Republicans shut 'er down, boys!

I love it! The Republicans have now gone to "Plan E". which is to pass individuals bills in the house to fund government functions that are popular with their base, one at a time, like opening D.C tourist sites, etc:

Republicans Have Moved On To 'Plan E' In The Government Shutdown Fight - Yahoo Finance

They are desperately posturing to try to convince the people that they are the reasonable guys in this dogfight. The president, to his credit, says, "forgetaboutit! I'm not playing that game with you. We are not going to cherrypick and fund those functions of government that the republican party deems worthy of funding, and not those that the republican party determines is not worthy". (paraphrased)

Obama is simply saying "I will not allow you to avoid shutting down MY government"...
So what's the deal here? Politics.
Obama would rather look like he's the boss than fund the government.
Lib logic here is fascinating.

"Go along"....Or what?..
Liberal policies are so good, they have to be made mandatory, right chief?

Yeah..

Like paying 400 Billion for a spiffy new super sonic jet fighter.

Oh wait..that's not liberal.

And now the non-sequiturs will commence.

What non-sequitur?

The military is suddenly on a special magical pot of gold that doesn't cost the tax payer?

This is what you folks are squawking about, ain't it? The cost?

Well, we just spent 400 billion on a plane that won't stop terrorism, won't help defend the country or won't be used at all in any of the types of wars we've been fighting.

But heck..it's damn impressive, no?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBt-aQ1vObM]F35 AIR SHOW - YouTube[/ame]

Only 400 billion.

Mere bag of shells... :eusa_shifty:

I love it! The Republicans have now gone to "Plan E". which is to pass individuals bills in the house to fund government functions that are popular with their base, one at a time, like opening D.C tourist sites, etc:

Republicans Have Moved On To 'Plan E' In The Government Shutdown Fight - Yahoo Finance

They are desperately posturing to try to convince the people that they are the reasonable guys in this dogfight. The president, to his credit, says, "forgetaboutit! I'm not playing that game with you. We are not going to cherrypick and fund those functions of government that the republican party deems worthy of funding, and not those that the republican party determines is not worthy". (paraphrased)

Obama is simply saying "I will not allow you to avoid shutting down MY government"...

He is the boss.

2 elections say so.

And Republicans are making things up as they go along.

This is like a football team that loses the game but decides to lock down the stadium until the refs change their mind.

You seem to forget the whole process of how this got put in place.

ORIGINALLY, it was supposed to be single payer..then it went to a government option, then it went to this version which was the one used by Romney and initially put up as an "alternative" to HillaryCare by Bob Dole.

This has been compromised to death.

Actually the original Idea was to find a way to make healthcare more affordable. Obamcare fails so far..

Actually..

Reagan won an election, got into power, had an agenda, got his policies through congress, no one shut it down.

Bush won an election, got into power, had an agenda, got his policies through congress, no one shut it down.

Clinton won an election, got into power, had an agenda, the conservatives blocked his policies (like healthcare), shut down government and impeached him.

Bush lost an election, was appointed by the Supreme court, got into power, had an agenda, got his policies through congress, no one shut it down.

Obama won an election, got into power, had an agenda, the conservatives blocked his policies (like healthcare) and shut down government.

See a pattern here?

I'll pretend to be Reid................NO.

So you admit the Democrats are responsible for the shutdown.
That's progress right there.

Actually the original Idea was to find a way to make healthcare more affordable. Obamcare fails so far..

Actually..

Reagan won an election, got into power, had an agenda, got his policies through congress, no one shut it down.

Bush won an election, got into power, had an agenda, got his policies through congress, no one shut it down.

Clinton won an election, got into power, had an agenda, the conservatives blocked his policies (like healthcare), shut down government and impeached him.

Bush lost an election, was appointed by the Supreme court, got into power, had an agenda, got his policies through congress, no one shut it down.

Obama won an election, got into power, had an agenda, the conservatives blocked his policies (like healthcare) and shut down government.

See a pattern here?

I'll pretend to be Reid................NO.

Democrat presidents can't work with GOP Congresses but GOP presidents can work with Democrat Congresses.
That was obvious. Except for a brain dead mouth breather like Swallow.

Yeah..

Like paying 400 Billion for a spiffy new super sonic jet fighter.

Oh wait..that's not liberal.

And now the non-sequiturs will commence.

What non-sequitur?

The military is suddenly on a special magical pot of gold that doesn't cost the tax payer?

Well, we just spent 400 billion on a plane that won't stop terrorism, won't help defend the country or won't be used at all in any of the types of wars we've been fighting.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBt-aQ1vObM]F35 AIR SHOW - YouTube[/ame]

Only 400 billion.

That's insane.

The presence of a government individual mandate eliminates the possibility of ACA being an "option"..
If there was option, the choice to 'opt out' with no repercussions should be available.

Won't happen. Sometimes things have to be mandated and sometimes the MINORITY who didn't approve of it have to go along.
"Go along"....Or what?..
Liberal policies are so good, they have to be made mandatory, right chief?

Them's the breaks...

He is the boss.

2 elections say so.

This is like a football team that loses the game but decides to lock down the stadium until the refs change their mind.

Way to go, Mr. Pres! I suspected that you had balls! We just haven't seen any evidence of it until last week!

He is the boss.

2 elections say so.

Way to go, Mr. Pres! I suspected that you had balls! We just haven't seen any evidence of it until last week!

You mean when he knuckled under to Putin?

Oh? When did Democrats subvert the legislative process to impose their agenda while shutting down the government to until their agenda is accepted by the GOP?

they are doing it right now by refusing to even have meetings with the gop.

to blame one party is rather stupid, but we do know that at least the gop is negotiating, the dems are not. no, no, no, no....is all we hear, they only want their agenda, nothing else.

Why won't Boner even call a vote for the funding of the government without the teabagger BS like they are calling for?

Please, nobody doesn't call votes like Harry Reid. I saw you in the airport the other day with your shaved head, robe and tambourine chanting HarryReidshna, Harry Reidshna...

What non-sequitur?

F35 AIR SHOW - YouTube

Only 400 billion.

The defense budget shows just how full of shit the right are on government spending.

In one word, why have other Presidents with a mixed congress been able to get things done?

Leadership.........

No.

Because unlike Conservatives, Liberals actually like the government and are willing to compromise.

It's only conservatives that shut things done to enforce minority rule.

That's real live Tyranny.

He is the boss.

2 elections say so.

You mean when he knuckled under to Putin?

That's soooo two weeks ago.

Besides, at this point, it's only wingut dumbasses such as yourself that buy that narrative anyway.

What non-sequitur?

F35 AIR SHOW - YouTube

Only 400 billion.

The defense budget shows just how full of shit the right are on government spending.

Ayup. But then it's not like Democrats have done much to contradict them.

What non-sequitur?

F35 AIR SHOW - YouTube

Only 400 billion.

How can you critisize the US defense budget? The US NEEDS over 1,000 military bases around the worrld!!!!!!!!

Military mystery: How many bases does the US have around the world, anyway? | Occasional Planet

Not including Iraq and Afganastan, of course....

Last edited:
What non-sequitur?

F35 AIR SHOW - YouTube

Only 400 billion.

How can you critisize the US defense budget? The US NEEDS over 1,000 military bases around the worrld!!!!!!!!

Military mystery: How many bases does the US have around the world, anyway? | Occasional Planet

'Cause we're exceptional!

Forum List

Back