🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Rick Perry: Guns Should be Allowed in Movie Theaters

March 31, 1981. Four men are wounded in a shooting in broad daylight on the streets of Washington, D.C. Two of the wounded were armed. One victim was rendered paraplegic. the fourth was rushed to the hospital emergency room with a chest wound. He was President of the United States.

All of them were surrounded by the best armed, best trained cadre of security personnel in history.

What chance does an armature Rambo wanna be have in making the movie thriller kill shot in a dark, smoky, panicked movie theater?

Gun fetishists always think they can be the big hero. Meanwhile, the lives of innocents lay before their fantasies of glory and gore without regard.

and of course asshole you didn't do your research........Washington D.C. was a gun free city.....no law abiding citizen could carry a gun....he broke the law....

What exactly did your gun control laws do to stop him....? And aren't you the assholes who say only law enforcement and soldiers should have guns....of course that worked out poorly in Europe in the late 1930s-45, but that aside......what gun control law stopped him?

And of course the guys who stopped him....had guns to do it....right....or do you want the Secret Service to be unarmed as well...

You truly are a fucking genius.....
My point must not have been as clearly apparent as the one atop your skull.

All those Secret Services agents could not prevent the shooting. What makes the average mouth breather gun nut believe that his marksmanship skills are greater, his reflexes are more honed, and his fantasy of actually shooting a bad guy are realistic so he himself can be the big hero and shoot down the assailant in a dark, crowded, panicked movie theater?

Because law abiding gun owners actually stop or prevent violent criminal attack and save lives on average 2 million times a year......I have read the stories, and some of them are the famous ones, the giffords shooting and others, and armed civilians do stop these shooters. Reagan's shooter was willing to die.....making him even harder to stop...

So....genius...answer my question.....with what you posted...do you want the Secret Service to be disarmed because they missed it one time?

At Giffords, 2 concealed carriers, neither one shot because they didn't have to......the Mall shooting, the concealed carrier could have shot the killer but chose not to because there were people behind him....and when the shooter saw him...he suicided......

Read the stories...learn about this before you post.....
1) the 2,000,000 figure is suspect. Had the NRA not squashed the CDC data on gun violence, perhaps we could argue from fact rather than anecdote.

2) The secret Service had guns but the assailant was physically taken down rather than in a spray of lead.

And here you go...anti gunner bill clinton, the rapist, and his 2 anti gun researchers and how they found that 1.5 million Americans use guns to stop violent criminal attack every year....

Here is Clinton's actual gun study...the number of 1.5 million is on page 9
https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles/165476.pdf

The candidates on the Right are fighting for who will be the most Right.
Whoever wins the nomination will go nearer the center for the election.

and of course asshole you didn't do your research........Washington D.C. was a gun free city.....no law abiding citizen could carry a gun....he broke the law....

What exactly did your gun control laws do to stop him....? And aren't you the assholes who say only law enforcement and soldiers should have guns....of course that worked out poorly in Europe in the late 1930s-45, but that aside......what gun control law stopped him?

And of course the guys who stopped him....had guns to do it....right....or do you want the Secret Service to be unarmed as well...

You truly are a fucking genius.....
My point must not have been as clearly apparent as the one atop your skull.

All those Secret Services agents could not prevent the shooting. What makes the average mouth breather gun nut believe that his marksmanship skills are greater, his reflexes are more honed, and his fantasy of actually shooting a bad guy are realistic so he himself can be the big hero and shoot down the assailant in a dark, crowded, panicked movie theater?

Here you go dipshit......people who were disarmed vs. people who were armed facing a mass shooter and how many innocent people were killed...these are actual events, linked to.....and they show how stupid you are.....

Some details to help you make your guess....

Gun Free Zone Churches

Wisconsin Sikh temple shooting - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia ( 6 dead, 4 wounded)

Charleston church shooting - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia ( 9 dead)

vs.

Churches that had armed citizens...

Deputies Osceola pastor shot church janitor in self-defense ( 0 dead)

6 Shot At New Life Church Gunman 2 Churchgoers Dead - 7NEWS Denver TheDenverChannel.com ( 2 dead, 3 wounded)

Remember This SC Concealed Carrier Stops Mass Shooting During Church Service. No Casualties. ( 0 dead)

No guns: 15 dead

Sikh temple ( 6 dead, 4 wounded)

Charleston ( 9 dead)

Parishioners with guns: 2 dead

Osceola ( 0 dead )

New life ( 2 dead, 3 wounded)

South Carolina shotgun guy ( 0 dead)
I can debate without calling you asshole and dipshit.

