Robert E Lee & The Confederate Solider statue removed in Dallas

Statue sold for $1.4 million. Why are we removing the in the first place because they owned slaves and that makes it racist today. What’s next all our money? George Washington owned 30 himself is he know a piece of shit? The Left gets offended by EVERYTHING in the past because they’re personally so inadequate in the present. ‘Robert E. Lee & The Confederate Soldier’ Sculpture Removed From Dallas Park Sells For $1.4M

No it's because he lead the confederate army in a war against the United States of America. A war that killed over 600 thousand American citizens.

Do we erect statues to the Germans who lead the nazis in a war against the United States and the world?

Do we erect statues to the British generals who lead the British army against the colonists in the revolutionary war and the war of 1812?

Do we erect statues to any of the generals who waged war on the United States?

I don't know of any. Except in the south. Southerners erected many statues to generals and men who waged war on the United States of America.

I don't know of any patriotic American who would want to have a statue to anyone who lead any military against the United States of America. Much less men who are responsible for the deaths of over 600 thousand American citizens.

And here's the thing. If there was a cult movement to sanitize the Nazi image, call it the United Daughters of Naziism, complete with books, movies, statues, monuments, plaques, all for the purpose of permanently propagating the message that "hey, they weren't that bad, they were kind of noble", then there would be Nazi statues, monuments, etc etc. Same thing.

Bad enough that we fractured into civil war, worse that we immediately started lying about it.

Cheap manual labor was necessary to succeed in farming. There was no real farm machinery. Your idealistic view of the 1860 world is laughable.

You actually never heard of the cotton gin?

They taught slaves how to work them. I think the early ones were kind of dangerous too.

And that invention begat the booming cotton industry, so it's kiiiiiiiiiiinda important.

Just found it ironic that somebody would post "there was no real machinery" when machinery in fact spurred the whole shebang.

I agree with both, Cheap labor was necessary. Farming was hard work. Machinery was making it easier but there is no reason to think slavery would magically disappear because of it. Slaves were more productive with it.

Statue sold for $1.4 million. Why are we removing the in the first place because they owned slaves and that makes it racist today. What’s next all our money? George Washington owned 30 himself is he know a piece of shit? The Left gets offended by EVERYTHING in the past because they’re personally so inadequate in the present.

Um, not, it's being removed because he betrayed the country over slavery.

Time to stop honoring traitors. Take them all down.

Just like the Taliban, destroying art, trying to erase history. History haunts them, even if they try to mangle the history books.
History is history, the truth is the truth, deal with it.

Yes, history is history.

And there was nothing noble or honorable about Lee, which is why he should be expunged from any place of honor. .
time to stop calling everyone who doesn't think like you a traitor.

if you want to create a brave new world, have at it. but all this demonizing the people of our past to me is the bullshit in action.
Joeys ideal country is Stalin's Russia.

Statue sold for $1.4 million. Why are we removing the in the first place because they owned slaves and that makes it racist today. What’s next all our money? George Washington owned 30 himself is he know a piece of shit? The Left gets offended by EVERYTHING in the past because they’re personally so inadequate in the present. ‘Robert E. Lee & The Confederate Soldier’ Sculpture Removed From Dallas Park Sells For $1.4M

He was a traitor to the United States who killed more US troops than any enemy ever.
Wrong.

Cheap manual labor was necessary to succeed in farming. There was no real farm machinery. Your idealistic view of the 1860 world is laughable.

You actually never heard of the cotton gin?

They taught slaves how to work them. I think the early ones were kind of dangerous too.

And that invention begat the booming cotton industry, so it's kiiiiiiiiiiinda important.

Just found it ironic that somebody would post "there was no real machinery" when machinery in fact spurred the whole shebang.

I agree with both, Cheap labor was necessary. Farming was hard work. Machinery was making it easier but there is no reason to think slavery would magically disappear because of it. Slaves were more productive with it.

The point was never that "slavery would disappear because of it" or anything like that. The point was that machinery, specifically that invention, transformed cotton into the boom crop it was and made the American South the world's primary supplier of it. At first anyway.

