Republicans: Do you have a breaking point with Trump?

Status
Not open for further replies.
happy to know there are still republicans with enough brain cells to see through the BS.
Well, that would be great, but I'm a left-leaning independent who voted for Hillary...
So you should be happy that he has adopted all of her significant policies, yes?

Trump Flips On Five Core Campaign Promises In Under 24 Hours | Zero Hedge

Where I'm standing, except for that SCOTUS pick, the nation doesn't look significantly different than it would under a Hillary presidency.
Right now, yeah. He only has so much time, though, with the 2018 elections getting into gear. If Republican congresspeople facing tough elections see in their internal polling that he's a drag on them, they'll be tough for him to deal with.

He made some pretty big promises, we'll see.

I agree that the morons in tHE gop will not ask themselves if they should trust the polls that were completely wrong last time.
Oh yeah, sure they will. I don't know much about polling, but localized internal polling may be more accurate than national public polling. Who knows.

Your faith in the intelligence of the GOP leadership seems very naive.

Serious question: Back during the campaign, those of us who were not voting for Trump didn't believe that he'd be able to follow through on a pretty significant percentage of his promises. We were mocked, of course, but now that we know the ACA won't be repealed, that Mexico won't be paying for the wall, that Trump even backed out of requiring WE fund the wall, and that he's softening on NAFTA and NATO and other issues, I'd like to know:

Have you thought about how much leeway you'll give him on his promises before you'd stop supporting him?
happy to know there are still republicans with enough brain cells to see through the BS.
Well, that would be great, but I'm a left-leaning independent who voted for Hillary...
So you should be happy that he has adopted all of her significant policies, yes?

Where I'm standing, except for that SCOTUS pick, the nation doesn't look significantly different than it would under a Hillary presidency.
Right now, yeah. He only has so much time, though, with the 2018 elections getting into gear. If Republican congresspeople facing tough elections see in their internal polling that he's a drag on them, they'll be tough for him to deal with.

my repub. congressman is getting bombarded with calls and letters. Being stopped in the street to be asked about healthcare and education. He won't hold town halls, and stays pretty well hidden. He's having a rough time already.
No one cares what a bunch of paid protesters have to say. You are one gullible snowflake.

Yeah, there's no way to know.

I'm still trying to get my head around the fact that he would actually say that thing about the job being harder than he expected. The good news is, he'll say or tweet something any second now that will make me forget it.

The better news is, I'm sure that this is all a bad dream and I'll wake up soon.

Obviously, the man does not have that filter in his head that makes a person stop saying stupid things.

Did He not look at past presidents and notice how much they age during their terms?

Did He really think that He was going to be the boss and people would jump when He snaps His fingers?

In other words, his supporters didn't vote for him because of his policies or promises. They liked his entertainment value. He made them laugh; his speeches didn't put them to sleep. Reality TV star, willing to be rude, talks like a 3rd grader so no one is left out, tweets insults all night long. WHAT'S NOT TO LIKE?

So I could be President!!!

Oh, I was born in Canada to a Scottish\Lebanese mother and Irish\Italian Father, so no damn dice there!

Serious question: Back during the campaign, those of us who were not voting for Trump didn't believe that he'd be able to follow through on a pretty significant percentage of his promises. We were mocked, of course, but now that we know the ACA won't be repealed, that Mexico won't be paying for the wall, that Trump even backed out of requiring WE fund the wall, and that he's softening on NAFTA and NATO and other issues, I'd like to know:

Have you thought about how much leeway you'll give him on his promises before you'd stop supporting him?
I think part of his appeal may not have even specifically about issues, per se. Part of it was like a primal scream, people who have become so frustrated with the status quo that voting for him was like flipping the bird to the system. If that's the case, the individual decisions and legislation are essentially secondary.

You answered your question right there and Trump was the angry vote that usually goes third party but this time some stayed in the GOP to make sure Clinton would not win!

It had more to do with Clinton than if Trump fulfilled any of his promises and the USSC picks which in my opinion is not going to make the fringe voter happy at all!
Yeah, the fallback for Trump supporters (and really, this applies to pretty much any presidency, both parties) is that, regardless how much he disappoints, they can say "at least he isn't Hillary". I get that.

I was just hoping to squeeze a little intellectual honesty out and there have been some interesting responses. So, success!

