Rigged Elections and Voter Fraud - how common is fraud? Not very.

No, it's just one example, the most obvious. Do you need more?

Sure, give me something from this decade.

NC's voter ID law.

Need more?

It will be upheld on appeal, the district court got it right. Next.

Ok, now you're grasping at straws.

At this point - it has not been upheld, it's been quite strongly struck down. Until then, it's an example.

Do you need more examples?

Did you read the decision, the appeals court assumed discrimination where the district court found none.

Yes. Therefore, at this point it has been struck down. You don't know it will be upheld. So it's a viable example along with other similar ones.

This isn't a poll tax. A poll tax eliminates people that can't afford such taxes. At least as far as I read, if a person can claim they can't afford a Voter-ID, it's provided to them at no cost.

The Poll Tax was in reply to a specific question by OKTexas.

I would want an absolute guarantee that every eligible voter can get the necessary ID easily and efficiently. In addition, the list of allowable ID's should be expanded. For example - why is a concealed carry permit or a military ID ok but a student ID not? (in Republican states).

Voting is too important a right to infringe imo and there have been many attempts throughout history to do so.

The same student IDs are given to citizens and foreigners alike.

It still shows who they are.

Concealed carry permits can be given to non-citizens as well, and the ID looks the same.

Then they shouldn't be allowed for voter ID.

Actually why not?

The only point at which you need to prove you are a citizen should be at registration. Otherwise you only need to prove you are who you are and live where you live.

Guess you missed my link where SCOTUS says states can not require proof of citizenship for registration, because federal law says the affirmation is all that's required. And people have never been know to lie when filling out forms, right? Thank you regressives.

Sure, give me something from this decade.

NC's voter ID law.

Need more?

It will be upheld on appeal, the district court got it right. Next.

Ok, now you're grasping at straws.

At this point - it has not been upheld, it's been quite strongly struck down. Until then, it's an example.

Do you need more examples?

Did you read the decision, the appeals court assumed discrimination where the district court found none.

Yes. Therefore, at this point it has been struck down. You don't know it will be upheld. So it's a viable example along with other similar ones.

Yep, I think with the detailed thought included in the circuit court decision, I saw no grounds not to uphold their decision. When you have an appeals court telling a circuit court they couldn't see the forest for the trees, something is fishy.

If I've said it once, I've said it a hundred times. We need to tighten up the registration process and stop wasting taxpayer dollars on a completely ineffective government program.

When you get your driver's license, you have to establish your citizenship. At that point, you should automatically be registered to vote. "Motor voter laws" are great at achieving this.

So automatically register people to vote who really don't care about voting, probably know nothing about politics and issues, and couldn't even tell you what party had leadership of the Congress.

The way I see it, we have way too many uninformed people voting as it is. We certainly don't need more of them--if anything, less of them.

We also have a lot of uninformed people owning guns.

But that is not sufficient reason to disenfranchise them of their rights.
Really? Uninformed about what?

Has anyone figured out how the Dems are going to rig the election given that most of the states election processes are controlled by Republicans? :dunno:
explain how that has anything to do with the fact that dems commit egregious voter fraud? There is no equivalency and you have shown yet again how disingenuous...or stupid...you are.

It still shows who they are.

Concealed carry permits can be given to non-citizens as well, and the ID looks the same.

Really? What state is that, because you can't get a permit here unless you are checked out since the day you turned 18. You have to sign a form that you are a US citizen.

Last night, every person who entered the debate hall was required to show ID. The FAUX argument Leftists give about racism is utter horse shit and we all know it. We've seen the Wiki emails, the Project Veritas videos so we know liberals are nothing but liars and cheats. President Trump will change and support VOTER ID be required in all states thru lining a principled SCOTUS that upholds the US Constitution. Don't even argue with a leftist any longer.. They're as CORRUPT and CRIMINAL as it gets.

I would want an absolute guarantee that every eligible voter can get the necessary ID easily and efficiently. In addition, the list of allowable ID's should be expanded. For example - why is a concealed carry permit or a military ID ok but a student ID not? (in Republican states).

Voting is too important a right to infringe imo and there have been many attempts throughout history to do so.

