Roe v. Wade getting overturned!!

Curious, what rights will you lose when Roe is overturned?

List them

Body autonomy.

Now, list the odds of a 'no exception' federal abortion ban becoming law in this country.

Very unlikely. That is the best way to end a political career. Simply get others to see you as unmerciful, and boom, you become politically irrelevant.

I once considered the overturning of Roe as highly unlikely considering a majority of Americans supported keeping it in place. I see politicians refusing to rule out attempting a federal ban. I see some politicians even considering fetal personhood bills in their states. Given all this, I no longer have the luxury of assuming this will never happen. You, however do.

My view of life is such that if a woman's life is in danger due to her pregnancy and she is forced to give birth, and she dies, not only is her life lost, the life she has the potential to give birth to is also lost. If the woman is raped, where she was actually given no choice over her body, and you make no exceptions for it, poof, unmerciful, lack of compassion. Incest is the same way, because it can lead to genetic issues or deformities. How does lack of compassion enhance life? It doesn't.

I think that is a fair view.

My view is up until 16 weeks, abortion is legal, no barriers, restrictions, and clinics operate under the same regulations and rules as any other comparable out patient services. That gives a women enough time to realize she is pregnant, make a decision get financing and access a clinic.

After that, elective abortions can be restricted, but it should always be legal if a mother's health or life is in danger or severe fetal defects.

Body autonomy.

I once considered the overturning of Roe as highly unlikely considering a majority of Americans supported keeping it in place. I see politicians refusing to rule out attempting a federal ban. I see some politicians even considering fetal personhood bills in their states. Given all this, I no longer have the luxury of assuming this will never happen. You, however do.

I think that is a fair view.

My view is up until 16 weeks, abortion is legal, no barriers, restrictions, and clinics operate under the same regulations and rules as any other comparable out patient services. That gives a women enough time to realize she is pregnant, make a decision get financing and access a clinic.

After that, elective abortions can be restricted, but it should always be legal if a mother's health or life is in danger or severe fetal defects.
Your activists would stone you for 16 weeks because they would lose late term abortion.

The left have no intension of compromise. A deal. Why we are ready to destroy each other. You cant negotiate with them.

Right now they attempt to use fear and intimidation on judges. And this is against the law. DOJ and Biden do nothing but pretend that they even care.

Gloves are off. So be it.

I see politicians refusing to rule out attempting a federal ban. I see some politicians even considering fetal personhood bills in their states.

1. The federal ban will go nowhere. Senators and congressmen only propose and vote for such things to appease their bases. They do it on both sides, wasting our time and taxpayer money in the process.

2. And yes, a viable, healthy fetus is a person.

Your activists would stone you for 16 weeks because they would lose late term abortion.

The left have no intension of compromise. A deal. Why we are ready to destroy each other. You cant negotiate with them.

Right now they attempt to use fear and intimidation on judges. And this is against the law. DOJ and Biden do nothing but pretend that they even care.

Gloves are off. So be it.
What compromise is the right making?

I live in a red state.

I see, but now the question remains, how does the right to an abortion cease to exist in the blue states that passed more expansive abortion rights laws when Roe is overturned? You have such a dystopian view of abortion rights, Coyote.

Last edited:
You just said 16 weeks. A compromise would be in that range and ends late term abortion even in blue states.
She'd be willing to go to for an 'after the first breath' 'clause'.

Aka. Why should we compromise with leftist who allow even after birth abortion Right now???

Because they demand the right to kill the unborn. They've been demanding this right since the dawn of man.

They? Pagans.

In our state we argue with ourselves on issues. Leftist high steps in cadence. Tue left are do as we say or we Burn.

Sorry no negotiation with that.

They demand we compromise and never compromise themselves.

So Ramming speed bitches. Its what you wanted. When you say OR ELSE all the time. Else will come.

1652289850559.png

Restating a point I made last week:

How can Democrats champion bodily autonomy for women when they literally forced them to take vaccines during the pandemic whether they wished to or not?

How does bodily autonomy apply in one circumstance, but not the other?

Forum List

Back