But your lack of comportment makes it impractical for me to try to discuss anything with the li9kes of you. It's so sad that you cannot make a point without insult. Must have been a poor upbringing among the lower classes that's to blame.

I've dealt with you in the past...you are an anti gun extremist......and refuse to listen to reason.....
And you think there's no problem a gun cannot solve. Adding guns to the street is like wishing you could extinguish a fire with gasoline.

Did I say that...no.

Guns can stop or prevent violent criminal attack and save lives.....a very specific act with a gun being the very effective solution......

Adding guns to the street is like wishing you could extinguish a fire with gasoline.

And you realize that Americans own and carry more guns than ever before...right? And what has happened....Our gun murder rate has gone down, not up......The FBI and the CDC and all the other government agencies show that the gun murder rate is going down, not up, putting a lie to your statement...

And over 12.8 million people now carry guns......On the Street.......for self defense....and the gun murder rate is going down, not up.....

For all you people that say the two armed people in the Giffords shooting didn't have to pull their weapons because the situation was well in hand........................

Got news for you, one of those armed men admitted he almost shot the wrong person:

Armed hero nearly shot wrong man in Ariz. - Slate.com NBC News

"But before we embrace Zamudio's brave intervention as proof of the value of being armed, let's hear the whole story. "I came out of that store, I clicked the safety off, and I was ready," he explained on Fox and Friends. "I had my hand on my gun. I had it in my jacket pocket here. And I came around the corner like this." Zamudio demonstrated how his shooting hand was wrapped around the weapon, poised to draw and fire. As he rounded the corner, he saw a man holding a gun. "And that's who I at first thought was the shooter," Zamudio recalled. "I told him to 'Drop it, drop it!'"

And no...............lots of people seem to forget that the Aurora shooter was wearing bullet proof clothing and had an effective target of only 8 or 9 inches square which was his face.

Most people wouldn't be able to make that shot in the dark.

No..............we don't need guns in movie theaters.

But the man with the gun wasn't the shooter. He had wrested the gun away from the shooter. "Had you shot that guy, it would have been a big, fat mess," the interviewer pointed out.

Zamudio agreed:

"I was very lucky. Honestly, it was a matter of seconds. Two, maybe three seconds between when I came through the doorway and when I was laying on top of [the real shooter], holding him down. So, I mean, in that short amount of time I made a lot of really big decisions really fast. … I was really lucky."

NOBODY should have a gun in the movie theater.

Incidentally, FYI, the Aurora shooter didn't come in through the lobby, he came in the back door and sneaked in.

Mere days after the Lafayette theater shootings that injured 11 and killed two people, plus the gunman, Rick Perry says that what we need is more guns around to stop this kind of violence before it escalates.

Rick Perry guns should be allowed in movie theaters.

Popcorn from home should be allowed in movie theaters. Not guns. What a freak show. He wants to see more shootouts between amateurs in dark theaters when someone is talking too loudly during the movie. That's a hundred strangers in the movie theater. People you know nothing about. Do you really want to trust your life to each and every one of those 100 strangers?

Perry is a low IQ inbred,

Keep projecting.
One could say the same about any modern jewish family.

The chances for more people getting killed increases with the amount of guns in the area.

And yeah.................lots of people say that they are responsible and know how to handle their weapons, but how accurate is their shooting? I know that in order to maintain my Sharpshooter quals while I was a member of the Security Force in Newport RI, I had to spend at least 1 day at the range per month in order to stay accurate.

I don't want my safety jeopardized by some wanna be hero who doesn't have good accuracy getting into a firefight with a shooter.

Good people?

GTY_james_holmes_court_sr_131108_16x9_608.jpg

like almost all lefties your understanding of good and evil is messed up.......

And dipstick.....he was the only one in the theater with a gun in a gun free zone.....wasn't he.....? And of course he was the one shooting people...again, thousands of people at the NRA convention in Tennessee, a majority of them carrying concealed guns...and not one mass shooting......

