🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Rick Perry: Guns Should be Allowed in Movie Theaters

And you think there's no problem a gun cannot solve. Adding guns to the street is like wishing you could extinguish a fire with gasoline.
But sometimes the best way to fight fire is with fire.
And everyone gets burned.

Not according to reality...when someone fights back against a mass shooter with a gun, the shooter suicides or surrenders......when no one has a gun they just keep killing.......so you are wrong....

Listen, every time we have mass shootings in this country, the cry from the right is to arm everyone.....understand that most of the states where these shootings occur are right to carry states. Now I don't know about you, but most people leave shit like that a home or in their cars.

understand that most of the states where these shootings occur are right to carry states.

You do realize that even in the states with carry laws....all these shootings take place in legally mandated gun free zones...right...where the law abiding gun owners are required to leave their guns at home...right?

Legally? Since when does the law stand in the way of gun carrying nuts.

I have experienced with my own eyes a fight break out at a movie theater because a couple was talking and the people behind them got upset.....before you could blink a damned eye, an argument ensued and a fight broke out....imagine had each a gun!!

And what would have stopped someone who would be willing to shoot someone for talking from bringing that gun into the theater right now? Care to answer that?

Cowards in this country know only one language and that's the language of violence via a hand gun. Evil can not be contained under any circumstance, however, having everyone armed, is not only stupid but insane....however, coming from a country of the insane, ie the US, one would expect less.

You do realize that more than 12.8 million law abiding, peaceful people are now carrying guns for self defense....and our gun murder rate is going down, not up.....so that shows you are wrong.....

Lets get something clear, I am a gun owner and I am for people being able to protect themselves and their families....however, evil will sneak up on you no matter how secure or protected you are. That is just the nature of human beings. Someday, I pray that should this awful thing occur again, that yes, some law abiding person pops up and kill the guy or gal....but rarely does this happen and you know this....why? Because when all is sad and done, we are a nation of cowards.

Look....you need to actually do some research....I would suggest looking at sites like "The Armed Citizen" "thetruthaboutguns" "Gunssavelives" and look at actual stories of people using guns to defend themselves...they do it all the time, often with little to no training and they stop criminals and save lives.........you are wrong.....

But sometimes the best way to fight fire is with fire.
And everyone gets burned.

Not according to reality...when someone fights back against a mass shooter with a gun, the shooter suicides or surrenders......when no one has a gun they just keep killing.......so you are wrong....

Listen, every time we have mass shootings in this country, the cry from the right is to arm everyone.....understand that most of the states where these shootings occur are right to carry states. Now I don't know about you, but most people leave shit like that a home or in their cars.

understand that most of the states where these shootings occur are right to carry states.

You do realize that even in the states with carry laws....all these shootings take place in legally mandated gun free zones...right...where the law abiding gun owners are required to leave their guns at home...right?

Legally? Since when does the law stand in the way of gun carrying nuts.

You actually might be learning....a gun free zone simply makes law abiding, peaceful people leave their guns at home......it does nothing to stop the crazies...because it can't.....read those stories..you will see how often regular people use guns to stop criminals and mass shooters...often with little to no training........

You seem to keep ducking

We are talking about your utopia where everyone gets to pack.
You report Holmes and he tells police he is just a second amendment loving gun owner. He has no record. He just likes to take his AR-15 to the movies

Are you and your eight year old granddaughter going to sit next to him?

I'd have to assess him and what I saw in his behavior, carrying a rifle in public is odd behavior. Those guys in walmart with the rifles and oreos...no problem....the guy in Colorado....no, because he was a creepy person, as revealed by the girl in his college class and his professor...and again, I would call the police......it is odd behavior....then they can make the call and take him into custody for disturbing the peace...

Since carrying a rifle in public is odd...I would sit in a place where I could shoot him easily or I would go to another show. But of course.....if he had the rifle, that would mean I and many others would have pistols...right.....? So he would not pose the threat he did when he just walked in and started shooting. But of course...again....you won't address the fact that he actually did bring a rifle.....regardless of all of your gun laws, he brought it into a gun free zone where no other law abiding citizen had a weapon except for him, the killer.......
So now we are getting an inside look at your gun toting utopia

Everyone brings their guns and eyes each other suspiciously to figure who may be a potential target. Guess it would take only one nervous shot to set everyone off

No dipshit.....you gave a scenario of a very odd person, acting strangely in a theater, following the behavior of past known shooters....vs. the reality of an NRA convention where thousands of people carried concealed guns into a convention center and nothing happened....

