Rich Guys Leaving California

I love coming to California, but every time I do recently, rich guys tell me that they're leaving for Texas or Florida. Recent tax hikes have increased the highest marginal rate to 57% and that seems to be a breaking point. Apparently, Sacramento is worried enough that they're considering a 10% exit tax for those who leave the state. I talked to one guy last night who has already moved as much as he could out of the state in anticipation of this exit tax.

So, if you're a rich guy, and you don't want the state taking everything you work for, we in Florida welcome and appreciate you.

Rick Perry is trying to get them to come to here. I personally think that's a bad idea.

Why would you want a group of people that fucked up their current state to come to your state just to fuck it up too?

Do you think by moving their political ideology will change?

They voted in the liberal trash that bankrupted their state and they will do the same to your state.

I say make them fuckers lie in the bed they made.

Successful rich people fucked up the state?

I think your governor was in Illinois this month telling businesses to move to Texas.

I understand there's room for another fertilizer factory now.

why do retirees move from Cali?

so they can sell their homes in cali to fund their retirements.

They should have done their retirement planning better if they wanted to live in in this great weather forever

does that^^^^ sound like the right wingers she puts down all day long?......i got mine so fuck you......

i have seen people who are fairly well off leave this State because they are getting taxed to death......people like you have moved into this great State over the last 30 years or so and with your FAR Left ideas have strangled this place.....thanx truth for helping to kill this State.....its pretty fucking sad when you have lived and worked in a State all your life but cant afford to retire there......

Hey Harry, we've heard that California has the HIGHEST RATE OF ILLEGAL ALIENS and the state keeps dishing out $$$$$$$$$$$$$ for them and the rest of the illegal hispanic population, and this is one of the reasons why they're in such trouble. Is that part of the reason??

the Los Angeles Area has more Mexicans from Mexico living here than any place in the world Except Mexico City....and as far as i know the Illegals cost the State around 10 Billion a year.....if you say ANYTHING about the problems caused by Illegals around here, EVEN if its not a racial thing,a legit problem.....people like Truth call you a racist....so nothing gets done....

The cost of living in California is due to the free market you idiots

its because of half ass governing and fucking far left dipshits like you taking over the legislature and handing out Entitlements that have come back to bite you in the ass and even now you wont do anything about it....thanx for fucking up my State truth....

California has some of the best weather in the world.

It has all types of terain and is considered Beautiful world wide

You just hate your own countrymen

your are just to dishonest to admit the truth......thanx for fucking up my State with your shitty dishonest attitude.....

For my job, I talk to people who range from rich to extremely, stinking rich. They aren't failures. Taxes are the main reason why they tell me they're leaving. These are people who've been in CA for many years.

I've been coming to the state to do business for 15 years. It's only been in the last several months that they've said they're either moving or considering moving. And it comes down to the 57% marginal tax rate they are going to have to pay.

she cant grasp that.....

If we had dirt cheap land and rent was cheap as well as labor then they would not move.

all sane people know this.

the right will lie about it of course

California was doing just fine till you and your ilk got here and fucked it up.....thanx....

does that^^^^ sound like the right wingers she puts down all day long?......i got mine so fuck you......

i have seen people who are fairly well off leave this State because they are getting taxed to death......people like you have moved into this great State over the last 30 years or so and with your FAR Left ideas have strangled this place.....thanx truth for helping to kill this State.....its pretty fucking sad when you have lived and worked in a State all your life but cant afford to retire there......

Hey Harry, we've heard that California has the HIGHEST RATE OF ILLEGAL ALIENS and the state keeps dishing out $$$$$$$$$$$$$ for them and the rest of the illegal hispanic population, and this is one of the reasons why they're in such trouble. Is that part of the reason??

the Los Angeles Area has more Mexicans from Mexico living here than any place in the world Except Mexico City....and as far as i know the Illegals cost the State around 10 Billion a year.....if you say ANYTHING about the problems caused by Illegals around here, EVEN if its not a racial thing,a legit problem.....people like Truth call you a racist....so nothing gets done....

This is the difference between a first and a third world country; first world wants to solve its problems, but third world just calls you evil and silences you.

Culture difference that isn't moving in a very good direction. Sadly, this nation is moving in the wrong direction. Nothing will get done as those people just came out of the trash heap.

