Richmond, VA Newspaper endorses Gary Johnson

Endorsing a guy who can't win is essentially no different than endorsing a guy who isn't a candidate.

Half of you idiot party animals will be losers the day after and you will have wasted your vote. Crap -- you're wasting it anyway if you think electing either arrogant meglomaniac is gonna stop the reckless decline of integrity in govt.

You could easily say voting for Bernie in the primary was silly and useless.

Folks need to understand that their vote is precious. It's the only power you got. And if you use it to reward dishonesty, deception, corruption and quest for power --- you should be ashamed.

Bless the Richmond Times for this move...

Next you'll tell me you voted for Ralph Nader in 2000.

It's all about WINNING is it? Then run a Kardashian. Or Hugo Chavez. He's probably available.

It's not about winning for the LParty. It's about offering a SANE CHOICE on the ballot. We can't cure the death match that's goin on. But if elected, this pissing contest between Reps and Dems who only want to WIN -- would be put on hold. While some serious emergency fixing gets done.

We now have a brave Libertarian in Congress -- thanks to this crapfest. And contrary to what Clayton says -- we've been right on most of the important issues for 25 years. We don't NEED to win. Not designing a 3rd dynasty here. Getting even 5% in most states will save us about $50Mill in ballot access for the next election. People who get us that 5% will continue to see viable CHOICE on their ballots in the future. Choice is what we're all about.

It's all about WINNING is it? Then run a Kardashian. Or Hugo Chavez. He's probably available.

It's not about winning for the LParty. It's about offering a SANE CHOICE on the ballot. We can't cure the death match that's goin on. But if elected, this pissing contest between Reps and Dems who only want to WIN -- would be put on hold. While some serious emergency fixing gets done.

We now have a brave Libertarian in Congress -- thanks to this crapfest. And contrary to what Clayton says -- we've been right on most of the important issues for 25 years. We don't NEED to win. Not designing a 3rd dynasty here. Getting even 5% in most states will save us about $50Mill in ballot access for the next election. People who get us that 5% will continue to see viable CHOICE on their ballots in the future. Choice is what we're all about.

You can have a race horse with the best pedigree in history, but you don't run him in the Kentucky Derby if he's missing a leg.

Endorsing a guy who can't win is essentially no different than endorsing a guy who isn't a candidate.

Half of you idiot party animals will be losers the day after and you will have wasted your vote. Crap -- you're wasting it anyway if you think electing either arrogant meglomaniac is gonna stop the reckless decline of integrity in govt.

Folks need to understand that their vote is precious. It's the only power you got. And if you use it to reward dishonesty, deception, corruption and quest for power --- you should be ashamed.

We actually agree more with Progressives than EITHER of the other choices. WE would end corporate/govt collusion in the 1st year. Stop bombing 4 countries a year. Work for meaningful justice reform and delivery on the state/local levels. Reform and redact the Patriot act and that new HUGE Spy Palace in Utah for the NSA.

I can pretty much say --- we're more committed to those "progressive" ideals than either the Dems or Reps would ever even allow one of THEIR candidates to be.

Ask Bernie.

We actually agree more with Progressives than EITHER of the other choices. WE would end corporate/govt collusion in the 1st year. Stop bombing 4 countries a year. Work for meaningful justice reform and delivery on the state/local levels. Reform and redact the Patriot act and that new HUGE Spy Palace in Utah for the NSA.

I can pretty much say --- we're more committed to those "progressive" ideals than either the Dems or Reps would ever even allow one of THEIR candidates to be.

Ask Bernie.

I support Bernie. Who does Bernie support?

I voted for Perot twice. I'm over that.

Ask Bernie.

You are arguing with hardcore partisans who will vote for their respective parties until the death. Lol.

Ask Bernie.

You are arguing with hardcore partisans who will vote for their respective parties until the death. Lol.

You are advocating for candidates who can't win.

Ask Bernie.

They "can't win" exactly because of people like yourself, protecting your party's monopoly on our government by parroting their fearmongering.

What isn't sane is the Libertarian platform. Read it. Its unworkable

Immigration? Foreign Policy? Civil Liberties? Govt accountability and reform?

Where's this "unworkable" that your selling here??

The team is 2 former governors that served 2 terms in politically hostile states and got re-elected. What IS IT that you think -- guys like that would "screw up"???

I mean WORSE than the Dem/Reps have screwed it up !!!!

Then you so-called constitutional conservatives should vote for Darrell Castle who's running for president as the
Constitution Party candidate.

lol

"Richmond Times-Dispatch endorses Gary Johnson for president"

Disagree.

Johnson is inconsistent and fundamentally wrong on most of the issues.

He claims to acknowledge a woman’s right to privacy and to be an advocate of environmental protection, yet would appoint to the Supreme Court reactionary conservative ideologues hostile to that very right and hostile to environmental protection jurisprudence.

He supports the wrongheaded notion of ‘term limits’ and says he’d veto any spending measure that fails to ‘balance’ the budget – which is extreme, reckless, and irresponsible, particular during an economic downturn.

Like most libertarians Johnson is a naïve, sophomoric utopian who has no business being president.

The absolute claims of your post are laughable.

These are all issues that need to be vetted. That you think something is wrongheaded is fine. To simply say so is to prove that you have no idea of who is qualified to be president.

Ask Bernie.

They "can't win" exactly because of people like yourself, protecting your party's monopoly on our government by parroting their fearmongering.

No, they can't win because not enough people will vote for them.

Do you know how long the Libertarian Party has been around? No?

Go look it up.

Ask Bernie.

Is WINNING important? Then send ONE swimmer to the Olympics. Or two. And NASCAR could save a lot of fuel and noise by cutting the field down to 10 or 12.

Ask Bernie.

No, they can't win because not enough people will vote for them.

Do you know how long the Libertarian Party has been around? No?

Go look it up.

We were right then -- now America has come over to our solutions and creative problem solving ways.
On DOZENS of issues.

The team is 2 former governors that served 2 terms in politically hostile states and got re-elected. What IS IT that you think -- guys like that would "screw up"???

We have gone over this before, pal. This is a huge nation with a huge economy and a huge infrastructure. We NEED a responsive and diligent government apparatus to regulate all of that. Your guys want to let the multinationals make the rules. Fuck that.

Ask Bernie.

How would you end corporate/government collusion by weakening government? That's ridiculous.

We have gone over this before, pal. This is a huge nation with a huge economy and a huge infrastructure. We NEED a responsive and diligent government apparatus to regulate all of that. Your guys want to let the multinationals make the rules. Fuck that.

Where'd you get this "multinationals" running the place from? Number one priority is CUTTING OFF corporate welfare. Right behind that "defunding" the incentives to go overseas. What comic book are you getting this crap from? Or are you inventing it?

Forum List

Back