Restaraunt gives discount for praying

The left is going to try to dream up ways of making them stop offering the discount. Perhaps a mass protest to shut down the restaurant might be in order.

...Hopefully, you'd be shown the "No Pissy Little Assholes Allowed" sign just before you were physically thrown out of the restaurant onto your ass in the middle of the street. You'd probably sit there crying "I'll sue! I'll sue!" until some locals came to pick you up, take you down the nearest alley, and have a chat with you about common sense and common decency.

What about the Muslim families..?.

I don't find it likely that a "Muslim family" would go out of their way to be pissy little assholes mocking religion because they thought it would be 'cute.' That's the sort of thing a smirking little douchebag like you does just before the above-mentioned takes place.

The left is going to try to dream up ways of making them stop offering the discount. Perhaps a mass protest to shut down the restaurant might be in order.

As I pointed out in my first post, "the left" is what the staff there is already made of. I know them well. Again, nobody's protesting squat here; it's a gadfly article posted by a gadfly poster, trying to make an issue where none exists. :eusa_liar:

Mary's not even religious. And she's from ....... wait for it....

Chicago. :ack-1:

Last edited:
...Hopefully, you'd be shown the "No Pissy Little Assholes Allowed" sign just before you were physically thrown out of the restaurant onto your ass in the middle of the street. You'd probably sit there crying "I'll sue! I'll sue!" until some locals came to pick you up, take you down the nearest alley, and have a chat with you about common sense and common decency.

What about the Muslim families, Unky? Would they warrant such a lesson too?

Silence is golden.

If you do not approve of the pratice, do not patronize the establishment.

Idiots get offended.

The debate over officials praying in government meetings has raged in the past few years, but one restaurant claims to be supporting the religious rights of individuals, by offering a discount for praying in public. While many find the move a positive thing, others say it’s religious discrimination, and that the practice should be stopped.
An image that shows a receipt including a 15% discount for praying in public has been going viral since an Orland, Florida radio station posted it yesterday. Z88.3 shared the image on its Facebook page, saying,
A friend of ours just shared her receipt from lunch where she got a discount for praying in public!!! How cool is that?
When some people expressed doubt that anyone anywhere was getting a discount for praying in public, even calling the image photoshopped, they were directed to a North Carolina restaurant, Mary’s Gourmet Diner. On that restaurant’s Facebook page, the rumor was confirmed:
Yes, if we see you praying, you get 15% off your bill.
While this produced a spate of support, it also returned some anger, and accusations of discrimination. One poster asked,
Just a question, because it has come up in some comments sections. Would a Muslim still enjoy a discount for praying at your restaurant? As a Christian. I would hope you are respectful of all religions that worship.

Restaurant's 'Praying In Public' Discount Returns Praise, Ire; Religious Freedom Or Discrimination?

Does the prayer has to be directed to a specific god? If you slam your head into the counter and scream, from the top of your lungs, that you beg Mighty Odin to grant me a place in Valhalla when I'm slain - would that count?

These are the grits:

m8.png

I hate grits. When I lived in Charlotte I tried them once. It was like eating dirt.

Suppose another restaurant did the opposite and charged 15% extra if they saw you praying. What then?

That would not be the same circumstance at all, but I suppose I would simply not take my business to that restaurant.

As I pointed out in my first post, "the left" is what the staff there is already made of. I know them well. Again, nobody's protesting squat here; it's a gadfly article posted by a gadfly poster, trying to make an issue where none exists. :eusa_liar:

Mary's not even religious. And she's from ....... wait for it....

Chicago. :ack-1:

[MENTION=33658]Katzndogz[/MENTION] being her usual rw hack self along w/ OP. Funny how OP knew nothing about the staff (Artsy Left-wing, types) :lol:

Last edited:
Will they give me a discount if I lay a prayer rug on the floor and bow to Mecca?

I'm sure they would. Those people are totally cool. They don't festoon the place with religious icons at all but they strike me more as Wiccans.

Dammit Pogo, quit messing up the thread...the left can't bash them if you keep defending them.

You're messing with the natural order of things.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are praying to receive a discount on your breakfast you are doing it for the wrong reasons.

I pray every night that Alesandra Ambrossio is lying next to me when I wake up. Is that a wrong reason ?
It hasn't worked by the way.

Maybe this Alesandra Ambrossio person is praying, too. :D: :scared1:

Ale is a multi-million dollar supermodel. If she's praying, she's praying when she wakes up, the beauty, the money, the life, is not all gone.

