Right Wingers eating crow on price of gasoline. $1.39 in Indiana.

HARWOOD: As difficult as this is for consumers right now, is, in fact, high gas prices what we need to let the market work, a line incentive so that we do shift to alternative means of energy?

Sen. OBAMA: Well, I think that we have been slow to move in a better direction when it comes to energy usage. And the president, frankly, hasn’t had an energy policy. And as a consequence, we’ve been consuming energy as if it’s infinite. We now know that our demand is badly outstripping supply with China and India growing as rapidly as they are. So…

HARWOOD: So could these high prices help us?

Sen. OBAMA: I think that I would have preferred a gradual adjustment. The fact that this is such a shock to American pocketbooks is not a good thing. But if we take some steps right now to help people make the adjustment, first of all by putting more money into their pockets, but also by encouraging the market to adapt to these new circumstances more quickly, particularly US automakers, then I think ultimately, we can come out of this stronger and have a more efficient energy policy than we do right now.

10 best rising gas prices quotes

“Somehow, we have to figure out how to boost the price of gasoline to the levels in Europe.” – Energy Secretary Steven Chu (Sept. 2008)

So where in this 2008 interview did Obama say 'he' wanted to raise the price of gasoline on consumers? Here he responds to a question in 2008 about the then free-market high gas prices that happened during Bush's term. he does not say he 'wants' high gas prices as a presidential candidate. That would be political suicide. He is saying that when these high gas prices hit consumers he prefers they come gradually rather than as a shock. Then he explains what needs to be done to ease the shock.

Chu was not Energy Secretary in 2008. Repeating that as your cite is just outright lying. It's been pointed out here many times that Chu no longer considered using a tax policy on gasoline that he had held before he was confirmed by Congress to become Secretary of the Energy Dept in the Obama Administration.

HARWOOD: As difficult as this is for consumers right now, is, in fact, high gas prices what we need to let the market work, a line incentive so that we do shift to alternative means of energy?

Sen. OBAMA: Well, I think that we have been slow to move in a better direction when it comes to energy usage. And the president, frankly, hasn’t had an energy policy. And as a consequence, we’ve been consuming energy as if it’s infinite. We now know that our demand is badly outstripping supply with China and India growing as rapidly as they are. So…

Sen. OBAMA: I think that I would have preferred a gradual adjustment. The fact that this is such a shock to American pocketbooks is not a good thing. But if we take some steps right now to help people make the adjustment, first of all by putting more money into their pockets, but also by encouraging the market to adapt to these new circumstances more quickly, particularly US automakers, then I think ultimately, we can come out of this stronger and have a more efficient energy policy than we do right now.

“Somehow, we have to figure out how to boost the price of gasoline to the levels in Europe.” – Energy Secretary Steven Chu (Sept. 2008)

So where in this 2008 interview did Obama say 'he' wanted to raise the price of gasoline on consumers? Here he responds to a question in 2008 about the then free-market high gas prices that happened during Bush's term. he does not say he 'wants' high gas prices as a presidential candidate. That would be political suicide. He is saying that when these high gas prices hit consumers he prefers they come gradually rather than as a shock. Then he explains what needs to be done to ease the shock.

Chu was not Energy Secretary in 2008. Repeating that as your cite is just outright lying. It's been pointed out here many times that Chu no longer considered using a tax policy on gasoline that he had held before he was confirmed by Congress to become Secretary of the Energy Dept in the Obama Administration.

" I think that I would have preferred a gradual adjustment."

Meaning, he wanted the price to increase, only slower.

I guess it's useless to point out that Obama is on record as hoping that gas goes up to $4 a gallon and that the drop in gas prices has occurred partly because courts and Congress have stopped Obama from implementing his most drastic anti-fossil-fuel measures (such as when a federal court stopped Team Obama from shutting down the huge drilling operation in North Dakota)?

Of course not. He must have meant a gradual adjustment lower. You know, so as not to upset the economy so much and have a big economic boom.

