🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Romney Considering Another Run

I'm just wondering if Romney has settled on where he stands on the issues by now.
That last campaign left me dizzy trying to keep up with his flippin' and floppin'.
I predict he'll run hard right, he tried left and middle.

I think he might try to run to the right of Jeb, but I just don't see how he pulls it off.

Bush executed 21 prisoners in his two terms. Romney executed - ZERO.

Bush fought against gay marriage. Romney presided over the first state to legalize it.

Bush was anti-abortion, Romney was pro-choice.

Bush went to the mat to keep Terry Schiavo's brain dead corpse alive.

Oh, yeah, Romney passed ObamaCare 1.0.

Romey also flipped to anti-abortion (with health of mother and rape exceptions which Ryan and the GOP platform rejected)
Romney also touted Romneycare as the model for the nation and then flipped and said Obamacare should be repealed.

Romney may have been more left before he started running - but he shifted to the right after he started running. And just kept drifting further and further right as the campaign progressed. So honestly, I have no idea what his convictions really are.

McCain did pretty much the same thing only he did over a longer period of time so the shifts weren't quite as jarring.

Romney on the other hand, really doesn't represent the rank and file of the GOP. His support was never more than 25%. IN 2008 they clearly rejected him, and in 2012, he was willing to spend a shitload of his own money burying candidates who were obviously jokes. (And he still struggled!)

The fact that so many of the people who supported him in 2012 are telling him, "No, thanks" in 2015 should be a clue that his time has passed.

More revolving door logic from Joeb. If Romney did represent the so-called rank and file Republicans, you wouldn't be so scared.
That's not my quote.

It was still awesome, though.
True 'dat!

It's sad watching you two rub each other off.
^^^ From the "Vince Foster was murdered" guy.
4i6Ckte.gif

I was referring to his presidential campaign. I have no idea what he did in his campaign against Ted.

It just underscores how all over the place the guy is.

Oh, I think she's going to be the President.

But if you think 2016-24 is going to be like the 1990s simply because she's the President, well, you're a moron.

No, I think you and your Wall Street buddies have so fucked up the country they'll never be that good again.

I'll just be happy to "Keeping Bush or Romney from Fucking it up" standard.

Yea, cos Obama revolutionized Wall Street....

You mean other than passing Dodd-Frank, which they hated, and presiding over record highs?

Record high deficits, right?

And every president presides over record highs. You might as well give Obama credit for the sun coming up in the morning.

And every president presides over record highs. You might as well give Obama credit for the sun coming up in the morning.

Well, no, when you boy Bush left, the Market had crashed and lost half its value So Obama took a Dow that was at 6000, which is where you Boy Bush Left it, and brought it up to 18,000.

But I'm sure all you see is a Negro in the White House, and that makes your blood boil.

Mr. Romney criticized President Obama and sketched out a three-pronged campaign platform should he seek the presidency for a third time. He said the 2016 campaign should center on making the world safer, offering opportunity for all Americans and lifting people out of poverty.

“Under President Obama the rich have gotten richer, income inequality has gotten worse and there are more people in poverty in American than ever before,” Mr. Romney said.

But Mr. Romney, whose 2012 campaign was sharply criticized, also suggested he would be a different candidate in what he argued would be a different campaign.

And he signaled that, unlike until late in his 2012 campaign, he would be more open about the role he has played in the Mormon Church. Joined by his wife, Ann, Mr. Romney said she “knows where my heart is” and briefly discussed how she had witnessed him serve as a minister, helping the needy, and “not just as a business guy and a political guy.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/17/us/politics/romney-signals-interest-in-2016-run-for-president.html

I like the message, but while I think Romney is better than any of his GOP opponents, I do wonder just how effectively he can campaign on helping the poor and giving the middle class more opportunity. If I were him and his 1% donors I'd try to "put my money where my mouth is". Not necessarily donate noticeable tons of money, but do something unorthodox (something you wouldn't expect mega-rich GOPers to do) that costs and really shows you mean business about aiding the poor and making the middle-class a very comfortable and opportunistic class

I am surprised at the vocal disapproval on Romney 2016 among the GOP that has grown in the past week. For a year he's been crushing all GOP politicians in any 2016 poll he's included in. He was the party's MVP during the mid-term year. His image and likability has improved in the fall out since losing in 2012. People are so quick to ignore all this and truly believe Jeb Bush or Rand Paul are more qualified for a general election?

