Republican lawyer. We must try and curtail college students from voting.

I support some of the things Republicans pretend to support. A balanced budget and addressing the deficit.

I support some of the things Republicans do support. I'm pro-life and I support the 2nd Amendment.

Things like this among other actions are why I can not vote Republican.

A top Republican lawyer told donors at a Republican National Committee (RNC) retreat last weekend that conservatives should work to limit voting on college campuses.

Cleta Mitchell, a GOP lawyer who assisted former President Trump in his efforts to overturn the 2020 election, called on Saturday for Republicans to “combat” efforts to turnout college voters — a group that significantly tilts Democratic.

Top Republican lawyer tells donors conservatives should work to limit voting on college campuses

Voting should be one of our most sacred rights. We should be working to make voting easier for all, not harder for those some don't want voting.
This lawyer is the same dipshit who was on Trump's infamous call to Georgia to manufacture fake votes.

And why does that enrage you?

The idea that voting is convenient and safe

hahahahah why is it that every time, a Conservative or somewhat conservative view point or Angle is expressed/ talked about.... Democrats or progressives have to assume the other person is angry or enraged??

THAT is half the problem with discourse in this country.

We don't need indoctrinated morons voting.

Telling or programming people to vote the way YOU want them to vote to advance the agenda of your own private group of people for your own benefit is not voting. That is not what the Founders intended. Voting is more than ginning up numbers of bodies to pull levers, it was meant to reflect the actual will of an intelligent and informed populace.

Telling or programming people to vote the way YOU want them to vote to advance the agenda of your own private group of people for your own benefit is not voting. That is not what the Founders intended. Voting is more than ginning up numbers of bodies to pull levers, it was meant to reflect the actual will of an intelligent and informed populace.
Democrats are vile disgusting creatures who CHEAT.

No, she is wrong

Just because you do not agree with how someone votes does not mean you should not allow them to vote.

You used to be better than this
I have always had this position.
Voters are why we no longer have a constitutional govt, taxes are high and our rights get eroded daily. They are why corrupt govt officials stay in office and continue to stay corrupt.
Fuck them stupid, greedy assholes.

First Republicans blocked College Students from voting in the College town they reside.

Now, they want to block them from absentee voting in their home town

And Democrats want 16-year olds to vote. What does that tell you? The more immature(and ignorant), the more likely to vote Democrat. That is a well known, tried and true fact.

And Democrats want 16-year olds to vote. What does that tell you? The more immature(and ignorant), the more likely to vote Democrat. That is a well known, tried and true fact.
Someone may have floated the idea but it has no serious backing.
Restricting voting opportunities is evident throughout the GOP

The more immature(and ignorant), the more likely to vote Democrat

Code for …..Republicans have become a party of old white men.
That is why they try to restrict anyone who isn’t

No, she is wrong

Just because you do not agree with how someone votes does not mean you should not allow them to vote.

You used to be better than this

It is not about agreeing or disagreeing with them. It is about allowing the president of our country to be elected by people who aren’t mature enough to make an informed decision. Granted, there are plenty of older adults who fit that description, but clearly age is a huge factor when it comes to making insightful and prudent decisions due to lack of experience from which to draw such wisdom. If it isn’t, may as well allow anyone, from birth to grave, the right to vote. Something tells me that Democrats would be perfectly fine with the middle-schoolers voting.

No, it isn’t code for anything nor did I mention race, you did.

There is something wrong with YOU if you believe that a 16-year old is as wise as you and will make as an informed decision. Yeah, most kids agree with YOU. What does that tell you about yourself and your level of insight?

It is not about agreeing or disagreeing with them. It is about allowing the president of our country to be elected by people who aren’t mature enough to make an informed decision. Granted, there are plenty of older adults who fit that description, but clearly age is a huge factor when it comes to making insightful and prudent decisions due to lack of experience from which to draw such wisdom.

Well shit then I guess we need to make the voting age 45 so that everyone has plenty of wisdom to fall back on.

Great plan :rolleyes:

Odin knows we do not want to give future generations a say in what they will be left after we are dead and gone.

• Funny
Reactions: DBA
There is something wrong with YOU if you believe that a 16-year old is as wise as you and will make as an informed decision.

Most 16 year olds I have known are far wiser than the vast majority of hyper partisan people on this forum.

Do you really think that those who get all their information from one side or the other are "informed"?

Well shit then I guess we need to make the voting age 45 so that everyone has plenty of wisdom to fall back on.

Great plan :rolleyes:

Odin knows we do not want to give future generations a say in what they will be left after we are dead and gone.

Then eliminate any age requirement. Children can vote and we will live in a Democratic’s Utopia. Free PS5’s for everyone!

Then eliminate any age requirement. Children can vote and we will live in a Democratic’s Utopia. Free PS5’s for everyone!

Why not use the age of adulthood like we do now.

There are a lot of things we do not let children do.

Lets just be honest here, if college kids tended to vote for your beloved party you would be pushing for it to be easier for them to vote.

Most 16 year olds I have known are far wiser than the vast majority of hyper partisan people on this forum.

Do you really think that those who get all their information from one side or the other are "informed"?

The wise ones are the ones that are intelligent and informed enough to break from the peer pressure of voting for Democrats based on some untainable Utopian ideal. You aren’t talking about those wise ones though, but the wise ones that go along with the crowd, right?

That is not true. Propaganda and people educated into hating others as a response to things in the past not just for them has us at a precipice of a new governing system. And many people are too stupid to realize it. This is not what I bought into when younger. All of the criminal codes are still there. Just because it is not enforced in certain areas does not mean there is more freedom. And frankly, freedom is not doing what we are seeing on a daily basis. You know when a civilization is slowly dying when the young and the old are disrespected.

The wise ones are the ones that are intelligent and informed enough to break from the peer pressure of voting for Democrats based on some untainable Utopian ideal. You aren’t talking about those wise ones though, but the wise ones that go along with the crowd, right?

This from the sheep that goes along with whatever his beloved party tells him.

The lack of self awareness from you people is just shocking some days.

Forum List

Back