I just find it kind of amazing that the poster who claimed there was "no machinery" would be oblivious to the import of that. Without the cotton gin, cotton is just another crop and not a cash crop. That would have been the case with or without slavery, but it made the institution of slavery that much more crucial to the cash part of it. In effect the cotton gin transformed the magnitude of slavery just as it transformed the process of harvesting cotton.

[Q

yyyyyyyyyeah unfortunately statues are not "history". They're propaganda.

You stupid Moon Bats are just as ignorant of History as you are of Economics, Climate Science, Biology, Ethics and the Constitution.

Texas was a proud Confederate state and the sacrifice that the brave Confederate soldiers made is definitely a major part of their history but you are too goddamn ignorant to know so go fuck yourself. Better yet go join the Taliban. They love destroying history.

Just like the Taliban, destroying art, trying to erase history. History haunts them, even if they try to mangle the history books.
History is history, the truth is the truth, deal with it.

So you had a problem with this too?

Apples and screwdrivers. We did it to ourselves.

It's not an answer, but then again it wasn't your question. Hence the non-sequiturian random word salad.

That you cannot make simple connections is not my problem.

[Q

You stupid Moon Bats are just as ignorant of History as you are of Economics, Climate Science, Biology, Ethics and the Constitution.

Texas was a proud Confederate state and the sacrifice that the brave Confederate soldiers made is definitely a major part of their history but you are too goddamn ignorant to know so go fuck yourself. Better yet go join the Taliban. They love destroying history.

Yyyyyyyeah I just POSTED the history, schlemiel. There ain't nuttin' you can do about that.

Fuck the American Taliban that demands that history be destroyed.

That is what happens in a great Texas city like Dallas where the asshole Neggras get the voting power. They put Taliban leaders in charge that have no concept of American history. Fuck the Neggras and the stupid Moon Bats that vote in assholes Democrat leaders.

^ A timely example of the exact attitude those monuments were meant to instill and perpetuate in the generations subsequent to their installation.

Thanks, bud. :thup:

[Q

Yyyyyyyeah I just POSTED the history, schlemiel. There ain't nuttin' you can do about that.

Last thing this country needs is to have stupid uneducated low information Moon Bats and filthy ass welfare Neggras rewriting history for us.

We already have every damn ghetto street in American named after that asshole MLK.

Texas was a proud Confederate state and the sacrifice that the brave Confederate soldiers made is definitely a major part of their history

Lee was from Virginia and lost the war.

I like Generals who don't lose wars.

</sarcasm>

That said, these statue do need to be preserved to remind future generations of our history.

Down at that new Evangelical nostalgic Civil War theme park. Right next to Noah's Ark Park!

Fuck the American Taliban that demands that history be destroyed.

That is what happens in a great Texas city like Dallas where the asshole Neggras get the voting power. They put Taliban leaders in charge that have no concept of American history. Fuck the Neggras and the stupid Moon Bats that vote in assholes Democrat leaders.

^ A timely example of the exact attitude those monuments were meant to instill and perpetuate in the generations subsequent to their installation.

Thanks, bud. :thup:

The Negro filth in this country are hell bent on destroying American White history and the stupid Moon Bats are helping them. Disgusting, isn't it? The American Taliban.

I find it very interesting that I told the OP why those statues are being removed but that person ignores the truths I posted.

The south started the civil war at Fort Sumter.

No real American would want a statue to a man who is a traitor to our nation and is responsible for over 600 thousand Americans to die.

The statues have their place. In a museum.

Well, they couldn't, because the war would have gone guerrilla,

The war did go guerrilla. The insurgents won and by 1877 the Occupation ended and the former slave holders began to take rights away from the newly freed slaves. That's the era when most of the statues were erected.
Making shit up again.

The war ended in 1865. Who do you think the original KKK targeted? The last federal troops abandoned the occupation of Louisiana in 1877 after thousands were killed in the unrest there. That was the year the former white power structure began to reassert power in that state. No more federal troops in any Confederate state. Freed slaves had no more protection.

No it's because he lead the confederate army in a war against the United States of America. A war that killed over 600 thousand American citizens.