Trump's presidency is a little more interesting to me, though, because he's such a loose cannon, and loose cannons certainly can blow up both sides.

Well according to some I am a Trump supporter ( yeah the love I shower that pathetic excuse of human waste ), let me be honest he did not realize the job would be this hard!

5 things learned from Trump's 100-day interview

When you have someone that had no idea how difficult it was to be President tell me he is clueless and can America afford on the job training for the most important job in this nation or even in the world?

I can not say he is a miserable failure because let be factual and admit you along with me did not have high expectations for him, but as you can see now members within his own political party are unwilling to work with him on key issues like the ACA.

So will this change the minds of the red state voters at this moment?

No.

Now after the 2018 elections if there is still massive learning needed to be done by Trump, and the GOP is still having hard time to work with Trump you could see the Democrats rising and taking the Oval Office again, but only if they do not run Clinton or Warren.

Why?

Because by then Trump shine will wear off and Red Staters will be ready to either move on or not vote in 2020.

Just my opinion and hope Trump prove me wrong but so far he has shown he is clueless like me with a teenage girl at a club!

I'm still trying to get my head around the fact that he would actually say that thing about the job being harder than he expected. The good news is, he'll say or tweet something any second now that will make me forget it.

The better news is, I'm sure that this is all a bad dream and I'll wake up soon.

Nightmare on Elm Street would be a sweet dream compare to this Nightmare this nation is enduring!
Yeah...phew.......we sure dodged a bullet.......
Hillary could have won.

In other words, his supporters didn't vote for him because of his policies or promises. They liked his entertainment value. He made them laugh; his speeches didn't put them to sleep. Reality TV star, willing to be rude, talks like a 3rd grader so no one is left out, tweets insults all night long. WHAT'S NOT TO LIKE?

Oh, I was born in Canada to a Scottish\Lebanese mother and Irish\Italian Father, so no damn dice there!

I think part of his appeal may not have even specifically about issues, per se. Part of it was like a primal scream, people who have become so frustrated with the status quo that voting for him was like flipping the bird to the system. If that's the case, the individual decisions and legislation are essentially secondary.

You answered your question right there and Trump was the angry vote that usually goes third party but this time some stayed in the GOP to make sure Clinton would not win!

It had more to do with Clinton than if Trump fulfilled any of his promises and the USSC picks which in my opinion is not going to make the fringe voter happy at all!
Yeah, the fallback for Trump supporters (and really, this applies to pretty much any presidency, both parties) is that, regardless how much he disappoints, they can say "at least he isn't Hillary". I get that.

I was just hoping to squeeze a little intellectual honesty out and there have been some interesting responses. So, success!

Trump's presidency is a little more interesting to me, though, because he's such a loose cannon, and loose cannons certainly can blow up both sides.

Just checking though, YOu did vote for Hilary, right?

Even though she torn this nation apart and completely supported the bullshit narrative, that the Left is currently using to support brown shirt street violence?
I don't have words to describe how much I disliked aligning myself politically with the Regressives by voting for Hillary, seriously.

I would have much preferred to vote third party, but I was going to vote for Hillary if either Trump or Cruz got the nomination.

Politics have been one long, horrific fucking nightmare for me since the day Trump came down that escalator.

If 2020 has Trump running against some lefty that does excuse making for the street violence we have seen in Berkeley, will that be your breaking point with the dems?
I'd most likely vote third party. I just don't see myself voting for Trump.

But I'm happy to be proven wrong.

Obviously, the man does not have that filter in his head that makes a person stop saying stupid things.

Did He not look at past presidents and notice how much they age during their terms?

Did He really think that He was going to be the boss and people would jump when He snaps His fingers?
I don't think he expected Democrats to literally be enemies of the state. I think he expected them to be accountable to the nation they live in and represent.
Well, if he thought that he was mistaken.

I was heartbroken he could win any type of election in our country. That being said I was willing to give him a chance, until he assembled his cabinet. He promised to be everyone's president then surrounded himself with racists and homophobes.

You know this country is doomed when you that see people like you get to vote.
I know this country is doomed when people like you make it to adulthood. Surely such an imbecile would have caused his own demise by now, survival of the fittest. You live either a very sheltered life or you are no adult. I think the latter.
I'm rubber. You're glue . . . . . . .

What a fucking dork.

I have understood for a long time that what someone promises during a campaign and what they can do when they are elected are very different things.