James Holmes enters your theater slinging an AR-15 as is his second amendment right. He is carrying a duffle bag . While checking his bag to make sure he is not smuggling in Milk Duds, you find the bag full of 50 round magazines
Do you help him carry his bag?
Do you help him pick out a good seat?

I ask the manager to call the police and have him detained. That is what you call suspicious behavior. See....that is what you call common sense gun control......while everyone else in the theater quietly carries their pistols on their hips.....also common sense gun control.....

What is suspicious about James Holmes executing his second amendment rights

The police come and Holmes hands them a copy of the Constitution and explains he needs extra ammo in case someone starts shooting

Are you going to allow your 8 year old granddaughter to sit next to Mr Holmes?

No. His behavior is suspicious and out of place....had he just had a pistol on his hip...sure.

and you fail to address the question I asked.........in what actually happened....he did bring the rifle into a gun free zone, and he murdered people with it........what gun law would have stopped that.....a bigger gun free zone sign?
You seem to keep ducking

We are talking about your utopia where everyone gets to pack.
You report Holmes and he tells police he is just a second amendment loving gun owner. He has no record. He just likes to take his AR-15 to the movies

Are you and your eight year old granddaughter going to sit next to him?

like almost all lefties your understanding of good and evil is messed up.......

And dipstick.....he was the only one in the theater with a gun in a gun free zone.....wasn't he.....? And of course he was the one shooting people...again, thousands of people at the NRA convention in Tennessee, a majority of them carrying concealed guns...and not one mass shooting......

James Holmes enters your theater slinging an AR-15 as is his second amendment right. He is carrying a duffle bag . While checking his bag to make sure he is not smuggling in Milk Duds, you find the bag full of 50 round magazines

I ask the manager to call the police and have him detained. That is what you call suspicious behavior. See....that is what you call common sense gun control......while everyone else in the theater quietly carries their pistols on their hips.....also common sense gun control.....

The police come and Holmes hands them a copy of the Constitution and explains he needs extra ammo in case someone starts shooting

No. His behavior is suspicious and out of place....had he just had a pistol on his hip...sure.

and you fail to address the question I asked.........in what actually happened....he did bring the rifle into a gun free zone, and he murdered people with it........what gun law would have stopped that.....a bigger gun free zone sign?
You seem to keep ducking

You report Holmes and he tells police he is just a second amendment loving gun owner. He has no record. He just likes to take his AR-15 to the movies

I'd have to assess him and what I saw in his behavior, carrying a rifle in public is odd behavior. Those guys in walmart with the rifles and oreos...no problem....the guy in Colorado....no, because he was a creepy person, as revealed by the girl in his college class and his professor...and again, I would call the police......it is odd behavior....then they can make the call and take him into custody for disturbing the peace...

Since carrying a rifle in public is odd...I would sit in a place where I could shoot him easily or I would go to another show. But of course.....if he had the rifle, that would mean I and many others would have pistols...right.....? So he would not pose the threat he did when he just walked in and started shooting. But of course...again....you won't address the fact that he actually did bring a rifle.....regardless of all of your gun laws, he brought it into a gun free zone where no other law abiding citizen had a weapon except for him, the killer.......

The chances for more people getting killed increases with the amount of guns in the area.

And yeah.................lots of people say that they are responsible and know how to handle their weapons, but how accurate is their shooting? I know that in order to maintain my Sharpshooter quals while I was a member of the Security Force in Newport RI, I had to spend at least 1 day at the range per month in order to stay accurate.

I don't want my safety jeopardized by some wanna be hero who doesn't have good accuracy getting into a firefight with a shooter.

Do you even study self defense shootings? Obviously not. If you did you wouldn't have posted what you posted.

For all you people that say the two armed people in the Giffords shooting didn't have to pull their weapons because the situation was well in hand........................

Got news for you, one of those armed men admitted he almost shot the wrong person:

"But before we embrace Zamudio's brave intervention as proof of the value of being armed, let's hear the whole story. "I came out of that store, I clicked the safety off, and I was ready," he explained on Fox and Friends. "I had my hand on my gun. I had it in my jacket pocket here. And I came around the corner like this." Zamudio demonstrated how his shooting hand was wrapped around the weapon, poised to draw and fire. As he rounded the corner, he saw a man holding a gun. "And that's who I at first thought was the shooter," Zamudio recalled. "I told him to 'Drop it, drop it!'"

