Republicans fear they will win ObamaCare court battle

Actually, it's pretty simple........

All the Republicans have to do is pass the fix, then send it to Obama......

Keeeee-rect! But why didn't they just go ahead and do that to begin with, and avoid having to go to the Supreme Court? Why did they force a constitutional crisis in the first place?

Did the Republicans lose the recipe for how to amend a law? I DON'T THINK SO!

Once the idiot vetoes it, and the Democrats refuse to override the veto, all of the repercussions can be blamed on Obozo and the do-nothing Democrats.....

I look forward to your explanation why on earth Obama and the Democrats (now playing at the Holiday Inn!) would veto subsidies for the federal exchange.
Actually, Obama won't sign a change to his pet program..... Just watch and see.....
Again, why would Obama refuse to sign an amendment to the ACA which would permit federal subsidies for the federal exchange? He clearly wants subsidies for the federal exchange.
Those would only be temporary.... But we'll see....
Say what?

Obiwan, the President has already signed 17 changes to the ACA passed by Congress.

So...please explain why on earth Obama would not sign a change that permitted subsidies for the federal exchange.

The fix could have easily been passed a long time ago. But, for whatever reason, the GOP preferred to create a constitutional crisis over the subsidies instead.

Actually, it's pretty simple........

All the Republicans have to do is pass the fix, then send it to Obama......

Once the idiot vetoes it, and the Democrats refuse to override the veto, all of the repercussions can be blamed on Obozo and the do-nothing Democrats.....
The gop's problem is that there are three options. It is likely in the House that the number of gop reps who will refuse any fix, beyond yet another ineffectual vote to repeal Obamacare, will make it impossible to pass a fix that creates a temporary patch to continue the subsidies unless Boehner brings it up for a vote needing dem support to pass, and he would possibly lose the speakership if he did that .... even while Obama, Reid and Pelsoi all say they'll support it, along with at least some goper Senators.

So, the gop can just let the subsidies die, and face the voters in swing states who lost coverage. Or, try and enact an actual replacement for the entire law ... in an election year, that will surely be vetoed. That would make HC one of the two or three biggest campaign issues for the WH, and one in which the gop in irretrievably split amongst those who feel the govt may not do anything (even though the tax credits to employer sponsored care we've had for decades have been doing something) and those who actually want to govern.
They never had a plan to deal with the aftermath if they actually succeeded in repealing or sabotaging Obamacare. These people define the word "hubris".
Well, there are some in the party who want to use the tax revenues to establish tax credits. And there are some states that got waivers to use the Medicaid money for that. Arkansas, I believe. Whether the revenue is actually enough to fund private insurance is a question. But, the fact is enough in the party don't think the fed govt should be involved in healthcare, even though it has been since even before medicare and Medicaid ... back in the 50 and early 60s, that the gop probably cannot enact anything unless it's willing to chance a third party split. Or, unless someone like Kasich is running the show, and that ain't happening.

The fix could have easily been passed a long time ago. But, for whatever reason, the GOP preferred to create a constitutional crisis over the subsidies instead.
Obama care is the GOP's fault????????
:laugh::laugh2::link::lmao::lol:

Another incomprehension boi. What should we do with you people?

The GOP could have fixed the subsidy problem. They didn't. So that much is their fault.

Not all of the ACA is their fault, dumbass. But they could have fixed the subsidy problem very easily instead of forcing a constitutional crisis.

They fix laws of their own which were broken. So they know how to do that. They chose not to in this case.

I'm not sure it was intentional. I think they are split as to those in the camp of the govt shouldn't be involved in healthcare (e.g. don't socialize my medicare folks) and those who would do something but don't have the votes to do it without relying upon dems, and splitting the gop votes in the House.

I'm not sure it's a constitutional crisis either, but just another example of Boehner and McConnell being unable to marshal their troops.

The GOP could have fixed the subsidy problem. They didn't. So that much is their fault.

Not all of the ACA is their fault, dumbass. But they could have fixed the subsidy problem very easily instead of forcing a constitutional crisis.

They fix laws of their own which were broken. So they know how to do that. They chose not to in this case.
Ignore them?

Ignore them?
I prefer to educate them, though I should have learned by now just how futile an effort that is. This particular kind of stupidity is willful.

Nope but it will be their fault if it gets killed, not sure they are prepared to go on the defensive after so long trying to kill something they had every opportunity to repair to their satisfaction.

Coulter has been sinking from public view. When that happens to assholes like her, they tend to shriek more and more shrill claims to keep the spotlight on them.

She's a washed up has-been.

Nope but it will be their fault if it gets killed, not sure they are prepared to go on the defensive after so long trying to kill something they had every opportunity to repair to their satisfaction.
Newsflash!!!!!! the people hate Obamacare!

ObamaCare is tracking exactly the same way RomneyCare did. After a few years, a supermajority (75 percent) wanted RomneyCare to stay, even though 60 percent said it needed to be fixed.

So it is going with ObamaCare, exactly as I predicted a while ago. The ACA will continue to gain in popularity, while at the same time will need a lot of fixing.

The GOP still has not gotten this through their heads, which only speeds up my additional prediction that we will see single payer health care in our lifetime because of the GOP's willful stupidity.

Sometimes I think the GOP is being this stupid on purpose. I think the GOP establishment and the Dems agreed on single payer health care in some smoky back room a long time ago.

ObamaCare is tracking exactly the same way RomneyCare did
Not true...Obamacare was written so poorly it ended up in the highest court in our land. Why can't libs discern between State law and Federal law?

So what do Republicans do when they strip 6 million people of subsidies?

These people, most in red states, will find themselves with nothing because their republican legislatures wouldn't set up exchanges

Ball is in your court Republicans

These people, most in red states, will find themselves with nothing because their republican legislatures wouldn't set up exchanges

Can't they go to the ObamaCare website?
Isn't that why is was created?

Healthcare.Gov isn't it?
That is if the site is up and running....

They aren't striping anyone of anything. They warned Obama this will happen but Pelosi said we need to pass it to find out whats in it. To try and blame this mess on the GOP is about the most laughable ploy the left has tried up to date. The people are smarter than that. They know who's bill it is...his Muslim name is attached to it. OBAMACARE! say it with me libs OBAMACARE...OBAMACARE! Barry put his own name on it! :laugh:

Has nothing to do with the constitution unless you call the dear leader applying a defective law inappropriately a violation of the constitution. After all he gave money to people who didn't qualify under the law, that's called misappropriation of government funds, a felony.

Can't they go to the ObamaCare website?
Isn't that why is was created?

Healthcare.Gov isn't it?
That is if the site is up and running....

Yes they can

And receive no federal subsidies. For that they can thank their Republican representative for not providing an alternative

Forum List

Back