I don't feel any disappointment. I just think you folks expect too much from him and don't expect anything from Democrats. So what if they lie to us. We expect that, right?
I have no use for either party, or either end of the spectrum. Indeed, both ends are hypocrites, as you point out.

I can, however, honestly say that I hope the country does great. Regardless of the political affiliation of the current temporary White House occupant.

Even though she torn this nation apart and completely supported the bullshit narrative, that the Left is currently using to support brown shirt street violence?
I don't have words to describe how much I disliked aligning myself politically with the Regressives by voting for Hillary, seriously.

I would have much preferred to vote third party, but I was going to vote for Hillary if either Trump or Cruz got the nomination.

Politics have been one long, horrific fucking nightmare for me since the day Trump came down that escalator.

If 2020 has Trump running against some lefty that does excuse making for the street violence we have seen in Berkeley, will that be your breaking point with the dems?

Wouldnt be the first time, bud.

Yep.

How about you?

I have understood for a long time that what someone promises during a campaign and what they can do when they are elected are very different things.

I don't feel any disappointment. I just think you folks expect too much from him and don't expect anything from Democrats. So what if they lie to us. We expect that, right?
I have no use for either party, or either end of the spectrum. Indeed, both ends are hypocrites, as you point out.

I can, however, honestly say that I hope the country does great. Regardless of the political affiliation of the current temporary White House occupant.
I think your heart is in the right place but you're ideology is out in the weeds.

I agree that the morons in tHE gop will not ask themselves if they should trust the polls that were completely wrong last time.
Oh yeah, sure they will. I don't know much about polling, but localized internal polling may be more accurate than national public polling. Who knows.
All the media is doing now is trying to gin up anti-Trump sentiment. Female Fox News pundits for the most part are against him. Tucker Carlson and Sean Hannity still back him up, but that's it.

Face it. Almost every journalist is a liberal. Any that aren't are under assault.
"almost every journalist is a liberal"

Correct. There seems to be a direct connection between being a well educated and literate adult, and being liberal.

I was heartbroken he could win any type of election in our country. That being said I was willing to give him a chance, until he assembled his cabinet. He promised to be everyone's president then surrounded himself with racists and homophobes.

I know this country is doomed when people like you make it to adulthood. Surely such an imbecile would have caused his own demise by now, survival of the fittest. You live either a very sheltered life or you are no adult. I think the latter.

What a fucking dork.
Recess time is over, Kiddo. Have a lollipop, and shut your mouth.

Zero point 7
Let that sink in Retarded Right Wingers.

0.7% was Trumpovitch's growth rate in his first quarterly report.

SUCKERS!

Yep.

How about you?
I learned Trump's language. Only an idiot takes him too literally. The press uses it against him, but it allows him to accomplish what nobody else can or will accomplish.

Try reading his book. It's still available on Amazon.

I think your heart is in the right place but you're ideology is out in the weeds.
He comes in this forum and submit post after post attacking all the garbage that Hillary supports, and then he goes and votes for the beast.

:cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo:

What a fucking dork.
Recess time is over, Kiddo. Have a lollipop, and shut your mouth.

You think you get to determine who can speak?

That is so beautifully liberal!

Well according to some I am a Trump supporter ( yeah the love I shower that pathetic excuse of human waste ), let me be honest he did not realize the job would be this hard!

When you have someone that had no idea how difficult it was to be President tell me he is clueless and can America afford on the job training for the most important job in this nation or even in the world?

I can not say he is a miserable failure because let be factual and admit you along with me did not have high expectations for him, but as you can see now members within his own political party are unwilling to work with him on key issues like the ACA.

No.

Now after the 2018 elections if there is still massive learning needed to be done by Trump, and the GOP is still having hard time to work with Trump you could see the Democrats rising and taking the Oval Office again, but only if they do not run Clinton or Warren.

Why?

Because by then Trump shine will wear off and Red Staters will be ready to either move on or not vote in 2020.

Just my opinion and hope Trump prove me wrong but so far he has shown he is clueless like me with a teenage girl at a club!

Yeah, so I've done a full search, am I the only one? I just can't seem to find the full unedited interview. Why?

The MSM tells us it is 42 minutes, I'd like to hear it all.

No.

Why?

Phfffffft.

I don't think he actually said that.

He has been misquoted so many times I doubt everything the anyone says about him. Unless I hear him say that, it's bullshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back