Roe is just the latest example of all-or-nothing politics

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2011
Abortion law varies widely throughout the world. In many cases, there is a gestation period in which abortion is legal.

I have to wonder what would be happening if the Pro Choice movement had just been willing to agree to some kind of time restriction, instead of refusing to seriously discuss it and (apparently) backing abortion to the end of the pregnancy.

So now, the Pro Life movement can be expected to push this as far as they can, because they "won". After all, America is now all-or-nothing, right? Us vs. Them!

I know that many are just fine with all-or-nothing "wars". I just don't get it. They seem to do far more to divide than to actually improve things.

Reversing Roe V Wade doesn't outlaw abortion.

It merely removes the concept that The Constitution guarantees abortion under the guise of medical privacy.

For the past two years, we have been pummeled with the idea that medical privacy is not a guarantee and this is the result.

Reversing Roe V Wade doesn't outlaw abortion.

It merely removes the concept that The Constitution guarantees abortion under the guise of medical privacy.

For the past two years, we have been pummeled with the idea that medical privacy is not a guarantee and this is the result.
A contagious virus of whose effects can be deadly versus pregnancy....yeah...that's roughly an equivalent. Wow.

Abortion law varies widely throughout the world. In many cases, there is a gestation period in which abortion is legal.

I have to wonder what would be happening if the Pro Choice movement had just been willing to agree to some kind of time restriction, instead of refusing to seriously discuss it and (apparently) backing abortion to the end of the pregnancy.

So now, the Pro Life movement can be expected to push this as far as they can, because they "won". After all, America is now all-or-nothing, right? Us vs. Them!

I know that many are just fine with all-or-nothing "wars". I just don't get it. They seem to do far more to divide than to actually improve things.
Sure. Draw the line for us. I wonder what will happen when you do?

By the way, gang (and mods), this thread is not about abortion.

After 50 years, now this. Seems strange timing. The result will cause even greater divisions among Americans. Maybe this is why now.

The time for a split is now. There can be no reconciliation. Who even wants one?

I now wonder if we simply no longer have the capacity to address issues.
Little things...sure. Important things? Nope. We have a government that has been broken for decades with appointed party bosses deciding if the entire branch gets to debate a bill, let alone vote on it. Our constitution is long past it's shelf-life and the only use it provides is to hemp identify the loop holes one uses to get around it.

Little things...sure. Important things? Nope. We have a government that has been broken for decades with appointed party bosses deciding if the entire branch gets to debate a bill, let alone vote on it. Our constitution is long past it's shelf-life and the only use it provides is to hemp identify the loop holes one uses to get around it.

Fellow Constitutional Conservatives:

There is no reconciliation with this.

It's time, I think. Not happy about it, but here we are.

The USSC won't reverse R v W, they're just messin' with the democrats.
Roberts would vote with the libs to keep abortions legal.

Whoever leaked Alito's opinion is in deep shit though.

C'mon mac...

What time restriction should they have agreed to?

You're dealing with Christian nationalist zealots here. Outright bans are their goal and they do not care how it happens, who it hurts or what it costs. We've known this from day one. It's no accident the right has harnessed this kind of fascist religiosity for every issue.

Forum List

Back