And no...............lots of people seem to forget that the Aurora shooter was wearing bullet proof clothing and had an effective target of only 8 or 9 inches square which was his face.

But the man with the gun wasn't the shooter. He had wrested the gun away from the shooter. "Had you shot that guy, it would have been a big, fat mess," the interviewer pointed out.

Zamudio agreed:

"I was very lucky. Honestly, it was a matter of seconds. Two, maybe three seconds between when I came through the doorway and when I was laying on top of [the real shooter], holding him down. So, I mean, in that short amount of time I made a lot of really big decisions really fast. … I was really lucky."

Yes dipshit.....but he didn't shoot the wrong guy did he.....? Right...he saw the guy and what did he do....he didn't shoot because he didn't have to...right?

What part of that situation....people running around, an active shooter and 2 people at a minimum with concealed guns....

And they didn't shoot anyone because in all the chaos they determined they didn't have to and so didn't shoot....right?

So your whole post is stupid...since he didn't in fact shoot anyone...and used calm, cool, control...in chaos, and did the right thing...right?

You seem to keep ducking

I'd have to assess him and what I saw in his behavior, carrying a rifle in public is odd behavior. Those guys in walmart with the rifles and oreos...no problem....the guy in Colorado....no, because he was a creepy person, as revealed by the girl in his college class and his professor...and again, I would call the police......it is odd behavior....then they can make the call and take him into custody for disturbing the peace...

Since carrying a rifle in public is odd...I would sit in a place where I could shoot him easily or I would go to another show. But of course.....if he had the rifle, that would mean I and many others would have pistols...right.....? So he would not pose the threat he did when he just walked in and started shooting. But of course...again....you won't address the fact that he actually did bring a rifle.....regardless of all of your gun laws, he brought it into a gun free zone where no other law abiding citizen had a weapon except for him, the killer.......
So now we are getting an inside look at your gun toting utopia

Everyone brings their guns and eyes each other suspiciously to figure who may be a potential target. Guess it would take only one nervous shot to set everyone off

Zamudio agreed:

Have you ever been shot in a vest? was it in fact bullet proof or was it simply a tactical vest? Have you ever had people shoot at you in close quarters? And did he have armor on his arms or legs?

See....you need to actually think about what you post......these guys cannot train to react to incoming fire, and no matter how good you are at shooting helpless people....they all suicide or surrender in the face of some good person with a gun...

Soooooo.....do you remember what this shooter did...in his tactical clothing, possible body armor, when a police officer stopped him and merely asked the question..."Who are you?'

Do you remember what this tactically clothed killer did in the face of a police officer who didn't even have his gun drawn.....did he start shooting?

NO.

He immediatly surrendered..........with all of his tactical clothing........he just gave up facing a police officer with a holstered gun...

And you want us to believe if someone in that theater had shot back at him that he would have simply done a Rambo and kept fighting........

the guy in the mall shooting when he simply saw the armed civilian committed suicide...and the civilian said he was not going to take the shot because there were too many people behind the guy...

So please.....think before you post....

You seem to keep ducking

So now we are getting an inside look at your gun toting utopia

Everyone brings their guns and eyes each other suspiciously to figure who may be a potential target. Guess it would take only one nervous shot to set everyone off

No dipshit.....you gave a scenario of a very odd person, acting strangely in a theater, following the behavior of past known shooters....vs. the reality of an NRA convention where thousands of people carried concealed guns into a convention center and nothing happened....

So please....sell your crap somewhere else.....you anti gun buddies will act like they see your point...the rest of us know it is just stupid.....

NOBODY should have a gun in the movie theater.

Incidentally, FYI, the Aurora shooter didn't come in through the lobby, he came in the back door and sneaked in.

Except the killer....because you can say that and these mass shooters seem to ignore you.....

yeah...he propped the door and started killing unarmed people.......had someone been armed he would have suicided or surrendered, like he did when the cop simply asked him "Hey, who are you....." and then he surrendered on the spot....because he didn't want to get shot himself.....

Zamudio agreed:

And to show how wrong you are...other mass shootings like Giffords where the armed civillians made the right decisions...like Zamudio....who didn't shoot because he didn't have to....who made really big decisions really fast and didn't shoot....

Forum List

Back