There is no rights violation here. If you want to vote (or just to do about anything else in society) you need to have a picture ID. Without ID, you can't apply for a loan for a house, you can't apply for a bank loan of any kind, you can't buy cigarettes, alcohol, board a plane, cash a check, so who are these people that live their lives without doing any of these things?

A CCW permit and military ID is issued by the government. That's all we ask of voters; to have a government form of picture identification.

If you need assistance with food, power, water, etc you are required to show an ID. If you purchase alcohol or cigarettes you are required to have an ID. Funny how the welfare LEFT can always find that ID when freebies are in order.

When you board a plane, a train, a cruise ship you are required to show ID. When you purchase a car, a home you are required to show ID. When you rent a car, a house you are required proof of ID.

Liberals ARE LIARS, CORRUPT and CRIMINAL.. Do not argue with criminals.. it serves no purpose. We all know the truth.. and so do they. Now it's time to get out the vote, our ground game and win this.

If you need assistance with food, power, water, etc you are required to show an ID. If you purchase alcohol or cigarettes you are required to have an ID. Funny how the welfare LEFT can always find that ID when freebies are in order.

And how soon they forget the Al Gore--Bush race.

The liberals cried like babies because their voters were too stupid to punch a hole in a card. So everybody across the nation had to get rid of their punch card ballots and replace them with computers. Then when Bush won again, they cried because they didn't like the brand of machine. They claimed that the manufacturer was Bush friendly. So we had to spend the hundreds of millions of dollars once again to replace those machines.

Liberals were all for that kind of major expense and time spent, but to have everybody go out and get an identification? Forget it. Money and time wasted. And how much evidence did we have that punch card machines were a problem with fraud? None. Zero.

And how soon they forget the Al Gore--Bush race.

The liberals cried like babies because their voters were too stupid to punch a hole in a card. So everybody across the nation had to get rid of their punch card ballots and replace them with computers. Then when Bush won again, they cried because they didn't like the brand of machine. They claimed that the manufacturer was Bush friendly. So we had to spend the hundreds of millions of dollars once again to replace those machines.

Liberals were all for that kind of major expense and time spent, but to have everybody go out and get an identification? Forget it. Money and time wasted. And how much evidence did we have that punch card machines were a problem with fraud? None. Zero.

They remember it.. For a corrupt and criminal liberal, it's called LYING.

Has anyone figured out how the Dems are going to rig the election given that most of the states election processes are controlled by Republicans? :dunno:
explain how that has anything to do with the fact that dems commit egregious voter fraud? There is no equivalency and you have shown yet again how disingenuous...or stupid...you are.
KG, chill and read both the title and op...that should clue you in as to the topic.

There is no rights violation here. If you want to vote (or just to do about anything else in society) you need to have a picture ID. Without ID, you can't apply for a loan for a house, you can't apply for a bank loan of any kind, you can't buy cigarettes, alcohol, board a plane, cash a check, so who are these people that live their lives without doing any of these things?

A CCW permit and military ID is issued by the government. That's all we ask of voters; to have a government form of picture identification.
Funny how both those id's favor repub voters.

KG, chill and read both the title and op...that should clue you in as to the topic.
I know what the topic is.I asked you to clarify your stupid comment. You can't because it's softheaded nonsense, so you will pretend im off topic when I ask YOU to clarify what YOU said.

Ill ask again...explain how Republicans are responsible for dem voter fraud in the states they supposedly 'control'.

And then tell us all how that is off topic?

Funny how both those id's favor repub voters.

How? Because it prevents voter fraud, and therefore allows the will of the will of the people to carry elections?

No keyboard, I'll deal with this later.....
Provisional Voting | California Secretary of State

Absentee ballots are signature checked against the signature on record for the voter so, no, they aren't filled out for "kids, pets, dead husbands, etc." and again, no, the "kids" can't "vote again walk in". They are identified in the Roster as already having voted if their Vote by Mail ballot was mailed in.

The only thing you got half right was that CA allows you to walk in and vote provisionally if you are not registered. The part you left off is that their ballot is not counted. That will change in 2017 when CA adopts conditional same day registration, but the voter must register and vote provisionally and those ballots are only counted after the registrations are input, run through the statewide database and cleared.

Finally, no, CA does not only count provisional ballots if the race is close. All provisional ballots are processed and qualified ballots are counted.

Forum List

Back