🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

RIP BSA in a disgraceful lopsided vote

I do not see what the issue is. When growing up I belonged to BSA in NYC we had all kinds of kids and the troop wasn't connected to any religious organization. Some scout even claimed they didn't believe in gods and some boys were known to be homosexuals, heck we even had few fundamentalist Christians . Everybody got long and was accepted as the focus of the scout were to have good time and learn new skills. It seems some wacko's go control of the BSA somewhere in between then and now. But good to see they are more accepting of reality now .

Same here, Troop 351 in Manhattan in the mid- late 70's

Manhattan? Where'd ya hold your camp outs....Central Park?

I do not see what the issue is. When growing up I belonged to BSA in NYC we had all kinds of kids and the troop wasn't connected to any religious organization. Some scout even claimed they didn't believe in gods and some boys were known to be homosexuals, heck we even had few fundamentalist Christians . Everybody got long and was accepted as the focus of the scout were to have good time and learn new skills. It seems some wacko's go control of the BSA somewhere in between then and now. But good to see they are more accepting of reality now .

Early 60's, Rockaway Beach troop 409 , we used to camp at camp alpine in NJ and camp Pouch on S.I. was great fun!!

Spent a lot of time in Alpine N.J. and Spruce Pond across from the famous Red Apple Rest!!!

I'm curious, did the same folks who claim the BSA is dead make the same claims when it voted to allow colored boys in?

It is a great organisation, on I am proud to have my son be a part of.

My son is an Eagle Scout and it is about the boys

Our troop took in boys that had learning disabilities, behavioral problems, social awkwardness, physical disabilities all with the idea that the Scouting experience would help them in life

Why the BSA would not want to help a boy who was homosexual is beyond me

Liberals think it's the right thing to do. The millions of boys that will drop out of the scouts because liberals think its the right thing to do, disagree.

Why argue? Really. This has happened before. It happened to the Girl Scouts. It's not like this is some brand new concept that has never been done before.

Religious groups that used to support Boy Scout troops are already moving into the Royal Ambassadors. It is a good alternative. Those groups can say "We support gay inclusion in the Boy Scouts. We just don't happen to have any scout troops associated with our organization. We use the Royal Ambassadors instead."

Baptist churches that once supported boy scout troops are moving en mass to the Ambassadors.

Where is your evidence that millions of boys are dropping out and churches are abandoning the BSA in droves?

Frankly, I am less than a fan of homosexuality (but I don't hate it) but this is a created issue.
In trying to force their views about poofters being dirty shit stabbers, the right has shot themselves in the foot.
If they'd simply left the issue alone, there would never had been a problem.

The gays are the ones pushing all this crap...they're the ones that started all this with gay marriage, and gay priests, and gays raising children. They're the ones that want to change everything to suit what THEY want. If they'd left things alone, there wouldn't be any issues. They aren't satisfied with what they've already gotten, they want more and they don't care who's offended by it.

Liberals think it's the right thing to do. The millions of boys that will drop out of the scouts because liberals think its the right thing to do, disagree.

Why argue? Really. This has happened before. It happened to the Girl Scouts. It's not like this is some brand new concept that has never been done before.

Religious groups that used to support Boy Scout troops are already moving into the Royal Ambassadors. It is a good alternative. Those groups can say "We support gay inclusion in the Boy Scouts. We just don't happen to have any scout troops associated with our organization. We use the Royal Ambassadors instead."

Baptist churches that once supported boy scout troops are moving en mass to the Ambassadors.

It’s the right thing to do because it’s the right thing to do.

Frankly, I am less than a fan of homosexuality (but I don't hate it) but this is a created issue.
In trying to force their views about poofters being dirty shit stabbers, the right has shot themselves in the foot.

The gays are the ones pushing all this crap...they're the ones that started all this with gay marriage, and gay priests, and gays raising children. They're the ones that want to change everything to suit what THEY want. If they'd left things alone, there wouldn't be any issues. They aren't satisfied with what they've already gotten, they want more and they don't care who's offended by it.

I remember the same things said about another group of people around 50 years ago.

Why would a gay boy want to join the boy scouts anyway? He doesn't think of himself as a boy. Same with lesbians! Why don't they start their own group and leave tradition alone, for a change!?!?
Because they have an agenda, and they won't stop until they have it all their way. They couldn't care less if they offend anyone else.....

“The blacks are the ones pushing all this crap...they're the ones that started all this with interracial marriage, and black priests, and blacks eating with whites. They're the ones that want to change everything to suit what THEY want. If they'd left things alone, there wouldn't be any issues. They aren't satisfied with what they've already gotten, they want more and they don't care who's offended by it.”

Sad and telling how some things haven't changed in more than 50 years.

The Constitution and its case law are needed as much today as anytime in our history, if not more so.

Why would a gay boy want to join the boy scouts anyway? He doesn't think of himself as a boy. Same with lesbians! Why don't they start their own group and leave tradition alone, for a change!?!?
Because they have an agenda, and they won't stop until they have it all their way. They couldn't care less if they offend anyone else.....

You are confusing homosexuals with transsexuals

A lot of people make that mistake

Klinger-MASH-small.jpg

Last edited:
Why would a gay boy want to join the boy scouts anyway? He doesn't think of himself as a boy. Same with lesbians!

So you were a gay boy? I mean, how else would you know what they think of themselves.

I've known gay men who were more masculine than many straight men, especially with all the metrosexual behavior of younger guys today. My younger sister is a lesbian and she's just as feminine in her mannerisms and appearance as any other woman. Unless she told you she was gay you'd wouldn't even know.

3stoogesfacepalm_zps468ce075.jpg

Spent a lot of time in Alpine N.J. and Spruce Pond across from the famous Red Apple Rest!!!

The subway runs that far out?

:D

Heck the "A" train ran up to van Cortland park where there was skiing in the winter and in rockaway we had 11 miles of beach and with the trains and buses you could get anywhere. We also were exposed to the best of culture and diversity.

Wow..just..wow…

I remember with my sons troop, fathers and single mothers would bring their sons to join the troop because their son seemed effeminate. They thought that scouts would help him "man up"

Then scouts are supposed to kick him out if he turned out to be gay?

Attachments

• $Red_Apple_Rest_I.jpg
    $Red_Apple_Rest_I.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 37

Forum List

Back