So please....sell your crap somewhere else.....you anti gun buddies will act like they see your point...the rest of us know it is just stupid.....
So you, being an NRA indoctrinated gun nut are able to scout everyone in a movie theater and determine who is sane and who is crazy

Even if you spot James Holmes, there is nothing you can do about it, is there? He has a right to whatever weapon of terror he wants when he enters the theater

Let's say I am not able to determine the crazies from the sane....right genius.....it still doesn't matter one little bit does it because if someone is going to kill people in a movie theater the gun free zone sign, licensing guns, registering gun owners, mandating background checks, magazine limits.....are not going to do one thing to stop them....right?

So your point is stupid.....it is already a fact that crazies with guns can shoot up theaters....

All of the people who could carry a gun all day and all night, 24/7, 365 days a year and not shoot one human being..could sit in that theater all day and not shoot anyone...wether they talked during the show or threw popcorn...

And this guy would still have walked in the back door and killed those people...

So your whole point is stupid.......
Yes, because unlike police and the military who are trained in using firearms in a stress filled environment and yet still kill innocent victims.....your average gun nut is capable of hitting his intended target first time, every time

I'd have to assess him and what I saw in his behavior, carrying a rifle in public is odd behavior. Those guys in walmart with the rifles and oreos...no problem....the guy in Colorado....no, because he was a creepy person, as revealed by the girl in his college class and his professor...and again, I would call the police......it is odd behavior....then they can make the call and take him into custody for disturbing the peace...

Since carrying a rifle in public is odd...I would sit in a place where I could shoot him easily or I would go to another show. But of course.....if he had the rifle, that would mean I and many others would have pistols...right.....? So he would not pose the threat he did when he just walked in and started shooting. But of course...again....you won't address the fact that he actually did bring a rifle.....regardless of all of your gun laws, he brought it into a gun free zone where no other law abiding citizen had a weapon except for him, the killer.......

Everyone brings their guns and eyes each other suspiciously to figure who may be a potential target. Guess it would take only one nervous shot to set everyone off

No dipshit.....you gave a scenario of a very odd person, acting strangely in a theater, following the behavior of past known shooters....vs. the reality of an NRA convention where thousands of people carried concealed guns into a convention center and nothing happened....

So please....sell your crap somewhere else.....you anti gun buddies will act like they see your point...the rest of us know it is just stupid.....
So you, being an NRA indoctrinated gun nut are able to scout everyone in a movie theater and determine who is sane and who is crazy

Even if you spot James Holmes, there is nothing you can do about it, is there? He has a right to whatever weapon of terror he wants when he enters the theater

Let's say I am not able to determine the crazies from the sane....right genius.....it still doesn't matter one little bit does it because if someone is going to kill people in a movie theater the gun free zone sign, licensing guns, registering gun owners, mandating background checks, magazine limits.....are not going to do one thing to stop them....right?

So your point is stupid.....it is already a fact that crazies with guns can shoot up theaters....

All of the people who could carry a gun all day and all night, 24/7, 365 days a year and not shoot one human being..could sit in that theater all day and not shoot anyone...wether they talked during the show or threw popcorn...

And this guy would still have walked in the back door and killed those people...

Yes, because unlike police and the military who are trained in using firearms in a stress filled environment and yet still kill innocent victims.....your average gun nut is capable of hitting his intended target first time, every time

Yes...repeat that lie all you want......law abiding gun owners use guns effectively all the time, even in the chaos of mass shootings.....I have listed church shootings,and the churches with armed citizens lost fewer lives, not more, and the Giffords shooting, the 2 concealed carriers did not shoot because they didn't have to....and the mall shooter, the law abiding citizen didn't take the shot, because there were people behind the killer.......and then the killer saw the citizen with the gun and suicided...

Add to that the Smokey mountain shooting and any other number of actual self defense shootings and you will see that what you just posted is stupid and wrong and does not reflect the reality of innocent people using guns for self defense....

You are wrong again and have no idea what you are talking about.....

Yes...in the middle of a mass shooting this guy didn't shoot....he had composure and calm in the face of that chaos....and then the shooter committed suicide when he realized there was a good guy with a gun right there....

