Republican Plan For Fiscal Sanity

Or maybe because you can build the strawman that sez because the federal gubmint won't do it, nobody will?

Well, I'm being beat over the head by the conservative "free market will cure anything" BS, even though there is evidence everywhere around us to the contrary... what would take its place? Anytime ANYTHING utilitywise is deregulated, the cost to the consumer does NOT go down, but UP. It just doesn't.

Shocking electricity prices follow deregulation - USATODAY.com
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvLZBv8HsO4]YouTube - The Smartest Guys in the Room - California and Traders[/ame]

Well, that is very nice and all, and at least the GOP is offering something, but the party long ago abandoned it's fiscal responsibility roots and embraced bizarre and irresponsible supply side tax theories. Most of these bozos were in Congress when they presided over some of the most reckless fiscal policies in the history of the nation. Remember that the FY2009 budget, which had a budget deficit of $1.4 trillion was Bush's last budget, which included little in the way of new spending initiatives from the Democrat Congress. So these clowns have almost zero credibility. But at least it's a start.

As for the plan, it demonstrates once again that the party is not serious about the deficit. The accumulated deficit over the next 10 years will be pushing $5 trillion. $1.3 trillion in cuts barely makes a dent in the necessary spending cuts. 75 percent of the budget is SS, Medicare and defense. You simply cannot make any real headway unless you slash these three items. Or raise taxes. Saying you are going to cut federal government employees might make us all feel good, but it is bullshit when dealing with the deficit as government operations is a rounding error in the total budget.

Americans are living in a fantasy land. There are going to have to be either deep cuts in spending or big tax increases to deal with our fiscal mess, and it will almost certainly take a crisis for people to realize this.

The idea of fiscally conservative Republicans has always been a fantasy. The deficit exploded under Reagan. And when Obama gives the first honest budget, one including both wars and the Bush tax cuts and all the other "hidden costs", Republicans go nuts, as if they had nothing to do with it.

And their solution is "do nothing". Figures.

Kill the department of education and the EPA for starters.

Why? Because you like having no recourse for companies that poison the air and water... and you want all schools corporation run, correct? Because corporations know what is best for profits - erm - I mean your children and the environment...

Total expenditures of all federal government operations is $22 billion. Total government spending is $3.8 trillion. Thus, the entire infrastructure of the government is 0.06% of the total budget. Getting rid of the DoE and the EPA is not a start. It is irrelevant.

Or maybe because you can build the strawman that sez because the federal gubmint won't do it, nobody will?

Well, I'm being beat over the head by the conservative "free market will cure anything" BS, even though there is evidence everywhere around us to the contrary... what would take its place? Anytime ANYTHING utilitywise is deregulated, the cost to the consumer does NOT go down, but UP. It just doesn't.

Shocking electricity prices follow deregulation - USATODAY.com
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvLZBv8HsO4]YouTube - The Smartest Guys in the Room - California and Traders[/ame]
You really think you can pass off people manipulating one of the most strictly controlled markets (despite claims of tepid "dereguation") in America as laissez-faire, to anyone but a stone idiot like rdunce?

Stooge. :lol::lol::lol:

Bridges are falling into the river @ rush hour?

Where?

Anyway, Are you saying under 6 years of a Republican majority they were supposed to fix 200 years of infrastructure? Wow... then Obama should have had this oil spill mopped up in, say, 30 minutes?

What a douche you are.

By Paul Levy, Star Tribune

Last update: August 2, 2007 - 8:24 AM

Emergency crews have resumed their recovery and clean up efforts at the scene of the Interstate 35W bridge that collapsed during rush hour Wednesday evening.

070802_collapse_hmed_12a.h2.jpg

4 dead, 79 injured, 20 missing after dozens of vehicles plummet into river | StarTribune.com

There are numerous federal reports showing that over 75,000 bridges are structurally unsafe dating back to before 2005. I won't even go into road, railways and power grids.

I'm only a douche, but you are a idiot moron. Typical.

How soon they forget.

Republican/conservatives on this board are whining crybabies. They can't take the facts. They scream "liar" and when confronted with the truth, they skulk away to another thread to tell more of their lies.

What is clear is that the Republicans have been offering up alternative plans - and predictably those plans have been ignored by Pelosi and Co.

Now they are finally getting far more organized and public with their opposition.

It would appear the Tea Party movement has finally seeped into the thick skulls of the Republican Party establishment...
Were that true, they'd have a lot bolder of a reputed plan.

All the RNC goobers are doing is promising more of the same-old-same-old timid turd polish, that will never get implemented should they unexpectedly gain control.....Just like '94.

Hey Jethro...the teabaggers are NOT libertarians or conservatives...they are BUSHIES

In '08, pea brains dismissed Obama's victory by portraying voters casting their ballots for him because he wasn't George W. Bush. But the teabaggers actually DID vote AGAINST Obama because he wasn't George W. Bush...

By Paul Levy, Star Tribune

Last update: August 2, 2007 - 8:24 AM

Emergency crews have resumed their recovery and clean up efforts at the scene of the Interstate 35W bridge that collapsed during rush hour Wednesday evening.

070802_collapse_hmed_12a.h2.jpg

4 dead, 79 injured, 20 missing after dozens of vehicles plummet into river | StarTribune.com

There are numerous federal reports showing that over 75,000 bridges are structurally unsafe dating back to before 2005. I won't even go into road, railways and power grids.

I'm only a douche, but you are a idiot moron. Typical.

How soon they forget.

