Right-Wing Billionaires Behind Mitt Romney

Right-Wing Billionaires Behind Mitt Romney | Politics News | Rolling Stone

They're trying to buy a presidency - and they expect a big payoff on their investment

The undisputed master of Super PAC money is Mitt Romney. In the primary season alone, Romney's rich friends invested $52 million in his Super PAC, Restore Our Future – a number that's expected to more than double in the coming months. This unprecedented infusion of money from America's monied elites underscores the radical transformation of the Republican Party, which has made defending the interests of 0.0001 percent the basis of its entire platform. "Money buys power," the Nobel Prize-winning economist Paul Krugman observed recently, "and the increasing wealth of a tiny minority has effectively bought the allegiance of one of our two major political parties." In short, the political polarization and gridlock in Washington are a direct result of the GOP's capitulation to Big Money.

That capitulation is evident in Romney's campaign. Most of the megadonors backing his candidacy are elderly billionaires: Their median age is 66, and their median wealth is $1 billion. Each is looking for a payoff that will benefit his business interests, and they will all profit from Romney's pledge to eliminate inheritance taxes, extend the Bush tax cuts for the superwealthy – and then slash the top tax rate by another 20 percent. Romney has firmly joined the ranks of the economic nutcases who spout the lie of trickle-down economics. "Support from billionaires has always been the main thing keeping those charlatans and cranks in business," Krugman noted. "And now the same people effectively own a whole political party."

Go for it. I have an umbrella, a tarp, and I'm wearing teflon undies.

all these folks are trying to buy a presidency - and they expected a big payoff on their investment:eusa_whistle:

University of California $1,648,685
Goldman Sachs $1,013,091
Harvard University $878,164
Microsoft Corp $852,167
Google Inc $814,540
JPMorgan Chase & Co $808,799
Citigroup Inc $736,771
Time Warner $624,618
Sidley Austin LLP $600,298
Stanford University $595,716
National Amusements Inc $563,798
WilmerHale LLP $550,668
Columbia University $547,852
Skadden, Arps et al $543,539
UBS AG $532,674
IBM Corp $532,372
General Electric $529,855
US Government $513,308
Morgan Stanley $512,232
Latham & Watkins $503,295

Top Contributors to Barack Obama | OpenSecrets

:rolleyes:

The organizations themselves did not donate , rather the money came from the organizations' PACs, their individual members or employees or owners, and those individuals' immediate families.

What the fuck is wrong with you right wingers? Do you think that we won't read your links because you won't read "anything"? Seriously, dude. You went to all that effort to put together that post and then you look ridiculous - or worse.

I know right wingers don't take responsibility for anything they do. But you really should read your link first. And if you don't know what it means, don't link to it. Even if it has a pretty title. Right wingers leave me flabbergasted. Think this guy even knows what I'm talking about?

And look. Some other idiot named "The T" even thanked him. Damn.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jon Corzine, Obama's tainted bundler

Jon Corzine left Goldman Sachs with a net worth far exceeding even that of Mitt Romney today. Many accounts of his tenure at Goldman suggest he "failed up" the corporate ladder.

Pushed out of Goldman in a power struggle (sparked in part by his support for a government bailout of Long-Term Capital Management), he nonetheless pocketed somewhere between $350 million and $500 million when the company went public. He used the cash to buy himself a Senate seat, spending $62 million out of his own pocket.

After the Senate, he spent nearly $40 million of his own money to win the New Jersey governorship. While he was running for senator, the married-but-separated Corzine struck up a romantic relationship with Carla Katz, also married and head of Local 1034 of the Communications Workers of America. They broke up in 2004, but the flirting apparently never ended. In 2007, Katz and Corzine were both involved in negotiations over a state workers contract. In one email during that time obtained by the Newark Star-Ledger, Katz informs the governor, "BTW, I had an over the top erotic dream about you last night. Bad boy!!"