Clackamas mall shooter faced man with concealed weapon

The friend and baby hit the floor. Meli, who has a concealed carry permit, positioned himself behinda pillar.

He was working on his rifle, said Meli. He kept pulling the charging handle and hitting the side.

The break in gunfire allowed Meli to pull out his own gun, but he never took his eyes off the shooter.

As Iwas going down to pull, Isaw someone in the back of the Charlotte move, and Iknew if Ifired and missed, I could hit them, he said.

Meli took cover inside a nearby store. He never pulled the trigger. He stands by that decision.

I'm not beating myself up cause I didn't shoot him, said Meli. Iknow after he saw me, I think the last shot he fired was the one he used on himself.

The chances for more people getting killed increases with the amount of guns in the area.
Says no sound statistic anywhere.
I don't want my safety jeopardized by some wanna be hero who doesn't have good accuracy getting into a firefight with a shooter.
And so, when you find yourself in a shot-up theater, pissing yourself, hiding behind your daughter and begging for your life, you'll have no one but yourself, and people like you, to blame for the fact that no one is there to stop the bad guy with a gun.

Mere days after the Lafayette theater shootings that injured 11 and killed two people, plus the gunman, Rick Perry says that what we need is more guns around to stop this kind of violence before it escalates.

Rick Perry guns should be allowed in movie theaters.

Popcorn from home should be allowed in movie theaters. Not guns. What a freak show. He wants to see more shootouts between amateurs in dark theaters when someone is talking too loudly during the movie. That's a hundred strangers in the movie theater. People you know nothing about. Do you really want to trust your life to each and every one of those 100 strangers?
A couple of hundred people all shooting at each other in the dark. What could go wrong?

Mere days after the Lafayette theater shootings that injured 11 and killed two people, plus the gunman, Rick Perry says that what we need is more guns around to stop this kind of violence before it escalates.

Rick Perry guns should be allowed in movie theaters.

Popcorn from home should be allowed in movie theaters. Not guns. What a freak show. He wants to see more shootouts between amateurs in dark theaters when someone is talking too loudly during the movie. That's a hundred strangers in the movie theater. People you know nothing about. Do you really want to trust your life to each and every one of those 100 strangers?
A couple of hundred people all shooting at each other in the dark. What could go wrong?
^^^
More nonsense from the village useful idiot.

Law abiding gun owners routinely deploy their weapons effectively, in high stress violent crime scenarios and drive off, capture, or simply wound their attackers in most cases....usually with little to no training or maintenance of skill.

guns are not rocket science, they do not require Navy Seal skills to use for self defense......
While the mechanical aspects, accurate shot placement and the physical handling of a firearm are important components of a training program they comprise its smallest component. The most time-consuming training components are repetitive drill in assessing situations, rapidly determining proper response, and avoiding improper response.

When to draw a weapon, when not to draw, surveying a potential target's background, knowing when to shoot and when not to shoot, understanding laws re: lethal force, etc., along with situational examples and exercises which require expending 3 - 4 boxes of ammo are a critically important part of a firearm training program. They preconsciously prepare one for potential situations in which they might otherwise be overcome by nervousness and indecision had they not undergone such repetitive conditioning.

Many gun owners are naturally predisposed to proper use of firearms, or they receive training from competent relatives or friends. I'm not concerned with them. But do you believe every ordinary citizen who buys a gun and carries it is competent in its use? If not, why do you oppose a qualification or training requirement?

Last edited:
A qualification or training requirement for handgun carriers would minimize or eliminate that hazard.

Yes...repeat that lie all you want......law abiding gun owners use guns effectively all the time, even in the chaos of mass shootings.....I have listed church shootings,and the churches with armed citizens lost fewer lives, not more, and the Giffords shooting, the 2 concealed carriers did not shoot because they didn't have to....and the mall shooter, the law abiding citizen didn't take the shot, because there were people behind the killer.......and then the killer saw the citizen with the gun and suicided...

Add to that the Smokey mountain shooting and any other number of actual self defense shootings and you will see that what you just posted is stupid and wrong and does not reflect the reality of innocent people using guns for self defense....