I don't find it likely that a "Muslim family" would go out of their way to be pissy little assholes mocking religion because they thought it would be 'cute.' ...

Maybe not, but it doesn't seem the least bit unlikely that a Muslim family would utter the traditional mealtime prayer, "By the name of Allah...", with no intentions of 'being cute'. Did you know, BTW, that according to this site, there are no less than 34 mosques in North Carolina (5 in Charlotte alone)?!

Perhaps even more astounding is the fact that Asheville, NC, is regarded by many Christians, Pagans, and legitimate Satanists alike as The Pagan Mecca of the Southeast (note the not-so-subtle demonization of Islam there). So, it's entirely feasible that a well-meaning Satanist may feel compelled to recite a little mealtime prayer at the restaurant in question.

Which gives rise to the question as to how the restaurant staff could differentiate between a sincere believer of an alternative religion ...and a "smirking little douchebag" like me. :D

Idiots get offended.

The debate over officials praying in government meetings has raged in the past few years, but one restaurant claims to be supporting the religious rights of individuals, by offering a discount for praying in public. While many find the move a positive thing, others say it’s religious discrimination, and that the practice should be stopped.
An image that shows a receipt including a 15% discount for praying in public has been going viral since an Orland, Florida radio station posted it yesterday. Z88.3 shared the image on its Facebook page, saying,
A friend of ours just shared her receipt from lunch where she got a discount for praying in public!!! How cool is that?
When some people expressed doubt that anyone anywhere was getting a discount for praying in public, even calling the image photoshopped, they were directed to a North Carolina restaurant, Mary’s Gourmet Diner. On that restaurant’s Facebook page, the rumor was confirmed:
Yes, if we see you praying, you get 15% off your bill.
While this produced a spate of support, it also returned some anger, and accusations of discrimination. One poster asked,
Just a question, because it has come up in some comments sections. Would a Muslim still enjoy a discount for praying at your restaurant? As a Christian. I would hope you are respectful of all religions that worship.

Restaurant's 'Praying In Public' Discount Returns Praise, Ire; Religious Freedom Or Discrimination?

Does the prayer has to be directed to a specific god? If you slam your head into the counter and scream, from the top of your lungs, that you beg Mighty Odin to grant me a place in Valhalla when I'm slain - would that count?

So they say. And this opens up a whole new potential for performance art. It is after all intentionally located in the Arts District.

That's already the nicest thing about the space: it's packed with art at every turn, from the 30-foot mural on the long wall and tons of other paintings right down to the salt and pepper shakers, where literally every table is unique. Even the waitstaff depicted with totemic animal heads on the walls:

marys2.jpg

Aside from food, Mary Haglund is all about art. She sponsored the community art project the Authoring Action Word Wall by offering the outside of her own building--

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Sqw_jA15fk"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Sqw_jA15fk[/ame]

So yeah, they would eat that up, pun intended. I suspect there will be a great deal of creative dramatic interpretation now that she's getting all the free publicity from religion nuts who think they picked up on one of their own. :lol:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Hh8V-mubUo"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Hh8V-mubUo[/ame]

Last edited:
I don't find it likely that a "Muslim family" would go out of their way to be pissy little assholes mocking religion because they thought it would be 'cute.' ...

Maybe not, but it doesn't seem the least bit unlikely that a Muslim family would utter the traditional mealtime prayer, "By the name of Allah...", with no intentions of 'being cute'. ...

And?

Did you know, BTW, there are no less than 34 mosques in North Carolina (5 in Charlotte alone)?!

I knew there were a number of them, so? What the hell do I care? That has nothing to do with this topic.

Maybe not, but it doesn't seem the least bit unlikely that a Muslim family would utter the traditional mealtime prayer, "By the name of Allah...", with no intentions of 'being cute'. ...

And?

I asked you first.

Asked me what? Are you desperately hoping for some shocked "oh no, not them!" response? Sorry champ, no sale. Christians pray, Muslims pray, Buddhists pray, etc. Did you really think you were on to some 'clever' notion here, brainless?

Damn, yall liberals got me again.

I expected a thread with a ton of "oh, how nice" and little more, but the fist poster was a liberal asshole shitting on what they are doing then every leftist took their turn doing the same thing.

liberals are nothing but hate.

It's a great thing they are doing, it's nice to see positivity pay off for the customer, the owner and the workers there

Forum List

Back