Do we erect statues to the Germans who lead the nazis in a war against the United States and the world?

Do we erect statues to the British generals who lead the British army against the colonists in the revolutionary war and the war of 1812?

Do we erect statues to any of the generals who waged war on the United States?

I don't know of any. Except in the south. Southerners erected many statues to generals and men who waged war on the United States of America.

I don't know of any patriotic American who would want to have a statue to anyone who lead any military against the United States of America. Much less men who are responsible for the deaths of over 600 thousand American citizens.

Fuck off, bitch. The North tried to put tariffs on cotton and vegetables and sugar from the south. That's what the war was really about, dumbass.

You like sugar? Yeah, well, we make sugar here. Do yankees make sugar? Not much, and when they do, it's beet sugar.

Crony capitalism was at work even back then.

Fuck off, bitch. The North tried to put tariffs on cotton and vegetables and sugar from the south. That's what the war was really about, dumbass.

Texas abandoned her separate national existence and consented to become one of the Confederated States to promote her welfare, insure domestic tranquillity and secure more substantially the blessings of peace and liberty to her people. She was received into the confederacy with her own constitution under the guarantee of the federal constitution and the compact of annexation, that she should enjoy these blessings. She was received as a commonwealth holding, maintaining and protecting the institution known as negro slavery--the servitude of the African to the white race within her limits--a relation that had existed from the first settlement of her wilderness by the white race, and which her people intended should exist in all future time.

Texas Ordinance of Secession

Nope they wanted to keep them slaves for ever and ever and ever.......

There was everything noble and honorable about Lee. His father died when Lee was 11. They had a very tough existence. Lee applied to West Point and was accepted when he was 17. The rest is history. There is no record of Robert E. Lee owning land or slaves. So what's the bitch?

Again, that he betrayed his country and fought to maintain slavery...

Oh, he had a very tough existence, the poor thing, living on a plantation.

Actually, the Mexican American war is a war we should be even more ashamed of than the Civil War. We were completely in the wrong on that one.

1. He fought for his state. The "country" was a "Union of States". The US was much more localized back in 1860. They fought for States' Rights, not just slavery. Slavery was the norm back then, they didn't know what political correctness was. Cheap manual labor was necessary to succeed in farming. There was no real farm machinery. Your idealistic view of the 1860 world is laughable.
2. Show me after his dad died when he was 11 where he owned a plantation. They were essentially beggars living with family.
3. Who is ashamed of annexing Texas? Not most of us.
Mexican–American War - Wikipedia
4. If you were drafted to fight in VN what would you do? The power of the "state" has demands.

Funny how you regulate the owning of other human beings being wrong just a matter of political correctness.

I guess if it were deemed PC you would gladly own other humans?
Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

What's wrong is applying 2019 politically correct norms to ancient history. Trying to criminalize what was not against the Law.
I don't support slavery, but if I lived in ancient times it would be the norm, to use cheap manual labor. It was not against the Law, was it?
Tell me you support full benefits and the minimum wage for farm workers, so that your fresh produce costs triple or quadruple?

The idea of not owning other human beings is not a matter of political correctness...no matter how many ways you try to whitewash the institution of slavery.

There is no comparison to low wages and being owned. Fucking pathetic you would try and compare the two

The reality of owning human beings is alive and well in 2019. The UN estimates that about 40m humans are current slaves. What's pathetic is that you act as if slave owners were mass murderers. You do not factor in normal practices of the era. I don't blame the founding fathers for owning slaves, I blame Wall Street and K-Street for outsourcing jobs and factories keeping the middle-class poor.
Modern-Day Slavery by the Numbers | Facts & Trends

My point being that great generals like Robert E. Lee, or the US Founding Fathers, and their statues, should be revered, not destroyed. Yes some of their statues were destroyed by mobs. Why? Because they "owned slaves", which was the norm back in that time. I simply can't justify trying to apply 2019 politically correct sensibilities to the ancient norms of behavior.
As I proved above, slavery exists today, in 2019, so no one should blame US heroes for normal behavior in their time, especially the Founding Fathers, without which we would probably be subjects of a King or Queen.

Forum List

Back