Republican lawyer. We must try and curtail college students from voting.

What is “Free Stuff”?

You mean doing things for the people instead of corporations?

Without corporations, where would the kids who want "free" college work? They could start their own corporation, but then they would be shunned and punished.

It is not about agreeing or disagreeing with them. It is about allowing the president of our country to be elected by people who aren’t mature enough to make an informed decision.

If they are not mature enough to vote, they aren't mature enough to get sent off to die in some stupid war. If they are being asked to put their lives on the line, they have every right to vote for those doing that.

If they are not mature enough to vote, they aren't mature enough to get sent off to die in some stupid war. If they are being asked to put their lives on the line, they have every right to vote for those doing that.

It has nothing to do with them being mature or not, it is just about them not voting how people like DBA wants them to vote.

I am not making the argument that they shouldn't be able to vote. I am merely pointing out that the least experienced in our society tend to lean heavily towards the Democratic Party and that doesn't seem to bother more mature adults who agree with them.

I am not making the argument that they shouldn't be able to vote. I am merely pointing out that the least experienced in our society tend to lean heavily towards the Democratic Party and that doesn't seem to bother more mature adults who agree with them.

YOUNGER VOTERS TENDING TO GIVE REAGAN SUPPORT (Published 1984)

I believe it's simply a fact the Republican candidates are giving young people no reason to vote for them.

YOUNGER VOTERS TENDING TO GIVE REAGAN SUPPORT (Published 1984)

I believe it's simply a fact the Republican candidates are giving young people no reason to vote for them.
True, they aren't promising free things....they aren't handing out free money...etc

You OP is flawed as well, and just more propaganda...it's a recent trend, largely lead by dems to get college kids to vote, not in their homes, but where they got to school...which is silly....why should a kid say from Delaware, who lives there, and is only in say State College PA going to college, vote in State College PA?

True, they aren't promising free things....they aren't handing out free money...etc

But they do.

‘Here’s your check’: Trump’s massive payouts to farmers will be hard to pull back

You OP is flawed as well, and just more propaganda...it's a recent trend, largely lead by dems to get college kids to vote, not in their homes, but where they got to school...which is silly....why should a kid say from Delaware, who lives there, and is only in say State College PA going to college, vote in State College PA?

I have long supported making it easier for ALL to vote. Want to expand access to those in a retirement community? I support that.

But they do.

‘Here’s your check’: Trump’s massive payouts to farmers will be hard to pull back

I have long supported making it easier for ALL to vote. Want to expand access to those in a retirement community? I support that.
1) Farmers are students? what? Moreover, Farm Subs and Insurance have been US policy since FDR signed the Agricultural Adjustiment Act as part of the New Deal...
2) It is easy to vote if you are out of town, such as in College...it's called absentee ballots...that's literally what they are for...they are not for people that simply are to lazy to go to the polling station.

I agree voting should be as easy as possible. But I really can never recall Republicans trying to enable more legal voters to vote. Maybe they have and I did not google it, but it seems Repubs are always making it more difficult. Sounds like this guys just said the quite part out loud.
Voting is already pretty easy. What do you want, a voting booth in every driveway?

1) Farmers are students? what? Moreover, Farm Subs and Insurance have been US policy since FDR signed the Agricultural Adjustiment Act as part of the New Deal...

Deflect all you want.

2) It is easy to vote if you are out of town, such as in College...it's called absentee ballots...that's literally what they are for...they are not for people that simply are to lazy to go to the polling station.

I will always stand by my position. We should seek to set a new voting record every election.

Voting is already pretty easy. What do you want, a voting booth in every driveway?
dembots are lazy, selfish people in general....they want someone to tell them who to vote for, and they want someone to provide internet service for them, and a phone, so they can just click on a link and vote for the person they were told to vote for.

If by some slim chance they go to a voting booth, they will want food and drink provide for them while they wait to vote for the person that they were told to vote for.

Deflect all you want.

I will always stand by my position. We should seek to set a new voting record every election.
1) hahah I'm deflecting? You are the one that brought up farmers when we were talking about students....and brought up New Deal legislation for some odd reason
2) I don't disagree with your second point.. But I don't think allowing someone to vote in a place they don't live is making things easier to vote...in fact all it's doing is corrupting the voting in the State they don't live.

1) hahah I'm deflecting? You are the one that brought up farmers when we were talking about students...

No, we were discussing giving money away.

They do.

Philosophically, what is the downside of that? Every eligible voter should be able to obtain knowledge on the candidates and referendum easily, and in turn easily vote yes?

Without corporations, where would the kids who want "free" college work? They could start their own corporation, but then they would be shunned and punished.

Without the workers, where would wealth be generated?

Philosophically, what is the downside of that? Every eligible voter should be able to obtain knowledge on the candidates and referendum easily, and in turn easily vote yes?
How much easier does it need to be?

And philosophically sound doesn't always mean financially sound.

Forum List

Back