Oh yes.......they use guns effectively all the time
To the tune of 30,000 gun deaths a year. Cant get any better than that

These are the people you are counting on to keep us safe in movie theaters

LOL.....who's not winning???:eusa_dance::eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

Record number of Americans oppose handgun ban - The Washington Post

A qualification or training requirement for handgun carriers would minimize or eliminate that hazard.

Exactly right...........and supported by a huge majority.

Have to remember........the views of the progressive k00ks on this board are exceedingly fringe.:up:

Law abiding gun owners routinely deploy their weapons effectively, in high stress violent crime scenarios and drive off, capture, or simply wound their attackers in most cases....usually with little to no training or maintenance of skill.

guns are not rocket science, they do not require Navy Seal skills to use for self defense......
While the mechanical aspects, accurate shot placement and the physical handling of a firearm are important components of a training program they comprise its smallest component. The most time-consuming training components are repetitive drill in assessing situations, rapidly determining proper response, and avoiding improper response.

When to draw a weapon, when not to draw, surveying a potential target's background, knowing when to shoot and when not to shoot, understanding laws re: lethal force, etc., along with situational examples and exercises which require expending 3 - 4 boxes of ammo are a critically important part of a firearm training program. They preconsciously prepare one for potential situations in which they might otherwise be overcome by nervousness and indecision had they not undergone such repetitive conditioning.

Many gun owners are naturally predisposed to proper use of firearms, or they receive training from competent relatives or friends. I'm not concerned with them. But do you believe every ordinary citizen who buys a gun and carries it is competent in its use? If not, why do you oppose a qualification or training requirement?

I have read the stories,have seen the studies...regular people do far better than you give them credit for...and guns are not that difficult to use and more people react to emergencies better than you give them credit for...

as to requiring training...I support people training with their weapons as much as they can....but having studied the tactics of anti gun extremists.....they will exploit that to the point that normal, law abiding people will be prevented from their right....the same way blacks were prevented from voting with literacy tests, poll taxes and propetety requirements. Classes cost money, bullets cost money, classes take time...and if you work hard and long hours you may not be able to get in the required training,,,and thus you are barred from ownership....for something that doesn't require that much skill to actually use.

So no, I don't support mandatory training...it is an unecessary bar to the right to self defense.

of course you lie.....you have to to get past the truth and reality...

There were only 8,454 gun murders in2013....not 30,000 and that number is going down not up

and 12.8 million people now carry guns for self defense and only 8,454 criminals misuse the gun illegally

You pad that number with deliberate acts of suicide, and since countries with absolute gun control have higher suicide rates than us...Japan, China, South Korea......guns are not the issue..

Guns are used on average 2 million times a year to stop or prevent violent criminal attack.....that is the average

The lowest number of 16 gun studies puts the number no less than 764,000 times ayear....

so 8,454 illegal acts with a gun, committed by criminal gangs and drug dealers for yhe most part......vs. 2 million defensive uses.....

but to make your point you have to decieve.......sell your crap to the anti gun extemist nuts...

Do you ever read "the Armed Citizen?" Do you think even 1/4 of those people who successfully use their gun to save themselves have more than a bare minimum of training? I understand what you are saying.....but mandating it is unecessary and an unecessary burden on the right.

I have experienced with my own eyes a fight break out at a movie theater because a couple was talking and the people behind them got upset.....before you could blink a damned eye, an argument ensued and a fight broke out....imagine had each a gun!!

And what would have stopped someone who would be willing to shoot someone for talking from bringing that gun into the theater right now? Care to answer that?

Cowards in this country know only one language and that's the language of violence via a hand gun. Evil can not be contained under any circumstance, however, having everyone armed, is not only stupid but insane....however, coming from a country of the insane, ie the US, one would expect less.

You do realize that more than 12.8 million law abiding, peaceful people are now carrying guns for self defense....and our gun murder rate is going down, not up.....so that shows you are wrong.....

Lets get something clear, I am a gun owner and I am for people being able to protect themselves and their families....however, evil will sneak up on you no matter how secure or protected you are. That is just the nature of human beings. Someday, I pray that should this awful thing occur again, that yes, some law abiding person pops up and kill the guy or gal....but rarely does this happen and you know this....why? Because when all is sad and done, we are a nation of cowards.

Of course you're a gun owner!!!!

[URL=http://s42.photobucket.com/user/baldaltima/media/laugh_1.jpg.html][/URL]

Forum List

Back