So where in this 2008 interview did Obama say 'he' wanted to raise the price of gasoline on consumers? Here he responds to a question in 2008 about the then free-market high gas prices that happened during Bush's term. he does not say he 'wants' high gas prices as a presidential candidate. That would be political suicide.

Finally, you're starting to catch on.

Makes perfect sense to me but I'm not a blind partisan nutter who loves to twist and lie.

whatever you have to tell yourselves Rw'ers. It took a two-term Democrat President to get prices down

It's difficult to believe anyone is stupid enough to believe Obama deserves the credit for lower oil prices. They can't name a single thing he did to bring them down.

He has done some things. He refuses to take out ISIS oil wells because he's afraid of the environmental damage we may do in the process. It's better to let ISIS make a million or two a day than to hurt the environment.

I guess it's useless to point out that Obama is on record as hoping that gas goes up to $4 a gallon and that the drop in gas prices has occurred partly because courts and Congress have stopped Obama from implementing his most drastic anti-fossil-fuel measures (such as when a federal court stopped Team Obama from shutting down the huge drilling operation in North Dakota)?
link?

repubs whining about our President's low gas prices?

758fab1d

He said his nomination would mark the time the rise of the oceans stopped.
Do you think he meant to do that by lowering the cost of fossil fuels?
I know you're a moron, but, seriously? LOL!

It's amazing how high you dupes can pile the irrelevant Pubcrappe....time for more tin foil...

So Franco...you asked me for a link about the deal Barry worked out with the Chinese...and when I provided it...YOU RAN FROM THE QUESTION I ASKED, LIKE SUPERMAN FROM KRYTONITE!

So did you want to take a crack at explaining how letting the Chinese continue to increase their CO2 pollution for the next 15 years and only THEN cap it...while we are reducing ours starting NOW is a good deal for the US?

repubs whining about our President's low gas prices?

758fab1d

Nobody is whining about low gas prices, Dottie. We're thrilled with them. What's laughable is you liberals claiming that you had ANYTHING to do with lowering those prices!

Your mindless obstructionist GOP has blocked all other solutions, functional moron.

Name an Obama "solution" to economic growth that the GOP has blocked, Franco. Better yet...name an Obama "solution" to economic growth that this President has even PROPOSED!
Everything, functional moron- CHANGE THE CHANNEL. Another stimulus, infrastructure jobs bill, raise min wage, tax the rich and corps more like their fair share and invest in America, free community college and training for 3 million tech jobs going begging etc etc etc. IDIOT.

Speaking of idiot, do you know what the word "broke" means?

Broke means no money. Broke means in debt. Broke means failure.

Why liberals always strive for failure is beyond me.
You think the bloated rich and giant corps are broke? Ay caramba.

No, but our government is, and nearly everything you listed would have to come from that very same broke government.

You don't follow along very good......do you?

Franco can't follow along...he's as dumb as a box of rocks. Whenever he tries to post something besides "Pub Dupe...Pub Dupe!" he seldom fails to embarrass himself.

It's amazing how high you dupes can pile the irrelevant Pubcrappe....time for more tin foil...

So Franco...you asked me for a link about the deal Barry worked out with the Chinese...and when I provided it...YOU RAN FROM THE QUESTION I ASKED, LIKE SUPERMAN FROM KRYTONITE!

So did you want to take a crack at explaining how letting the Chinese continue to increase their CO2 pollution for the next 15 years and only THEN cap it...while we are reducing ours starting NOW is a good deal for the US?

DumBama can't make China do anything he wants. It's the same type of deal he made with Iran "postpone it until I'm out of office."

DumBama can't make China do anything he wants. It's the same type of deal he made with Iran "postpone it until I'm out of office."
44 ran for President and won TWICE!!! Whats on your resume hack boi? Thats a rhetorical question :eusa_shhh:

44 ran for President and won TWICE!!! Whats on your resume hack boi? Thats a rhetorical question :eusa_shhh:

When did I say I planned on running for President?

Did you want to take a crack at explaining why the climate deal Barry cut with China is good for the US, Dottie? Answering that seems to be above Franco's "pay grade".

Forum List

Back