“It’s a tragedy -- a human tragedy – that the middle class in this country by and large doesn’t believe the future won’t be better than the past or their kids will have a brighter future of their own,” Romney said. He added, “People want to see rising wages and they deserve them.”

Romney moving toward 2016 run outlines vision to eradicate poverty - The Washington Post

It is. I'm in my 20's and stress over my career, school, and wonder what sort of life I'll provide for my family every day. How are you going to effectively attack this problem?

Last edited:

Well, no, when you boy Bush left, the Market had crashed and lost half its value So Obama took a Dow that was at 6000, which is where you Boy Bush Left it, and brought it up to 18,000.

But I'm sure all you see is a Negro in the White House, and that makes your blood boil.

Yes, record high waste and record high deficits despite all the aspersions you want to cast.

I don't think this is a good idea. He was a poor candidate the last time around, and a very weak field was a big reason why he won the nomination.

Romney Tells Donors He s Mulling a Presidential Bid - Bloomberg Politics

I'd rather we pull some Average Joe off the street and give him/her a limo ride to the Oval Office.

Once there, a huge spinning wheel will have been installed. Each time a decision needs to be made that old wheel gets a spin.

The trick is getting the correct labels onto the wheel:

• Cut taxes
  • Fire a czar
  • Eliminate the IRS
  • Eliminate the EPA
  • etc

The problem with Romney is that His Record is So Loud, I can't hear a Word He's Saying.
Yes, record high waste and record high deficits despite all the aspersions you want to cast.

Until we make the rich pay their fair share, you guys have no business talking about deficits.

Record of actually balancing budgets or his other successful pursuits like saving the Olympics? You're not even half-assing your aspersions now, guy.

I don't think this is a good idea. He was a poor candidate the last time around, and a very weak field was a big reason why he won the nomination.

Romney Tells Donors He s Mulling a Presidential Bid - Bloomberg Politics

I'd rather we pull some Average Joe off the street and give him/her a limo ride to the Oval Office.

Once there, a huge spinning wheel will have been installed. Each time a decision needs to be made that old wheel gets a spin.

The trick is getting the correct labels onto the wheel:

• Cut taxes
  • Fire a czar
  • Eliminate the IRS
  • Eliminate the EPA
  • etc

Well, we did the first part by hiring some average joe in 08. Too bad the wheel wasn't part of the equation.

Record of actually balancing budgets or his other successful pursuits like saving the Olympics? You're not even half-assing your aspersions now, guy.

Well, first, MA has a balanced budget amendment. Budgets were balanced under Dukakis and they were balanced under Devall Patrick. so that's not an accomplishment.

Second, the only reason why the Salt Lake City Olympics needed to be "Saved" was because the fucking Mormons in Utah bribed the IOC officials into granting them to SLC when the venue wasn't ready. So Romney went hat in hand to the Feds and said, "Please bail us out of this mess my Crazy Cult got us into."

Well, first, MA has a balanced budget amendment. Budgets were balanced under Dukakis and they were balanced under Devall Patrick. so that's not an accomplishment.

Second, the only reason why the Salt Lake City Olympics needed to be "Saved" was because the fucking Mormons in Utah bribed the IOC officials into granting them to SLC when the venue wasn't ready. So Romney went hat in hand to the Feds and said, "Please bail us out of this mess my Crazy Cult got us into."

Except that Devall doesn't balance his budgets: Gov. Deval Patrick planning to make cuts to address 325 million budget shortfall masslive.com Also, education went to shiz under him; whereas it was top shelf under Romney.

And the 02 Olympics fiscal problems were the tip of the iceberg. Romney had to get projects back on schedule while Obama was probably in some room in Pakistan 'community organizing.'

Romney still doesn't get it. He does well in a few major states, but simply doesn't win over enough of America to get elected. If Republicans are going to win they need someone tolerable to at least a few Democratic leaning states.

Forum List

Back