I wouldn't go to Florida. Neither will most of these rich folks you are referring to. Israel is the number one destination for the Silicon Valley people, inventors, business owners, they are moving to Israel in huge numbers for past couple of years ( really accelerated this year ) because of the technology, innovations and opportunities in Israel.

There isn't any other nation today that is on the cutting edge - as Israel is. I used to wonder about the Hebrew prophecies concerning the vast wealth that would be concentrated in Israel in the end days but here we are. It's happening! Imagine one nation having the bulk of geniuses, inventors, scientists all working together! The future of Israel is brighter than it has ever been before. Who would ever think that the very best of America including the wealthiest businesspeople would be moving their assets to Israel? It's clear Americas best days are behind her ( for a good while anyhow......) whereas Israels is right ahead. - Jeri

Don't be an idiot.

I'm not. I am trying to encourage others not to be an idiot and move to Florida! Bad decision! Israel is the number one destination of these inventors and business people. My friends in NY and California have been telling me about the mass exodus ( which is what they are now calling it ) to Israel a year ago. It looks like the state is catching on and is looking for a way to cash in on their departure.

I wouldn't move my business to Florida or Texas. I'd move it to Israel. That is very sound advice and if the most wealthy and successful of California have opted for Israel you might want to pay attention there?

I've been to Israel and I sure as hell would never want to live there. Huge wealth disparities, constant tension, shitty vibe, even a few bombed out buildings. No thanks.

becuase they are money whores who are right leaning.

the ones who stay love their state and dont look for reasons to fuck their employeess for more money

here we go.....they are all righties.....are you that fucking stupid?....no "lefties" are leaving?.....many are you dumb ass .....you are just to Far Left to see it.....why did you fuck up my State?....

The ones labeling the reason they are leaving as taxes are right wing.

They know damed well they m,ake bank by selling their expensive land in Cali to buy cheap dirt elsewhere.

same size warehouse for less money and they can buy a huge mansion for dirt.

pretending its ONLY taxes is why they leave is a fucking lie.

Cali is expensive because the free market deems it.

sure they all are Truth......no lefties are leaving....you are the reason this State is dying.....WHY do you hate California?....

I moved here when I was two.

lived in nevada for 15 years and kept my house here so I could return.

I love this state , you hate it

i have lived here for 46 strait years dipshit.....i did not move out like you did....and then come back because you failed in Nevada......why did you not stay there and leave my State alone?...

why do retirees move from Cali?

so they can sell their homes in cali to fund their retirements.

They should have done their retirement planning better if they wanted to live in in this great weather forever

I'd love to retire to CA, but there's no way given the taxes.
Yup.

I've looked into the Crestline/Lake Arrowhead area and said NFW after doing all the due diligence.

Rick Perry is trying to get them to come to here. I personally think that's a bad idea.

Why would you want a group of people that fucked up their current state to come to your state just to fuck it up too?

Do you think by moving their political ideology will change?

They voted in the liberal trash that bankrupted their state and they will do the same to your state.

I say make them fuckers lie in the bed they made.

I think your governor was in Illinois this month telling businesses to move to Texas.

Yes make light of the those that perished. They were probably a bunch of red-necked, racist conservatives anyway.

You liberals have no shame.

I'd love to retire to CA, but there's no way given the taxes.
Yup.

I've looked into the Crestline/Lake Arrowhead area and said NFW after doing all the due diligence.

We thought of leaving when we retired but we now think we will just move to the Mountains in Gold Country....near Angel's Camp or Jackson.

Yes make light of the those that perished. They were probably a bunch of red-necked, racist conservatives anyway.

Not making light at all. But lack of regulation can have its consequences. Texas has made the decision that fewer oversights are worth the sometimes explosive consequences. Their choice. You aren't crying about it, are you?

Not making light at all. But lack of regulation can have its consequences. Texas has made the decision that fewer oversights are worth the sometimes explosive consequences. Their choice. You aren't crying about it, are you?

Sure you were. But go ahead and spin your way out of it.

You don't know if regulations or the lack thereof had anything to do with it.

Sure you were. But go ahead and spin your way out of it.

You don't know if regulations or the lack thereof had anything to do with it.

It's almost 1 PM here in the United States; what time is it in your country of Texas? Oh, and you still have that cacti dildo stuck in your ass?

people are leaving the failed state of california so they can have some kind of personal financial stability. The state is broke and continues the libtardian policies that caused it to go broke.

Give it back to Mexico.

Forum List

Back