Rittenhouse ordered to stand trial

Looks like Kyle is going to stand trial for his alleged crimes:

Kyle Rittenhouse — the 17-year-old charged with killing two people during protests in Kenosha, Wisconsin, after the shooting of Jacob Blake — will stand trial on charges of felony homicide and other crimes, a court commissioner ruled Thursday.
During a preliminary hearing at Kenosha County Circuit Court, which was held via video link, commissioner Loren Keating ruled that there was enough evidence to send Rittenhouse to trial over the Aug. 25 killings of Joseph Rosenbaum, 36, and Anthony Huber, 26.
Rittenhouse also faces charges of possession of a dangerous weapon while under the age of 18 and felony attempted homicide for injuring a third man, Gaige Grosskreutz.
Lawyers for Rittenhouse argued that the teen, who has been praised by right-wing commentators and viewed sympathetically by the Trump administration, had acted in self-defense when he opened fire.
But Keating said those arguments were issues for trial — not a preliminary hearing. The teen’s lawyers also asked Keating to dismiss two charges, including possession of a dangerous weapon, but the commissioner declined, saying that was also an issue for trial.

Rittenhouse, of Antioch, Illinois, was released on $2 million bond last month, money mostly raised by conservatives through a legal defense fund.

And in related news..the 19yo who posed as a straw buyer for Kyle's gun has been charged:

Charges have been filed against a 19-year-old man who prosecutors allege purchased and supplied the gun used by 17-year-old Kyle Rittenhouse in the fatal shootings of two protesters in Kenosha, Wisconsin.
Dominick Black, of Kenosha, faces two felony counts of intentionally giving a dangerous weapon to a minor, causing death, according to a criminal complaint filed in Kenosha County Circuit Court. If he's found guilty, he faces up to 6 years in prison per count.

According to the criminal complaint, Black enlisted the help of Rittenhouse in guarding the Kenosha car dealership Car Source from property damage and looting. The complaint stated Black “volunteered to go out after curfew” and “asked Mr. Rittenhouse to join him.”

In interviews, the owner of Car Source has denied requesting help from either Black or Rittenhouse in protecting his dealership during the protests.

And several posters on this very board have publicly called for Rump to PARDON this piece of shit.

So conservatives clamoring to defend homicidal maniacs now. We live in interesting times.
Im not sure why you would be so hostile towards him. Sure he shouldnt have had a gun and he was young and out of his depth, but the videos speak for themselves. He was being chased down and attacked by some really bad guys with really bad intentions. The first dude threw a friggin molotov cocktail at him before he ever fired a shot. I mean, COME ON! He ran! He tried extremely hard to get away from that deranged Molotov cocktail throwing attacker. You see it in the video. He also ran from the next set of gun wielding attackers as hard as he could, but they caught him. What was he supposed to do?

He chose to run every single time until the absolute last second. He didnt want to shoot anyone, but they left him no choice. If we dont have a right to self defense, what kind of country do we live in?
Uhh...no..the victim threw a plastic bag..and missed. No Molotov cocktail. His chasers pulled their guns..at least one of them, anyway because Kyle had his gun out, his finger on the trigger. Had Kyle been at home..where he should have been....nothing would have happened. He put himself in that dangerous situation...poured gasoline on the fire..ran when it got too crazy--and opened fire blindly.
Listen to your hysterical hyperbole.
- “he should have been home”. Why is that? He wasn’t breaking the law, he wasn’t rioting.

Oh really.
Where the fuck did he get the gun? You know, without breaking the law and shit?
Who cares. By getting rid of a child molester and another thug he's done more in his short life than you or I ever will, unless you consider posting on stupid sites like this an accomplishment or an act of heroism.

Might wanna think about responding to posts that were actually addressed to you there, Skipjack.
I was just noting your acts of courage. Very impressive! You make Rittenhouse look like shrinking violet.

Kyle is a great American hero.

No, he was a scared kid with a gun. He's not a "hero"...

A lot of people are scared when they go into battle for the first time. Doesn't mean they aren't heroes.

Well, being a combat Vet, I agree with you.

But Rittenhouse wasn't going into battle. He wanted to play "Army"...

He successfully guarded a business from rioters and when separated from his group by the police, and attacked by a mob, defended himself, killing two of them and wounding a third.

That sounds like a battle to me.

As a society we need more of that.

The prosecutor should be arrested for treason and punished to the full extent of the law. Capital punishment. The people demand it.