Bad boy indeed. When the couple broke up, and after her union had endorsed Corzine and worked for his re-election, the governor's lawyers negotiated a settlement whereby he reportedly paid Katz more than $6 million and forgave a half-million-dollar loan he made to her when they were still an item.

Jon Corzine, Obama's tainted bundler - JSOnline

They're trying to buy a presidency - and they expect a big payoff on their investment

all these folks are trying to buy a presidency - and they expected a big payoff on their investment:eusa_whistle:

Goldman Sachs $1,013,091
Microsoft Corp $852,167
Google Inc $814,540
Citigroup Inc $736,771
Time Warner $624,618
WilmerHale LLP $550,668
UBS AG $532,674
IBM Corp $532,372
US Government $513,308
Morgan Stanley $512,232

The organizations themselves did not donate , rather the money came from the organizations' PACs, their individual members or employees or owners, and those individuals' immediate families.

What the fuck is wrong with you right wingers? Do you think that we won't read your links because you won't read "anything"? Seriously, dude. You went to all that effort to put together that post and then you look ridiculous - or worse.

I know right wingers don't take responsibility for anything they do. But you really sure read your link first. And if you don't know what it means, don't link to it. Even if it has a pretty title.

who made you the boss?

Jon Corzine left Goldman Sachs with a net worth far exceeding even that of Mitt Romney today. Many accounts of his tenure at Goldman suggest he "failed up" the corporate ladder.

Pushed out of Goldman in a power struggle (sparked in part by his support for a government bailout of Long-Term Capital Management), he nonetheless pocketed somewhere between $350 million and $500 million when the company went public. He used the cash to buy himself a Senate seat, spending $62 million out of his own pocket.

After the Senate, he spent nearly $40 million of his own money to win the New Jersey governorship. While he was running for senator, the married-but-separated Corzine struck up a romantic relationship with Carla Katz, also married and head of Local 1034 of the Communications Workers of America. They broke up in 2004, but the flirting apparently never ended. In 2007, Katz and Corzine were both involved in negotiations over a state workers contract. In one email during that time obtained by the Newark Star-Ledger, Katz informs the governor, "BTW, I had an over the top erotic dream about you last night. Bad boy!!"

Bad boy indeed. When the couple broke up, and after her union had endorsed Corzine and worked for his re-election, the governor's lawyers negotiated a settlement whereby he reportedly paid Katz more than $6 million and forgave a half-million-dollar loan he made to her when they were still an item.

Obamacorzine.jpg

"Best Buds"​

Goldman Sachs $1,013,091
Microsoft Corp $852,167
Google Inc $814,540
Citigroup Inc $736,771
Time Warner $624,618
WilmerHale LLP $550,668
UBS AG $532,674
IBM Corp $532,372
US Government $513,308
Morgan Stanley $512,232

I know right wingers don't take responsibility for anything they do. But you really should read your link first. And if you don't know what it means, don't link to it. Even if it has a pretty title. Right wingers leave me flabbergasted. Think this guy even knows what I'm talking about?

hack+dolt= Rdean.....so sad....well, not really, its congenital...

Goldman Sachs $1,013,091
Microsoft Corp $852,167
Google Inc $814,540
Citigroup Inc $736,771
Time Warner $624,618
WilmerHale LLP $550,668
UBS AG $532,674
IBM Corp $532,372
US Government $513,308
Morgan Stanley $512,232

I know right wingers don't take responsibility for anything they do. But you really sure read your link first. And if you don't know what it means, don't link to it. Even if it has a pretty title.

who made you the boss?

Why? Cuz I read?

Obamacorzine.jpg

"Best Buds"​

BF's ...ForEvah!

Goldman Sachs $1,013,091
Microsoft Corp $852,167
Google Inc $814,540
Citigroup Inc $736,771
Time Warner $624,618
WilmerHale LLP $550,668
UBS AG $532,674
IBM Corp $532,372
US Government $513,308
Morgan Stanley $512,232

You don't even know what I talked about. Hilarious. How do you guys stay so confident? Is that what ignorance brings? Confidence?

