Restuarant has "No Guns Allowed" Sign...gun owners don't bring guns...the robber did though...

Yes.....this is why I think we need new "Gun Free Zone" signs....they need to say "Gun Free Zone.....and we really, really mean it...."

NC Restaurant Banned Guns Got Robbed At Gunpoint The Daily Caller

A barbecue restaurant in Durham, North Carolina, was robbed at gunpoint on Sunday night, despite having posted a sign on the door banning weapons, including concealed firearms.

According to ABC 11, three men wearing hoodies and carrying pistols entered The Pit from the back, assaulted two of the employees and made others lie on the floor. The assaulted employees, though, are doing well.

“They’re doing great,” restaurant owner Greg Hatem said. “One of them actually went to the hospital and was released. They took a good look at him, he’s fine.”

Kind of interesting huh? It's almost like posting a sign that says "we are unprotected, come rob us!" I notice most mass shootings are in places where guns are not allowed and people can't shoot back. When was the last time you saw someone walk into a police station and open fire randomly?

And the gun store did the same thing? Don't be a fool. The gun shop owner is dead, restaurant owner alive.

Aaaah yes,the liberal plan to live through a robbery.
Depending on the good nature of the guy robbing you not to put a bullet in your dome.:lmao:

Well if you carry you might accidently shoot yourself or an unnocent person like happens 17,000 times a year. There are only like 9000 people shot and killed intentionally each year. And even if you have a gun your chance of not being shot is 50% at best if criminal is also armed. Plus he's more likely to shoot you if threatened.

Hey Einstein...you wait until the guy has his back turned before you pull out your weapon,this ain't the movies.
How about you show some stats that matter,like how many times a CHL holders weapon has actually discharged by itself and killed someone.
Accidents do happen,but it's normally some idiot leaving a loaded gun lying around.

If he turns his back on you why do you need a gun?

Accidental shootings is a stat that matters. People are often accidently shot by others just scan Google news.

Yes.....this is why I think we need new "Gun Free Zone" signs....they need to say "Gun Free Zone.....and we really, really mean it...."

NC Restaurant Banned Guns Got Robbed At Gunpoint The Daily Caller

A barbecue restaurant in Durham, North Carolina, was robbed at gunpoint on Sunday night, despite having posted a sign on the door banning weapons, including concealed firearms.

According to ABC 11, three men wearing hoodies and carrying pistols entered The Pit from the back, assaulted two of the employees and made others lie on the floor. The assaulted employees, though, are doing well.

“They’re doing great,” restaurant owner Greg Hatem said. “One of them actually went to the hospital and was released. They took a good look at him, he’s fine.”

Kind of interesting huh? It's almost like posting a sign that says "we are unprotected, come rob us!" I notice most mass shootings are in places where guns are not allowed and people can't shoot back. When was the last time you saw someone walk into a police station and open fire randomly?

And the gun store did the same thing? Don't be a fool. The gun shop owner is dead, restaurant owner alive.

Depending on the good nature of the guy robbing you not to put a bullet in your dome.:lmao:

Well if you carry you might accidently shoot yourself or an unnocent person like happens 17,000 times a year. There are only like 9000 people shot and killed intentionally each year. And even if you have a gun your chance of not being shot is 50% at best if criminal is also armed. Plus he's more likely to shoot you if threatened.

Hey Einstein...you wait until the guy has his back turned before you pull out your weapon,this ain't the movies.
How about you show some stats that matter,like how many times a CHL holders weapon has actually discharged by itself and killed someone.
Accidents do happen,but it's normally some idiot leaving a loaded gun lying around.

Bishop speaks out after accidental shooting - WJAC WJACTV.com - Top Stories

Accidental shootings is a stat that matters. People are often accidently shot by others just scan Google news.

If you happen to be in a store or restaurant that is being robbed the gunman isnt likely to be able to keep an eye on you at all times. When he turns away from you....cap his dumb ass.
No one is denying people get accidentally shot on occasion. But you can bet it's not CHL holders doing the shooting.

Police receive constant training on how to use their weapon and how to react in hostile situations.
All one has to do is see the recent cases of cops overreacting in confrontations and killing people unnecessarily

But here we have the NRA drones spitting out thread after thread about how much better our lives would be if we only had more guns. Can you imagine what will happen when you have poorly trained (most likely untrained) employees and customers firing in a crowded restaurant?

If you happen to be in a store or restaurant that is being robbed the gunman isnt likely to be able to keep an eye on you at all times. When he turns away from you....cap his dumb ass.
No one is denying people get accidentally shot on occasion. But you can bet it's not CHL holders doing the shooting.

Shoot him in the back?

There are lots of examples of CHL holders purposely and accidently shooting people.

