Robert Gates Calls Benghazi Critics ‘Cartoonish’

velvtacheeze

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2013
Robert Gates Calls Benghazi Critics 'Cartoonish' (VIDEO) | TPM LiveWire

Former Defense Secretary Robert Gates on Sunday defended the Obama administration over its handling of the deadly attack in Benghazi, Libya against a growing chorus of critics.

Gates, a Republican who was originally nominated to head the Pentagon by former President George W. Bush before being retained by President Barack Obama, backed the administration's response to the attack that left four Americans dead.

"Frankly, had I been in the job at the time, I think my decisions would have been just as theirs were," Gates said during an appearance on CBS' "Face the Nation." "We don't have a ready force standing by in the Middle East, and so getting somebody there in a timely way would have been very difficult, if not impossible."

==================================================

He's totally right, of course. The Benghazi hissyfit is just an attempt at political payback over the constant bashing the GOP took during the Bush years. Bashing they brought on themselves and totally deserved.

The left mercilessly demolished the Bush Presidency, and ended the GOP's political advantage on foreign & military policies for a generation. Not enough Americans are buying into Benghazigate to change it. Instead , it just reminds Americans of the 10 embassy attacks during the Bush years, let alone the thousands of needless deaths in the GOP's Iraq War Mistake.

Americans are asking "Why the heck are conservatives so mad about the deaths of Americans now? Where was this anger when Americans were murdered during the Bush years?"

Face it conservatives, the Bush Presidency was a flop & failure, and the American people learned from the mistake of his election by keeping Mitt & MCain out of the White House.

Instead of complaining about Benghazi, you conservatives need to moderate your polices, apologize for the mistake of the Iraq War, and promise not to repeat it.

Forum List

Back