🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

RIP BSA in a disgraceful lopsided vote

I know things like this were said about blacks. I'm not that familiar because I've never been prejiduce. I'm Christian, and God never said anyone was any better than anyone else...he never said that being a different "color" was an abomination! I've never been against blacks and white's marrying or anything else! So to me, that's a non-issue.

But God did say that homosexuality IS an abomination. We're to love everyone, but we don't have to agree with everyone, and we're not expected to throw our morals out the window just so someone else can have what they want. Why should I be expected to just put up with something i think is wrong, just so someone else can have their way? They don't care if they offend us, in fact I think they live for doing that! But if we offend them??? Shit will be flying! What's so fair about that?

Um thumper with brains of shit, America has a constitution its laws re not your bible. You can think and believe anything you want. Thankfully this country is evolving :eek:

It really must chap your ass that gay people can now openly serve in the military

Ya, it does. And you'd probably be surprised how many in the military it pisses off. But whatever they want now they get....screw the rest of society. Hell, they served before anyway, just kept it "in the closet". Now they can flaunt their style around wherever they want...first time i see 2 men in uniform kissing i'll probably puke!
My tolerance only goes so far. This just shows how right God and the Bible is....we're told in the end days right will be considered wrong & wrong will be right....good will be considered evil, and evil will be good, brother will be against brother. Can't deny that's how it is today....

My favorite quote from the Bible : " Live as one of them discover where your strength and your power are needed. Always hold in your heart the pride of your special heritage. They can be a great people,,IF they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you... my only son. " It shows how much we are loved.

nothing---you don't have to do a damn thing wrong to not be eligible for something. No need to be all butt hurt. There's a million things I can't do because I'm not eligible. Big deal--move on to something else.

If that is the case then the Boy Scouts are doing the right thing in not kicking out a boy who has embraced scouting. I have seen boys in scouting who admitted to sexual activity and they are not kicked out under the guise of being "morally straight" yet a homosexual boy would be kicked out

They should ALL be kicked out then....doesn't matter if they're straight or not. They're too young and it shouldn't be tolerated by anyone. If the leaders let something like that go on then they should be kicked out too.

Got it..

Virginity tests for all boys

I know things like this were said about blacks. I'm not that familiar because I've never been prejiduce. I'm Christian, and God never said anyone was any better than anyone else...he never said that being a different "color" was an abomination! I've never been against blacks and white's marrying or anything else! So to me, that's a non-issue.

But God did say that homosexuality IS an abomination. We're to love everyone, but we don't have to agree with everyone, and we're not expected to throw our morals out the window just so someone else can have what they want. Why should I be expected to just put up with something i think is wrong, just so someone else can have their way? They don't care if they offend us, in fact I think they live for doing that! But if we offend them??? Shit will be flying! What's so fair about that?

Um thumper with brains of shit, America has a constitution its laws re not your bible. You can think and believe anything you want. Thankfully this country is evolving :eek:

It really must chap your ass that gay people can now openly serve in the military

Ya, it does. And you'd probably be surprised how many in the military it pisses off. But whatever they want now they get....screw the rest of society. Hell, they served before anyway, just kept it "in the closet". Now they can flaunt their style around wherever they want...first time i see 2 men in uniform kissing i'll probably puke!
My tolerance only goes so far. This just shows how right God and the Bible is....we're told in the end days right will be considered wrong & wrong will be right....good will be considered evil, and evil will be good, brother will be against brother. Can't deny that's how it is today....

Face it thumper your world is over in America, go stand on hill side and wait for your jesus

Last edited by a moderator:
If scouts are losing numbers in great amounts there are many factors not just the gay issue. I am a den leader and I oppose this simply because my son is too young to be dealing with these adult issues.

That's the crux of the issue.

Kids that age don't have a sexuality yet, or at least shouldn't have it as a focal point in their lives.

Gays are fighting for what they believe in......I'm fighting for what I believe in! There needs to be compromise somewhere, but they won't even think of it! They want it all or nothing....and they don't care who they offend or hurt by doing it. As long as in the end they have what they want....

They are in the scouts....You are not

You want to kick them out. Where is your compromise?

Ok...i may have worded that wrong. The compromise I'm talking about is with EVERYTHING. Heterosexuals have "marriages". Why do the gays have to call their union a marriage? Call it anything else and get all the same benefits married couples get! Why can't they compromise on that?

Why couldn't they compromise on this Boy scout issue? It's for BOYS. If they don't feel like they're a "boy", then start their out type of gay scout troup. Because they want everything exactly the way straights have it, no matter who they piss off or offend. I think the more people they piss off the happier they are! Why take something away from one group of people just to make others happy? I just don't get it!

Face it thumper your world is over in America, go stand on hill side and wait for your jesus

Whatever....you're right, America, and this world, will change. But not how you think or what you want.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gays are fighting for what they believe in......I'm fighting for what I believe in! There needs to be compromise somewhere, but they won't even think of it! They want it all or nothing....and they don't care who they offend or hurt by doing it. As long as in the end they have what they want....

Ok...i may have worded that wrong. The compromise I'm talking about is with EVERYTHING. Heterosexuals have "marriages". Why do the gays have to call their union a marriage? Call it anything else and get all the same benefits married couples get! Why can't they compromise on that?