Last edited:
Police receive constant training on how to use their weapon and how to react in hostile situations.
All one has to do is see the recent cases of cops overreacting in confrontations and killing people unnecessarily

But here we have the NRA drones spitting out thread after thread about how much better our lives would be if we only had more guns. Can you imagine what will happen when you have poorly trained (most likely untrained) employees and customers firing in a crowded restaurant?

We already have more guns per capita by far, yet high homicide and crimes rates compared to other countries. Clearly guns isn't the answer.

We already have more guns per capita by far, yet high homicide and crimes rates compared to other countries. Clearly guns isn't the answer.

We also have more prisoners than any other country
Doesn't seem like prisons are the answer either

If it's legal to carry a weapon somewhere, but a business posts a no weapons sign, don't they then have to provide a gun rack or something to secure weapons outside or something? :)

If it's legal to carry a weapon somewhere, but a business posts a no weapons sign, don't they then have to provide a gun rack or something to secure weapons outside or something? :)

Leave it in your car

Yes brain.....one exception....and disarm over 90 million gun owners......that is quite the calculation......

One example, just like you gave. There are many. How many restaurants without no gun signs are robbed? Your post was dumb.
Do you really think that sign had nothing to do with the place being robbed? You're just a special kind of stupid, aren't you?

You seem to be especially dumb. Obviously it had nothing to do with the restaurant being robbed. Might be why nobody was killed however. If you are going to make the claim it did then show me how restaurants with a sign are robbed more often. I can post lots of restaurants without the sign that have been robbed. I've also posted gun shops who have been robbed. Clearly the sign has nothing to do with it.

So if you were a robber and you are going to rob a restaurant and one restaurant has no guns allowed sign and the other restaurant has no sign, are you going to seriously tell me you would rob the one with no sign?

I have shown that gun shops have been robbed. Are you telling me the robbers didn't know there were armed people in the store?

Answer the question please, if you were a robber and you are going to rob a restaurant and one restaurant has no guns allowed sign and the other restaurant has no sign, which are YOU most likely to rob?

Shoot him in the back?

If the MFer has a gun in his hand and he's robbing the place? Damn right you cap his ass. Would you rather give him fair warning so he can turn and empty his weapon indiscriminately into the restaurant?

One example, just like you gave. There are many. How many restaurants without no gun signs are robbed? Your post was dumb.
Do you really think that sign had nothing to do with the place being robbed? You're just a special kind of stupid, aren't you?

You seem to be especially dumb. Obviously it had nothing to do with the restaurant being robbed. Might be why nobody was killed however. If you are going to make the claim it did then show me how restaurants with a sign are robbed more often. I can post lots of restaurants without the sign that have been robbed. I've also posted gun shops who have been robbed. Clearly the sign has nothing to do with it.

So if you were a robber and you are going to rob a restaurant and one restaurant has no guns allowed sign and the other restaurant has no sign, are you going to seriously tell me you would rob the one with no sign?

I have shown that gun shops have been robbed. Are you telling me the robbers didn't know there were armed people in the store?

Answer the question please, if you were a robber and you are going to rob a restaurant and one restaurant has no guns allowed sign and the other restaurant has no sign, which are YOU most likely to rob?

I'm not a robber. And if your theory were true gun shops would never be robbed. They are so your theory is false. Many restaurants without signs are also robbed.

Shoot him in the back?

If the MFer has a gun in his hand and he's robbing the place? Damn right you cap his ass. Would you rather give him fair warning so he can turn and empty his weapon indiscriminately into the restaurant?

Most criminals aren't going to shoot anyone.

Yes brain.....one exception....and disarm over 90 million gun owners......that is quite the calculation......

They knew there was at most one person in the store...in each case you had one lone owner...and multiple attackers who pretended to be buyers...in the other the husband was in the back the wife was out front by herself, and 4 armed attackers entered and pretended to be buying a gun before they started the robbery.....they didn't know the husband was in the store and he managed to hit 3 of them at the one store....

Shoot him in the back?

Also if you shoot him in the back I'm pretty sure you are legally in trouble.

So let's just toss out a hypothetical RW. I have broken into your house. I have a knife at your wife's throat and I am about to rape her and I am telling her that after I am done I am going to slit her throat. You have a 9mm in your hand. Do you shoot me?

they should have posted the " No sharp knives allowed " sign

to prevent this sort of thing from happening in the first place

Just think of all the criminal activity we could have avoided throughout history by just posting a sign. Julius Caesar could have been saved by a sign that said "No Stabbing the Dictator Zone". Attila the Hun would have benefited from a "No Drowning on Your Own Puke Zone" sign. And Joan of Arc could have been saved by a sign that read "No Throwing Maidens Who Claim to Talk To God on Bonfires Zone". Why didn't we think of this before?

The signs are not to avoid criminal behavior, they are to avoid accidental shootings. You don't get that?
Besides the very rare incident where a professional football player shoots himself by accident in a club, when does this ever happen?

