🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Republicans fight for below minimum wage jobs?

Republicans fight for below minimum wage jobs. What else do they have?
And without benefits? They end up needing food stamps and emergency room care paid for by workers.

What else are they qualified for?

This is what conservatives mean when they talk about freedom. It's the freedom of the rich and powerful to exploit the poor without any kind of gov't intrusion or oversight.

The government IS the rich and powerful and that's exactly what they do.

Only if we vote them into power. This country is still one person, one vote.

And without benefits? They end up needing food stamps and emergency room care paid for by workers.

The employers gets away with having the government pay their employees, while they pocket the difference. These are the people who hate government. :badgrin:

The employers gets away with having the government pay their employees, while they pocket the difference. These are the people who hate government. :badgrin:

Both extremes in this country are fucking nuts.:eusa_boohoo:

I don't care what Republicans want. I don't want government dictating how I earn a living.

Maybe these minimum wage people should become farmers. I don't mean the big corporate farms, but the family farmer with maybe 50 acres.

They're up before dawn and work until after dark.
They must work seven days a week, 52 weeks a year.
Cows don't know when it's Christmas, they must be milked.
He must plant crops, and pray for rain.
He's out in minus 20 degrees, and 100 degrees.

I read somewhere that if you break down the hours a family farmer works, it comes to about $4 an hour.
And without him, we have no food.

What would the price of food be if he demanded "just minimum wage"?

Maybe these minimum wage people should become farmers. I don't mean the big corporate farms, but the family farmer with maybe 50 acres.

They're up before dawn and work until after dark.
They must work seven days a week, 52 weeks a year.
Cows don't know when it's Christmas, they must be milked.
He must plant crops, and pray for rain.
He's out in minus 20 degrees, and 100 degrees.

I read somewhere that if you break down the hours a family farmer works, it comes to about $4 an hour.
And without him, we have no food.

What would the price of food be if he demanded "just minimum wage"?

1) Which is why there really is no such thing as a "Family Farmer" with only 50 acres of ground that only does that for a living. What you're referring to are "hobby farmers". They do the same thing with raising a few head of cattle.

2) Farmers actually get very little of the overall food price market so their "wages" have very little effect on the price of food.

3) I'm not surprised you only "read" about farming.

Getting paid while you are learning how to work is not a bad deal...try it dean...you might find it useful.

Forum List

Back