Why couldn't they compromise on this Boy scout issue? It's for BOYS. If they don't feel like they're a "boy", then start their out type of gay scout troup. Because they want everything exactly the way straights have it, no matter who they piss off or offend. I think the more people they piss off the happier they are! Why take something away from one group of people just to make others happy? I just don't get it!

IMHO they are angry at whatever injustices have been leveled that them over the years and want to tear down heteros instead of building up their own institutions. That would take some work and once you show that you can accomplish something on your own, your victim status is blown all too hell.

IMHO, a lit of parents will dis-enroll their children in the BSA and it will soon whither away.

R.I.P.

images

The problem is that they start when they are boys. Most of the kids in our troop came over from Cub Scouts. Very, very few enter Boy Scouts past the age of thirteen. They grow up in scouting long before they establish their sexuality. They build friendships, learn leadership skills, set their goals on Eagle Scout.

Why do you want to kick them out?

The problem is that they start when they are boys. Most of the kids in our troop came over from Cub Scouts. Very, very few enter Boy Scouts past the age of thirteen. They grow up in scouting long before they establish their sexuality. They build friendships, learn leadership skills, set their goals on Eagle Scout.

Why do you want to kick them out?

Well...if they could keep it to themselves, fine. But the older they get the more sexually active they get.THEN is the time for them to get out, if they can't control it.

Why would a gay boy want to join the boy scouts anyway? He doesn't think of himself as a boy. Same with lesbians! Why don't they start their own group and leave tradition alone, for a change!?!?
Because they have an agenda, and they won't stop until they have it all their way. They couldn't care less if they offend anyone else.....

You are confusing homosexuals with transsexuals

A lot of people make that mistake

Klinger-MASH-small.jpg

No I'm not....

And you use Klinger as an example :) Lol!

Why would a gay boy want to join the boy scouts anyway? He doesn't think of himself as a boy. Same with lesbians!

So you were a gay boy? I mean, how else would you know what they think of themselves.

I've known gay men who were more masculine than many straight men, especially with all the metrosexual behavior of younger guys today. My younger sister is a lesbian and she's just as feminine in her mannerisms and appearance as any other woman. Unless she told you she was gay you'd wouldn't even know.

Ok...I agree. I know of many like that. I've seen men that seem to be very masculine, and found out later they were gay and I was almost in shock! But that doesn't take away from the fact that it's a man that likes other men. I have no problem with gays or lesbians, as long as i'm not bothered by them. but I do have a problem when they want to change things that were ONLY heterosexual. They can come up with their own ideas...don't take ours away from us!

Why would a gay boy want to join the boy scouts anyway? He doesn't think of himself as a boy. Same with lesbians! Why don't they start their own group and leave tradition alone, for a change!?!?
Because they have an agenda, and they won't stop until they have it all their way. They couldn't care less if they offend anyone else.....

That religious fundamentalism has really fucked up your head,Very sad:eusa_think:

And Christian hatred has really fucked up yours....you have no tolerance and couldn't care less if we lost everything we have. because we have our own ideals and morals, you say we're wrong. Very sad on your part also....

Hang on a moment....

Yes, thought so.

The thread title mentions a vote.
That must mean the majority opinion won the day.

This bloody freedom to vote thing gets right in the way of your right to hate poofters.
A disgrace.

The OP is upset about the BSA making their own decisions for themselves, apparently.

the bible thumping christers aren't happy until they have someone to be against, cannot do it to the jews or blacks any more so now its the gays turn in the barrel

What a stupid comment....and a lie.

That religious fundamentalism has really fucked up your head,Very sad:eusa_think:

And Christian hatred has really fucked up yours....you have no tolerance and couldn't care less if we lost everything we have. because we have our own ideals and morals, you say we're wrong. Very sad on your part also....

No one forces you to do any thing when other people gain rights.

Hang on a moment....

Yes, thought so.

The thread title mentions a vote.
That must mean the majority opinion won the day.

This bloody freedom to vote thing gets right in the way of your right to hate poofters.
A disgrace.

The OP is upset about the BSA making their own decisions for themselves, apparently.

the bible thumping christers aren't happy until they have someone to be against, cannot do it to the jews or blacks any more so now its the gays turn in the barrel

I'm also very much against it when girls try to get on the boys football team! It's BOYS FOOTBALL, get on the girls team! Why does ANYONE have the right to change something that so many are against??

That Christian charity thingy, that love for others, as one loves themselves - should anyone seek to bury the Scouts over this, may just as well lay them both side by side in the same graveyard.

Christians are admonished to love sinners not become sinners to show how much they love sinners. God loves sinners and still destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah because the sinners would not give up their sinful ways. When Jesus forgave the whore he didn't understand her, or sympathize. He didn't recognize the validity of the alternative lifestyle. He said "Go and sin no more."

Christians are admonished to love sinners not become sinners to show how much they love sinners. God loves sinners and still destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah because the sinners would not give up their sinful ways. When Jesus forgave the whore he didn't understand her, or sympathize. He didn't recognize the validity of the alternative lifestyle. He said "Go and sin no more."

Christianity advocated slavery " Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ. (Ephesians 6:5 NLT)" so the moral high ground is not theirs.

Forum List

Back