See, this is where an otherwise intelligent conversation goes off the rails.

Some idiot starts screaming that someone should be charged with treason and awarded capital punishment.

True idiocy, that...
Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

18 U.S. Code § 2381 - Treason | U.S. Code | US Law | LII / Legal Information Institute (cornell.edu)

An anti-USA terrorist group attacked Kyle Rittenhouse, a US citizen, and a few of them got shot by Kyle Rittenhouse in self-defense. And the prosecutor is adhering to the enemy via malicious prosecution of the victim, despite the overwhelming evidence that Kyle was acting in self defense.

Obviously, the endgame of the prosecution is to attack the 2nd Amendment of the US Constitution. If the small child would have KO's the child molesting rapist bully with his fist and he banged his head on the ground and died, there would be no prosecution/persecution of Kyle Rittenhouse.

Fuck off.

Last edited:
The prosecutor should be arrested for treason and punished to the full extent of the law. Capital punishment. The people demand it.

Some idiot starts screaming that someone should be charged with treason and awarded capital punishment.

True idiocy, that...
Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Perfect.

And the only place that applies is in that pointed little head of yours...

A lot of people are scared when they go into battle for the first time. Doesn't mean they aren't heroes.

He successfully guarded a business from rioters and when separated from his group by the police, and attacked by a mob, defended himself, killing two of them and wounding a third.

Well, regardless how you see it, I believe that young man is going to end up on the shit end of the stick. Given the fact that he traveled from another State and took possession of an illegal firearm, he'll likely be charged as an adult.

I got ten bucks that says this kid is fucked...

True idiocy, that...

It is not unreasonable to call the marxist and racist mobs of blm and antifa, "enemies" of the United States.

ANd the prosecutor, charging someone with murder for defending himself, could be argued, is "giving aid and comfort" to those mobs.

Death seems a bit extreme in this case. A year in jail, and being banned for office for life, seems reasonable.

If Rittenhouse dies in a prison fight, because of this politically motivated charge? Ask me again.

Well, regardless how you see it, I believe that young man is going to end up on the shit end of the stick. Given the fact that he traveled from another State and took possession of an illegal firearm, he'll likely be charged as an adult.

IN a sane world, the fact that he was attacked by a violent mob, and was obviously in real danger to his life and limb, would outweigh any other considerations and he would never have even been charged.

That he is even being charged, is an example of how sick we are, as a society.

IN a sane world, the fact that he was attacked by a violent mob, and was obviously in real danger to his life and limb, would outweigh any other considerations and he would never have even been charged.

So, ten bucks? Yea? Nay?

I would have been surprised had he not been ordered to stand trial. He shot someone on tape.

Whether or not he is guilty is another issue.

Exactly.

I'm about as pro-gun, anti-BLM as they get, but the inescapable fact is that this kid killed two people and injured a third, and he did it with an illegal firearm, and he had to cross state lines to do it...

I would have been surprised had he not been ordered to stand trial. He shot someone on tape.

He shot people who were chasing him and attacking him, on tape.

That he was charged, is evidence we are sick as a society.

So, ten bucks? Yea? Nay?

I have no idea. I fear that the kid will not get a fair trial. You can tell from the video, that he should NOT be fucked, and indeed, should have a case for unjust prosecution.

Kyle Rittenhouse — the 17-year-old charged with killing two people during protests in Kenosha, Wisconsin, after the shooting of Jacob Blake — will stand trial on charges of felony homicide and other crimes, a court commissioner ruled Thursday.
During a preliminary hearing at Kenosha County Circuit Court, which was held via video link, commissioner Loren Keating ruled that there was enough evidence to send Rittenhouse to trial over the Aug. 25 killings of Joseph Rosenbaum, 36, and Anthony Huber, 26.
Rittenhouse also faces charges of possession of a dangerous weapon while under the age of 18 and felony attempted homicide for injuring a third man, Gaige Grosskreutz.
Lawyers for Rittenhouse argued that the teen, who has been praised by right-wing commentators and viewed sympathetically by the Trump administration, had acted in self-defense when he opened fire.
But Keating said those arguments were issues for trial — not a preliminary hearing. The teen’s lawyers also asked Keating to dismiss two charges, including possession of a dangerous weapon, but the commissioner declined, saying that was also an issue for trial.

Rittenhouse, of Antioch, Illinois, was released on $2 million bond last month, money mostly raised by conservatives through a legal defense fund.

