Republicans Plan to Obstruct the Constitution -- Again

The seat's not empty. You need to read up on how many Supreme court justices are needed.
Crimine FDR wanted like about 15

United States Code Title 28 Code § 1 specifies 9 Justices (1 Chief, 8 Associate) so if there are currently only the Chief Justice and 7 Associates, then ya - there is a seat emtpy. Six are required to make a quorum to rule on a case, that does not mean a seat is not empty.

28 U.S. Code § 1 - Number of justices; quorum

>>>>
That can be changed by an act of Congress. Let's see what happens after the election.

As an aside ben, they to this day shop for the best deal...it's just that there isn't one. The plans and the pricing have been standardized.
Don't even start with the different deductibles, when one starts paying is not as important as when one STOPS paying....and in the Bronze plans you stop at 6700 for an individual plan all the way up to 13400 for the aggregate plans.
Exactly so. The market is not transparent.

That wasn't what you said, you said they couldn't shop for the best deal.
It was far and away better pre-ACA, the problem was really less than scrupulous agents. A good agent made all the difference in the world.

At any rate the cat is out of the bag now, the easiest fix will be Medicare Style for all :(

I can hardly wait. The Veterans Administration model for everyone. I wonder how many will die waiting on a DC bureaucrat to OK cancer treatment?
Probably fewer than would die because they can't afford treatment.

The seat's not empty. You need to read up on how many Supreme court justices are needed.
Crimine FDR wanted like about 15
United States Code Title 28 Code § 1 specifies 9 Justices (1 Chief, 8 Associate) so if there are currently only the Chief Justice and 7 Associates, then ya - there is a seat emtpy. Six are required to make a quorum to rule on a case, that does not mean a seat is not empty.

28 U.S. Code § 1 - Number of justices; quorum

>>>>
That can be changed by an act of Congress. Let's see what happens after the election.

The claim was the seat is not empty, Just pointing out that under USC there are supposed to be 9 Justices (1 Chief, 8 Associate), if there are only 8 then 1 seat is in fact - "empty".

The election won't change that.

>>>>

...The election won't change that.
But Congress can change it, amirite?

Is there a movement that none of us have heard about that Congress is trying to change the number of Justices on the Supreme Court?

McConnell made it very clear, no nominee by Obama would be addressed by the Senate - they wanted the next President to make the nomination. Of course now it looks like it will be Clinton as the next President.

>>>>

As an aside ben, they to this day shop for the best deal...it's just that there isn't one. The plans and the pricing have been standardized.
Don't even start with the different deductibles, when one starts paying is not as important as when one STOPS paying....and in the Bronze plans you stop at 6700 for an individual plan all the way up to 13400 for the aggregate plans.

It was far and away better pre-ACA, the problem was really less than scrupulous agents. A good agent made all the difference in the world.

At any rate the cat is out of the bag now, the easiest fix will be Medicare Style for all :(

I can hardly wait. The Veterans Administration model for everyone. I wonder how many will die waiting on a DC bureaucrat to OK cancer treatment?

That is what the Emergency rooms are for. They are FREE.

...The election won't change that.
But Congress can change it, amirite?

Is there a movement that none of us have heard about that Congress is trying to change the number of Justices on the Supreme Court?

McConnell made it very clear, no nominee by Obama would be addressed by the Senate - they wanted the next President to make the nomination. Of course now it looks like it will be Clinton as the next President.

>>>>
They're a little busy at the moment with the election, but there are lots of movements including repealing the 17th Amendment, eliminating several Federal departments and tax reform. With so many anti-Nanny Staters in Congress, is there any doubt some favor a US title code change regarding SCOTUS?

Oooh, that'll save the tax payers a lot of money! Goddamn you guys are stupid.

I guess you are right. Just let those that can't afford health insurance die. I didn't know the taxpayers paid for Emergency room care. Is that true?

I guess you are right. Just let those that can't afford health insurance die. I didn't know the taxpayers paid for Emergency room care. Is that true?

EVERY ER has a sign that says they cannot be refused care.

They're a little busy at the moment with the election, but there are lots of movements including repealing the 17th Amendment, eliminating several Federal departments and tax reform. With so many anti-Nanny Staters in Congress, is there any doubt some favor a US title code change regarding SCOTUS?

We hold both the House and the Senate, show me one bill submitted by a Senator or Representative to change the number of Justices on the SCOTUS.

>>>>

Those costs have prompted financially strapped hospitals to rely on a complex system of shifting costs. Most of the burden falls on taxpayers, with the government providing tens of billions of dollars annually to help hospitals care for the uninsured. Privately insured Americans also pay a price as insurers raise premiums to reflect higher charges from hospitals.

Trauma in the ER: Who pays for the uninsured?

Forum List

Back