Republicans taking Blame for Shutdown - Polls

I don't see how he can given the Constitution bestows that power upon the Congress:

Someone has to be the adult in this Republican inflicted crisis. The POTUS does have executive powers and the GOP would have to go to the Supreme Court and ask them to overturn those EO's. But until they do so they would be the "law of the land" irrespective of their constitutionality.

The point to remember is that Obama is looking to the long term future when he pointed out that he is considering the consequences of what Congress is doing will have on future presidents.

Even if the SCOTUS does overturn those EO's they will be violating their own pro-corporate position in favor of partisanship instead. Roberts has already demonstrated that he will abandon partisan "principle" in favor of corporate profits. So the odds are that the court will uphold those EO's given that the presidency does have executive power in a time of crisis.

If that is the outcome the Republicans will be devastated and this will have cost them far more than they will have gained. Granted this is all speculation on my part but I am going by most likely probabilities. Reality might turn out differently.

I don't think that President Obama will look to bring on a constitutional crisis to go along with our default to go along with our shut down.

I don't think he will do that and I hope he doesn't. The impeachment proceedings that Tbaggers would bring about would go on for the rest of his Presidency.

If the Rethugs want to go down this default road, lets travel. We will fix this shit once and for all next year in the elections.
Though I don't see how the president can assume a power bestowed upon the Congress, it's not an impeachable offense.

I don't see how he can given the Constitution bestows that power upon the Congress:

Someone has to be the adult in this Republican inflicted crisis. The POTUS does have executive powers and the GOP would have to go to the Supreme Court and ask them to overturn those EO's. But until they do so they would be the "law of the land" irrespective of their constitutionality.

The point to remember is that Obama is looking to the long term future when he pointed out that he is considering the consequences of what Congress is doing will have on future presidents.

Even if the SCOTUS does overturn those EO's they will be violating their own pro-corporate position in favor of partisanship instead. Roberts has already demonstrated that he will abandon partisan "principle" in favor of corporate profits. So the odds are that the court will uphold those EO's given that the presidency does have executive power in a time of crisis.

If that is the outcome the Republicans will be devastated and this will have cost them far more than they will have gained. Granted this is all speculation on my part but I am going by most likely probabilities. Reality might turn out differently.

I don't think that President Obama will look to bring on a constitutional crisis to go along with our default to go along with our shut down.

I don't think he will do that and I hope he doesn't. The impeachment proceedings that Tbaggers would bring about would go on for the rest of his Presidency.

If the Rethugs want to go down this default road, lets travel. We will fix this shit once and for all next year in the elections.

The constitution gives the Executive the power as to how to enact laws. The EO merely has to extend the date on the existing CR in order to reopen the government and the EO on the debt limit can be simply be suspended. If both of these EO's are contingent on Congress passing subsequent laws they will be constitutional in my opinion.

The problem with allowing the US to go into default will be far worse than 2008. No CEO wants it to happen and as a CEO Obama needs to do what is best for the nation as a whole. To allow the nation's economy to tank merely to beat the GOP would mean stooping to their level.

Though I don't see how the president can assume a power bestowed upon the Congress, it's not an impeachable offense.

The power would not be assumed. Interpreting an existing law is constitutional. As far as what does and doesn't constitute an impeachable offence that is a political decision that only Congress can determine. However if the SCOTUS rules those EO's to be constitutional that will make impeachment a much greater reach for the GOP.

Tbaggers are no different than terrorist suicide bombers except they cause more harm.

When the president uses terms like extortion, hostages and ransom you know that they have crossed the line.

Obama has a responsibility to protect this nation and if there is no deal on the table by 10/17 I hope he simply issues an executive order to suspend the debt ceiling pending it's increase and another that is a CR for reopening the government until a budget can be passed.

Then let the House try to impeach him on those grounds. It will send Obama's approval ratings right up into the 60's and they will stay there through the end of his 2nd term.

U.S. Constitution said:
Article I, Section 8

To borrow Money on the credit of the United States;

Congress is effectively shut down. An emergency situation. Created by an enemy within. He will and should do what protects the country from enemies, foreign and domestic.

because you ignorant tool when a plan LIKE MINE does not meet the minimum requirements I will be fined if i dont CHANGE my policy. That is the affordable care act FORCING ME out of my plan. Now I know you will try to brush this off or call me a liar but there are now many of us who are forced off their plans by nothing more then extortion.

What minimum requirements not being met forced the insurer to drop your plan?
You will ask my company that I will assume it has to do with the fact that I don't need Maternity care for birth control and other such nonsense

It sounds like the choice is yours. Nothing to do with government regulations. They can't require you to use birth control.

What minimum requirements not being met forced the insurer to drop your plan?
You will ask my company that I will assume it has to do with the fact that I don't need Maternity care for birth control and other such nonsense

It sounds like the choice is yours. Nothing to do with government regulations. They can't require you to use birth control.

You truly are fucking dumb.... It isn't a choice that I dont need maternity you fucking idiot I AM MALE. Nor do I need birth control unlike you I have understand I am responsible for buy my own damn condoms. So since I am not female i lose my plan.... So the plan is sexist AS WELL as fascist.

You truly are fucking dumb.... It isn't a choice that I dont need maternity you fucking idiot I AM MALE. Nor do I need birth control unlike you I have understand I am responsible for buy my own damn condoms. So since I am not female i lose my plan.... So the plan is sexist AS WELL as fascist.

Since when do HMO's have different plans for males and females?

I thought you were a female, too because of the hysteria.

You're being oppressed!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R79yYo2aOZs]The 'Right' to Have Babies - Monty Python's 'The Life of Brian' - YouTube[/ame]

What did you think pesonalized care ment?

What did you think pesonalized care ment?

Onus is on you to prove that it means what you allege it means.

poor old boehner forgets he is the speaker of the house of representatives

he thinks he is only the speaker of the republican congress

shame on him

if he puts the budget to a floor vote today , it passes and the crisis is OVER ........ american is saved

the sole reason he is not doing that , is because the teabaggers would unseat him as speaker and he would only be a common representative ........ hardly an important enough job for an icon such as he

whenever you want to know what a republican is really doing , see what they are accusing democrats of

poor old boehner forgets he is the speaker of the house of representatives

he thinks he is only the speaker of the republican congress

shame on him

if he puts the budget to a floor vote today , it passes and the crisis is OVER ........ american is saved

the sole reason he is not doing that , is because the teabaggers would unseat him as speaker and he would only be a common representative ........ hardly an important enough job for an icon such as he

whenever you want to know what a republican is really doing , see what they are accusing democrats of

Only two possibilities. Boehner flushes conservatives or they flush Republicans. The latter seems more likely today.

Males don't need birth control? What, are you gay?

Forum List

Back