? There is no widespread voter fraud.
I never claimed there was any fraud.

Forum List

Back