Obamacorzine.jpg

"Best Buds"​

BF's ...ForEvah!

two crooks in a pea pod there

You don't even know what I talked about. Hilarious. How do you guys stay so confident? Is that what ignorance brings? Confidence?

Project much deany?

The undisputed master of Super PAC money is Mitt Romney. In the primary season alone, Romney's rich friends invested $52 million in his Super PAC, Restore Our Future – a number that's expected to more than double in the coming months. This unprecedented infusion of money from America's monied elites underscores the radical transformation of the Republican Party, which has made defending the interests of 0.0001 percent the basis of its entire platform. "Money buys power," the Nobel Prize-winning economist Paul Krugman observed recently, "and the increasing wealth of a tiny minority has effectively bought the allegiance of one of our two major political parties." In short, the political polarization and gridlock in Washington are a direct result of the GOP's capitulation to Big Money.

That capitulation is evident in Romney's campaign. Most of the megadonors backing his candidacy are elderly billionaires: Their median age is 66, and their median wealth is $1 billion. Each is looking for a payoff that will benefit his business interests, and they will all profit from Romney's pledge to eliminate inheritance taxes, extend the Bush tax cuts for the superwealthy – and then slash the top tax rate by another 20 percent. Romney has firmly joined the ranks of the economic nutcases who spout the lie of trickle-down economics. "Support from billionaires has always been the main thing keeping those charlatans and cranks in business," Krugman noted. "And now the same people effectively own a whole political party."

Goldman Sachs $1,013,091
Microsoft Corp $852,167
Google Inc $814,540
Citigroup Inc $736,771
Time Warner $624,618
WilmerHale LLP $550,668
UBS AG $532,674
IBM Corp $532,372
US Government $513,308
Morgan Stanley $512,232

Look at it again, idiot children. This is what he said, "they expected a big payoff on their investment". Then you go to this moron's link and it says, "The organizations themselves did not donate".

Come on guys. Just stop. You guys can't be this dense. It's not possible. If these organizations didn't contribute, they are not Obama's biggest contributors. The title is misleading. Did that have to be explained?

Goldman Sachs $1,013,091
Microsoft Corp $852,167
Google Inc $814,540
Citigroup Inc $736,771
Time Warner $624,618
WilmerHale LLP $550,668
UBS AG $532,674
IBM Corp $532,372
US Government $513,308
Morgan Stanley $512,232

Look at it again, idiot children. This is what he said, "they expected a big payoff on their investment". Then you go to this moron's link and it says, "The organizations themselves did not donate".

Come on guys. Just stop. You guys can't be this dense. It's not possible. If these organizations didn't contribute, they are not Obama's biggest contributors. The title is misleading. Did that have to be explained?

You mean there are larger ones than the TAXPAYERS?

So what would George Clooney and the couple of hundred people who showed up to pay 40,000 a plate to support Obama be? I'm pretty sure the middle class people do not have 40,000 laying around for something like that.

So what would George Clooney and the couple of hundred people who showed up to pay 40,000 a plate to support Obama be? I'm pretty sure the middle class people do not have 40,000 laying around for something like that.

$40k vs millions? That makes sense for you? K.

Here's How Mitt Romney Stole $10 Billion

40,000 a plate a 150 or more people that adds up to a minimum 6 million dollars and the final total was probably more. I hate to be the one to break this to you but there are millionaires and billionaires who donate to Obama and the Democrats as well and as far as I know they have never refused a dime from any of them.

40,000 a plate a 150 or more people that adds up to a minimum 6 million dollars and the final total was probably more. I hate to be the one to break this to you but there are millionaires and billionaires who donate to Obama and the Democrats as well and as far as I know they have never refused a dime from any of them.

Yes. Split betwen 150 people. Not one millionaire kicking over 7-8 figures.

Of course the left wing millionaires and billionaires supporting left wing candidates and Obama are no bad or cause for concern right? What happened to your call for civility and less partisan postings?

Forum List

Back