And in related news..the 19yo who posed as a straw buyer for Kyle's gun has been charged:

Charges have been filed against a 19-year-old man who prosecutors allege purchased and supplied the gun used by 17-year-old Kyle Rittenhouse in the fatal shootings of two protesters in Kenosha, Wisconsin.
Dominick Black, of Kenosha, faces two felony counts of intentionally giving a dangerous weapon to a minor, causing death, according to a criminal complaint filed in Kenosha County Circuit Court. If he's found guilty, he faces up to 6 years in prison per count.

According to the criminal complaint, Black enlisted the help of Rittenhouse in guarding the Kenosha car dealership Car Source from property damage and looting. The complaint stated Black “volunteered to go out after curfew” and “asked Mr. Rittenhouse to join him.”

In interviews, the owner of Car Source has denied requesting help from either Black or Rittenhouse in protecting his dealership during the protests.

And several posters on this very board have publicly called for Rump to PARDON this piece of shit.

So conservatives clamoring to defend homicidal maniacs now. We live in interesting times.

Yeah, YOUR hero's were the pieces of shit. Convicted child rapist. Convicted spousal rapist and torturer, and a convicted burglar, vs a kid who worked as a lifeguard.

You fuckers are going to lose.

Badly

"You fuckers are going to lose." Who are the fuckers and what are they losing?

Rittenhouse had no way to know about the prior convictions of those he shot that I'm aware of, so that doesn't seem all that relevant. The fact that Rittenhouse was attacked and tried to flee before the shootings seems like a much more important consideration.

It says a lot that you assholes care more about child rapists than a juvenile lifeguard who was PROVABLY rendering 1st aid to victims of the rioting from both sides.

It Al's is remarkable that EVERY person he shot, was a convicted violent felon.

Every single one. So, either the majority of your people are scumbags, or Kyle is the most unlucky person in the world.

WTF are you talking about? Did you think you were responding to someone else?

Who are 'my' people? What is it you think my post said?

Rittenhouse does not get to shoot people because they have been convicted of crimes in the past. I pointed out that that information isn't particularly relevant. The fact that Rittenhouse appeared to be attacked before he fired a shot, the fact that he appeared to be fleeing before falling and being attacked again, those things are far more relevant. Those are the things that I expect will keep him from being convicted on most of the charges.
The background of these individuals gives you an idea about how dangerous they were to Kyle that night. These are very bad people who had very bad intentions.

What I'm most impressed with Mr. Rittenhouse's actions was that after he shot the child molester, the riots in Kenosha quickly ended. Turned out that the BLM/Antifa/NAMBLA coalition didn't want a real fight and showed themselves to be yellow.

Time served on a weapons charge and he's out. A no-brainer.
The weapon charge is actually a misdemeanor there.

You are confused.

Rittenhouse was there to help clean up the shit the Communists and BLM terrorists had destroyed. There are pictures of him cleaning the graffiti the Communists had defaced. Hardly an act of somebody "playing Army".

He had not intentions of going into combat against the Communists. His AR was not for offensive purposes but to defend himself if the need be. Thank god he had it or he would probably be dead now.

He was chased down and attacked because he helped to put out a fire caused by the Communists.

He was acting in self defense.

He is a hero because he was not afraid to dispatch the Communists that were trying to kill him. God bless him.

It's sad that a 17yo will be tried as an adult, and if justice is served he will be sentenced to life in prison w/o the possibility of parole. Sad because it will cost the taxpayers hundreds of thousand dollars to feed, house and provide medical care for this murderer.

He shot people who were chasing him and attacking him, on tape.

That he was charged, is evidence we are sick as a society.

There's a concept known as "escalation of force". Deadly force is the very last level of force which should be used. Unfortunately for Rittenhouse, it's the only level of force he used. That will end up being his undoing...

You are confused.

Rittenhouse was there to help clean up the shit the Communists and BLM terrorists had destroyed. There are pictures of him cleaning the graffiti the Communists had defaced. Hardly an act of somebody "playing Army".

He had not intentions of going into combat against the Communists. His AR was not for offensive purposes but to defend himself if the need be. Thank god he had it or he would probably be dead now.

He was chased down and attacked because he helped to put out a fire caused by the Communists.

He was acting in self defense.

He is a hero because he was not afraid to dispatch the Communists that were trying to kill him. God bless him.

You seem awfully sure about that.

Ten bucks?

Forum List

Back