Republican/conservatives on this board are whining crybabies. They can't take the facts. They scream "liar" and when confronted with the truth, they skulk away to another thread to tell more of their lies.
Name one single federal republican policy that directly led to the I-35 bridge collapse, blockhead.

Hey Jethro...the teabaggers are NOT libertarians or conservatives...they are BUSHIES

In '08, pea brains dismissed Obama's victory by portraying voters casting their ballots for him because he wasn't George W. Bush. But the teabaggers actually DID vote AGAINST Obama because he wasn't George W. Bush...
If we need any shit from you, we'll send someone over to squeeze your head.

That was my point... blaming Republicans for a bridge collapse is like blaming Democrats for 9/11. Utter douchery. With all that being said, I think that while it is nice to see something from the Repubs... I think it would be even more refreshing for some harsh honesty.. something along the lines of...

Medicare Prescription drug coverage - GONE
US Departmen of Energy, Education, etc. - GONE
Unemployment Benefits - 6 months.. THAT'S IT
Foodstamps - 6 months.. THAT'S IT
Welfare - 6 months.. THAT'S IT
Death Tax - GONE
Obamacare - GONE
Financial Reform - DEAD.. do-over.
TARP - DEAD
GM - Fuck You... Figure it out yourself, you made this mess..
AIG - FUCK YOU, we want our money back.
Union Pension Bailouts - FUCK YOU... Figure it out yourself, you made this mess..
CA Bailout - FUCK YOU... Figure it out yourself, you made this mess..
Eliminate Fed jobs through attrition.
"Too Big To Fail" - I DON'T THINK SO.

Etc, etc., etc.

That'd be a nice start and refreshing to hear.

Repeal the Bush/Republican drug give a way (the most irresponsible bill in US history) and that would save 1.3 trillion on just one program.

did you vote for obie wan? you do know of course the demoncwats led by obie wan promised to cut the "donut hole" in half.. wonder how much that will add.. cause by the time that goes into effect all the baby boomers will be retired.. hypocrite much?

You really think you can pass off people manipulating one of the most strictly controlled markets (despite claims of tepid "dereguation") in America as laissez-faire, to anyone but a stone idiot like rdunce?

Stooge.

Could that have happened under the regulated market? NO. Did Enron convince California to deregulate? YES. Did they have a friend in Shrub when the fit hit the shan and they were playing california's power supply like a marionette? You betcha. You really should watch this documentary all the way through. It's pretty disgusting. POINT BEING, COULD ENRON GET AWAY WITH THIS UNDER A REGULATED MARKET? Answer: No. DID ENRON DO THIS FOR MASSIVE PROFIT AT THE EXPENSE OF CALIFORNIA TO THE TUNE OF 30 BILLION DOLLARS? Answer: Yes, they did.

And you want to turn America's schools and clean air and water over to money-hungry-there-but-for-profit-go I-corporate thieves? Why? Why does that make sense to you? My question was, if you take away DOE and EPA, what would take its place???

They say it, but they won't do it.

I haven't forgotten 1995.

Hey DUD...you rush to condemn anything posted from the Huffington Post or Salon...but not a peep about Michele Malkin's Hot Air??? That site is far more partisan than Huffington Post or Salon. It is PURE RNC propaganda.

At least they criticize Obama and Democrats on Huffington Post.

They say it, but they won't do it.

I haven't forgotten 1995.

Hey DUD...you rush to condemn anything posted from the Huffington Post or Salon...but not a peep about Michele Malkin's Hot Air??? That site is far more partisan than Huffington Post or Salon. It is PURE RNC propaganda.

At least they criticize Obama and Democrats on Huffington Post.

What do these have to with one another?

If we need any shit from you, we'll send someone over to squeeze your head.

WOW, where did you learn that one? From the spectator of life sitting next to you in the peanut gallery?

That was my point... blaming Republicans for a bridge collapse is like blaming Democrats for 9/11. Utter douchery. With all that being said, I think that while it is nice to see something from the Repubs... I think it would be even more refreshing for some harsh honesty.. something along the lines of...

Death Tax - GONE
Obamacare - GONE
TARP - DEAD
Union Pension Bailouts - FUCK YOU... Figure it out yourself, you made this mess..

If you want to go and live in a 3rd world country, be our guest. I hear Russia is awful unless you're an oligarch. I think if anything gets cut, it's bring our soldiers home, cut the lining of pockets of the MIC set up by bushco and start actually DEFENDING this country. Leave spending that helps our citizens alone. Oh, and ALL income should be taxed, including the millions that investors are making. If my wages are taxed at 30%, their investments should be too. It isn't like they're re-investing and making JOBS or lending. Nice job on those useless tax cuts by the way, they were AWESOME for the economy. Moron.

Death Tax - GONE
Obamacare - GONE
TARP - DEAD

Etc, etc., etc.

That'd be a nice start and refreshing to hear.

Actually THAT would be an END, not a start. The end of America and the beginning of DEATH watches. You fucking right wing ignorant scum bag morons answer to every problem is PUNISHMENT...

Actually THAT would be an END, not a start. The end of America and the beginning of DEATH watches. You fucking right wing ignorant scum bag morons answer to every problem is PUNISHMENT...

Look at Greece right now. Because they accepted IMF funds, they have to do the same "shock therapy" that destroyed S. America and Poland - and produced the likes of Pinochet and many other butchers. I can't believe the Greek government would do that to its citizens. Get ready to see people "disappeared".

Forum List

Back