I've already posted several examples of accidental shootings in restaurants. There are 17,000 accidental shootings each year. You are much more likely to be accidently shot than purposely shot and killed by a criminal.

And each year there are over 30,000 accidental car deaths a year.......and over 2,300,000 accidental car injuries....

17,000 gun accidents, 6-700 accidental gun deaths.....and which do you focus all of your attention on....also considering the leading cause of death among teenagers....car accidents.............

And yet.....you just care about the people hurt with guns....

even though even with those numbers on average 1.6 million times a year guns are used to stop or prevent violent criminal attack and save lives.........

I'm not a robber. And if your theory were true gun shops would never be robbed. They are so your theory is false. Many restaurants without signs are also robbed.

What a crock of shit.
All it really means is a couple of crooks worked up the balls to rob a gun store.
And as you can see they came in shooting and had no intention of doing otherwise.
Fortunately most thieves are truly cowards and given the choice they'll pick an easier target.
I know if I walked up to a liquor store with a "Body Piercing By Ruger" sign on the door i'd pick another liquor store.

You apparently seem to think so. After Gabby Giffords got shot do you know how many liberals were screaming that a law should be passed to make it illegal for a person to carry a weapon within a certain distance of an elected official? I sat here on these boards and watched them make that argument and my jaw simply hit the floor. THAT was their solution? Pass a fucking law? You have to be kidding me! Can you liberals be that fucking dumb that you think that if that law was in place it would have stopped that shooting?

I'm an independent. I'm not aware of anyone who thinks signs will avoid criminal behavior. They are however effective at avoiding accidental shootings. You almost never hear of an accidental shooting in a gun free zone.

Right...just intentional mass shootings

Yes but many more people are killed in accidental shootings than they are in mass shootings. There are about 600 people accidentally shot and killed each year. Only 130 or so killed in mass shootings each year.

Ok dude. Let me put it like this. I was a professor at a university for about 10 years and right after the Virginia Tech shooting there was a big meeting held to determine how to deal with possible shootings. One idea was to make the school a gun free zone. I laughed my ass off and asked "how are we going to enforce that?" The suggestion was made that we would put metal detectors at all entrances to the campus. My response was "well if I am a shooter I want to thank you, because those metal detectors are going to create a big, long, bunched up line which just became a perfect target for me. Hell I don't even have to aim like I would if I was randomly walking around campus. You guys have gathered the students up in a nice beautiful tight pack and all I have to do is shoot into it and toss out a pipe bomb. Thanks for increasing my kill rate."

Look man....accidents are going to happen. It happens with guns, cars, swimming pools, boomerangs, and silly putty. Gun free zones simply create a happy hunting ground for psychopaths

So to save people from the 130 mass killings you would open them up the 600 accidental killings? That makes no sense. You are more than 4X more likely to die in an accidental shooting.

No....you are saving them even more than the 1.6 million times a year people already use guns to stop violent criminal attack and save lives.........vs only 6-700 accidental gun deaths a year.....

I'm an independent. I'm not aware of anyone who thinks signs will avoid criminal behavior. They are however effective at avoiding accidental shootings. You almost never hear of an accidental shooting in a gun free zone.

Right...just intentional mass shootings

Yes but many more people are killed in accidental shootings than they are in mass shootings. There are about 600 people accidentally shot and killed each year. Only 130 or so killed in mass shootings each year.

Ok dude. Let me put it like this. I was a professor at a university for about 10 years and right after the Virginia Tech shooting there was a big meeting held to determine how to deal with possible shootings. One idea was to make the school a gun free zone. I laughed my ass off and asked "how are we going to enforce that?" The suggestion was made that we would put metal detectors at all entrances to the campus. My response was "well if I am a shooter I want to thank you, because those metal detectors are going to create a big, long, bunched up line which just became a perfect target for me. Hell I don't even have to aim like I would if I was randomly walking around campus. You guys have gathered the students up in a nice beautiful tight pack and all I have to do is shoot into it and toss out a pipe bomb. Thanks for increasing my kill rate."

Look man....accidents are going to happen. It happens with guns, cars, swimming pools, boomerangs, and silly putty. Gun free zones simply create a happy hunting ground for psychopaths

So to save people from the 130 mass killings you would open them up the 600 accidental killings? That makes no sense. You are more than 4X more likely to die in an accidental shooting.

No....you are saving them even more than the 1.6 million times a year people already use guns to stop violent criminal attack and save lives.........vs only 6-700 accidental gun deaths a year.....

You are putting them in more danger. The numbers don't lie.

Shoot him in the back?

Also if you shoot him in the back I'm pretty sure you are legally in trouble.

Nope,not if he's committing armed robbery at the time.

Forum List

Back